Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Interesting that it influenced her so much. I cant remember if any other absorption had such a profound affect on her actions. Except maybe Carol but that was an exception circumstance based on how much she took in

Wonder what it says about their connection or just how much he must hate himself.
    When she kissed him for the first time?
    She thought that she is him right?

but to be honest Rogue didn't used her powers sucesfully in early / mid 90s even once. She kissed Magneto and did nothing to him. She touched this strange rubber mutant to suffer. She touched Gambit 2 times and both times she was affected strongly.

remydat :
    No the point that matters is the fact they were alone so Rogue shouldn't know.
    Rogue should know because she absorbed powers of all Avengers and Xmen during Uncanny Avengers vol 1. She lost control then.
    She was hearing their voices which means that she absorbed not only powers but also psyche of all these characters.

Already addressed Xelossik. If Rogue knows then she should know about Lili Penrose and the alleged sex tape. I think your boyfriend potentially sleeping with someone is a bigger deal than him kissing Storm same time you were kissing Bishop. So it doesn't make sense. She either shouldn't know or if she does she should be more concerned about Lili IMO. Either way, I have no desire to debate it for pages and pages. You are free to feel differently as it really isn't a big deal and doesn't impact whether someone should pick it up. Just something I noticed.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Not really because it was a retcon and never the original intent and it only explains why Rogue would leave him but not why all the other X-men would abandon him as well. It was a hamfisted way to stop the heat that was on Rogue at the time but doesn't quite fit with the story as whole.
    I have ran it in my head several times of how things went down in Antarctica. rogue left him there, got on a plane with some of the xmen and took off. it made sense even if one can argue it was out of character. I felt when rogue ditched him and got on the plane, the xmen treated gambit as this big elephant in the room no one wanted to discuss. all were shocked and traumatised by the reveal that they just could not bring themselves to talk about him or it, so they just took off and pretended nothing abnormal was going on....abnormal in the sense of leaving on of their own behind to likely die.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post

remydat :

Rogue should know because she absorbed powers of all Avengers and Xmen during Uncanny Avengers vol 1. She lost control then.
    She was hearing their voices which means that she absorbed not only powers but also psyche of all these characters.
    How was Rogue going to separate one psyche from the couple hundred she absorbed? Rogue was freaking out from all the voices in her head and her inability to drive them out. Wanda had to drive them out and only heard Simon's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    How was Rogue going to separate one psyche from the couple hundred she absorbed? Rogue was freaking out from all the voices in her head and her inability to drive them out. Wanda had to drive them out and only heard Simon's.
    Memories stay with her forever? and You know... earlier(when she absorbed half of them) she had less powers and it was easier to do something like this

or do You prefer version that Rogue cheated Gambit in his solo story and copied his memories when she borrowed his powers?

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    I have ran it in my head several times of how things went down in Antarctica. rogue left him there, got on a plane with some of the xmen and took off. it made sense even if one can argue it was out of character. I felt when rogue ditched him and got on the plane, the xmen treated gambit as this big elephant in the room no one wanted to discuss. all were shocked and traumatised by the reveal that they just could not bring themselves to talk about him or it, so they just took off and pretended nothing abnormal was going on....abnormal in the sense of leaving on of their own behind to likely die.
    So you think the X-men are callous enough to leave a teammate to die just because his girlfriend left him? Sorry bro, that is a terrible rationalization. These guys fight super villains and deal with all sorts of traumatic events. If they really were capable of doing what you just said then they wouldn't be heroes.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

BANNED

I see Storm again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    So you think the X-men are callous enough to leave a teammate to die just because his girlfriend left him? Sorry bro, that is a terrible rationalization. These guys fight super villains and deal with all sorts of traumatic events. If they really were capable of doing what you just said then they wouldn't be heroes.
    I won't call it callous. I prefer the term: complicated. its not like xmen stories ever had a true sense of right and wrong and good or evil. the lines have been very blurred before and still are. Would you say Cyclops was callous for the leadership tactics he took during second coming? how many quit the team after that or wanted to quit? Nightcralwer, Storm, Beast.

it was never out of character they left Gambit there giving the circumstances. x-men fight super villains and deal with all sorts of traumatic events but Gambit was way too personal. irrational actions and reactions to his crimes at first instinct was never going to be perfect. It was good he was left there since it gave both him and rogue a chance to grow as characters and made their relationship far more complicated in a good way.

