Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Well that whole story is a clusterfuck. Even if Rogue want's to leave him in antartica no other X-men should allow it. It's like they went "oh it's Gambit, we will let Rogue decide what our collective party line will be again". With some strange comicbook logic that leaving him there somehow doesn't translate into either freezing to death or starving. Later on Marvel realize how badly it reflected on the X-men and Rogue in particular and invented the "Oh Rogue has flown to antartica to look for Gambit again" yet once more trying to turn it into Gambit's fault that he's not there to be rescued. While Gambit accepts it all and is almost grateful that they left him there. Nah the only good point with that story is to further cement what an ******* Magneto can be. I have no problems with KT not dwelling on it, it would probably take another mini to just fix all the weird decissions being made in that story.
    You missed one thing. Gambit wanted to be left alone then.
    Rogue simply wasn't strong enough to make her own decision.

Pepe draws very hot Gambit and Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    You missed one thing. Gambit wanted to be left alone then.
    Rogue simply wasn't strong enough to make her own decision.
    I didn't miss anything. My point was never to recap what happened it was to convey what a clusterfuck that story was. If we had a X-men story where Gambit would decide that it's better to hammer in the nails with his forehead instead of the hammer it still would not be a good story. Even if "it was his choice" or whatever rationale that would be used. The same if Rogue decided that it was the best thing to roll him in a carpet with some bloody steaks added and then throw him in a swamp instead of taking him to a doctor. Even if she did it because Gambit wanted it.
    Lobdell had built up the big secret plot for some time when the antartica story happened, I'm sure most fans and editors where glad it finally was going to be resolved. The misstake most did was believing that Lobdell knew where he was going. We where used to the plotting of Claremont where things was more or less mapped out years in advance. Instead Lobdell seemingly winged it. What we got was not that Gambit had done something unforgivable, it was just a mess of strange overreactions. Whatever story rationale they used it just seemed more like an afterthought to rationlise these big dramatic moments they wanted to show us. As it is now it's better for Gambit and Rogue to both agree to never adress it. They both overreacted to something that could have been solved in a much better way with some competent writing.

The Red dress from X-Men #4 isn't drawn right. Rogue did not have bare shoulders and bare arms.

I wish Rogue had told Remy about why she kissed Deadpool. It was because she was remorseful over the beating she gave him while under the Red Skull's mind control. Also, why is the part of kissing Deadpool the allowed the release of Simon from Rogue's body after many, many months of being stuck inside Rogue being dealt with?

I didn't miss anything. My point was never to recap what happened it was to convey what a clusterfuck that story was. If we had a X-men story where Gambit would decide that it's better to hammer in the nails with his forehead instead of the hammer it still would not be a good story. Even if "it was his choice" or whatever rationale that would be used. The same if Rogue decided that it was the best thing to roll him in a carpet with some bloody steaks added and then throw him in a swamp instead of taking him to a doctor. Even if she did it because Gambit wanted it.
    Lobdell had built up the big secret plot for some time when the antartica story happened, I'm sure most fans and editors where glad it finally was going to be resolved. The misstake most did was believing that Lobdell knew where he was going. We where used to the plotting of Claremont where things was more or less mapped out years in advance. Instead Lobdell seemingly winged it. What we got was not that Gambit had done something unforgivable, it was just a mess of strange overreactions. Whatever story rationale they used it just seemed more like an afterthought to rationlise these big dramatic moments they wanted to show us. As it is now it's better for Gambit and Rogue to both agree to never adress it. They both overreacted to something that could have been solved in a much better way with some competent writing.
    You're right about it being a mess, but to be fair, Lobdell didn't write Uncanny #350, he left after #349. It was a transitional phase, when Seagle and Kelly took over the two core books. I remember an old interview with Lobdell in the very early 2000's where stated that he would never had ended the Gambit/Antarctica arc that way. I don't know the full story, but there was some strange politics going on at the X-Office at the time, which led to how the arc ended that way.
    Last edited by Sparta; 02-02-2018 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Rogue's kiss with Wade is front & center. I think Gambit is most salty about that lol I would think magneto would be public enemy #1.
    The thing about Carey making Magneto Rogue's "rebound guy" that never made sense to me is that she knew he was Eric the Red and was behind Gambit's "Trial". Why would Rogue be making time with a man that had deliberately inflicted so much emotional and psychological pain on her? Not one of Carey's best ideas...
    Last edited by mikeb; 02-02-2018 at 03:33 AM.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Looks pretty good.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Her powers have drawbacks so it's possible
    All issues can be solved through talking.
    but when You care about something or someone ... emotions are involved. Sometimes it is hard to talk.
    What we got was not that Gambit had done something unforgivable
    depends

I know people who would break up with Gambit just because he was hiding the truth and this was hurting him.
    Watching how people You love suffer is rather painful especially when they don't want help.
    The misstake most did was believing that Lobdell knew where he was going.
    that was first issue by Steave Seagle

Preview looks great, very unique book too, haven't really seen this type of comic anywhere else. Could even turn out funnier than the first issue.

Gambit and Rogue in couple's therapy...there's just too much entertainment value to squeeze into one preview.

Really looking forward to this. I think some of these issues with Gambit and Rogue have been simmering and overlooked for too long. I'm glad this series is starting to confront them, but there's a lot to confront.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Is it true what I remember that Steve Seagle and Joe Kelly disliked Gambit and actually wanted to kill him off?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Is it true what I remember that Steve Seagle and Joe Kelly disliked Gambit and actually wanted to kill him off?
    Yes, from what I understand was that they didn't want to use him (not sure about killing him), but they wanted to write him out of the books.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I remember the same. They wanted to kill Remy but were not allwed, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    You're right about it being a mess, but to be fair, Lobdell didn't write Uncanny #350, he left after #349. It was a transitional phase, when Seagle and Kelly took over the two core books. I remember an old interview with Lobdell in the very early 2000's where stated that he would never had ended the Gambit/Antarctica arc that way. I don't know the full story, but there was some strange politics going on at the X-Office at the time, which led to how the arc ended that way.
    Ah, well then I'm happy for Lobdell =)