X-Men leaving Gambit in Antrctica are completely out of character for them. Left someone to die for his past things is not right. Gambit was X-Man for a long time till Antarctica and was fighing with them b2b and saving their lives.
    Rogue was influenced by Gambit's selfhate. Others not. It is a shame for evey X-Man who abandoned him.

BANNED

It was better Rogue left him than Warren..he probably would of killed him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Or Beast with his gasp shock look of asking Gambit how he managed to work for Sinister and not tell them.

I completely agree. Leaving Remy to die in Antarctica was definitely ooc for Rogue AND the rest of the X-Men. It was overall bad writing and bad decisions. Having Rogue leave him there makes her look like a hypocrite, considering her lawless past as well. And the X-Men has taken so many 'former bad guys' under their wing, why is it okay for them to leave Remy behind? And I hate the whole 'Oh, Remy is Rogue's boyfriend, let her deal with him.' They're supposed to be a unit, how any one of them can accept having him left behind is beyond me. I suppose coming up with the whole Rogue being overwhelmed by Remy's self-loathe and having her return to Antartica a couple of times to search for him make up a little for the ooc-ness, but what about the rest of them? Overall, the whole story is awful.

This is one of the reasons why i HATE the Rogue/Magneto relationship (other than the whole disgusting age gap). I don't know how anyone in the right mind can pair Rogue up with Magneto after the psychological trauma he put her and Remy through as Erik The Red. And having her run into his arms in Legacy makes her even more of a hypocrite, considering how she had no qualms about being with a man who has WILLINGLY tried to commit genocide many times, but gave Remy so much **** about his past (him UNKNOWINGLY gathering members for the massacre which he TRIED TO STOP when he knew what was about to happen). I know Kelly Thompson said that the Magneto thing will probably be brought up, so I really hope she addresses this. In my opinion, it's one of the biggest downfalls of their relationship. It'll be interesting to see how she tackles this, if she does.
    Last edited by rogueisbae; 02-03-2018 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    I completely agree. Leaving Remy to die in Antarctica was definitely ooc for Rogue AND the rest of the X-Men. It was overall bad writing and bad decisions. Having Rogue leave him there makes her look like a hypocrite, considering her lawless past as well. And the X-Men has taken so many 'former bad guys' under their wing, why is it okay for them to leave Remy behind? And I hate the whole 'Oh, Remy is Rogue's boyfriend, let her deal with him.' They're supposed to be a unit, how any one of them can accept having him left behind is beyond me. I suppose coming up with the whole Rogue being overwhelmed by Remy's self-loathe and having her return to Antartica a couple of times to search for him make up a little for the ooc-ness, but what about the rest of them? Overall, the whole story is awful.

This is one of the reasons why i HATE the Rogue/Magneto relationship (other than the whole disgusting age gap). I don't know how anyone in the right mind can pair Rogue up with Magneto after the psychological trauma he put her and Remy through as Erik The Red. And having her run into his arms in Legacy makes her even more of a hypocrite, considering how she had no qualms about being with a man who has WILLINGLY tried to commit genocide many times, but gave Remy so much **** about his past (him UNKNOWINGLY gathering members for the massacre which he TRIED TO STOP when he knew what was about to happen). I know Kelly Thompson said that the Magneto thing will probably be brought up, so I really hope she addresses this. In my opinion, it's one of the biggest downfalls of their relationship. It'll be interesting to see how she tackles this, if she does.
    Look, Miss Thompson has 20 years of bad writing she has to do damage control.UXM#350 was a reflection of Steve Seagle's obvious dislike for Gambit.Both him and Joe Kelly reflected that through their brief run on the X-Books. Mike Carey's having Magneto be Rogue's "rebound guy", I can not explain, especially when she KNEW he was Eric the Red and purposely inflicted emotional and psychological on her. Things will be brought out in the open and Rogue's fears of comment will be dealt with, because it is very obvious that Miss Thompson wants the 2 of them to reconcile. I just hope once things come out in the open, the past garbage that has dumped on their relationship over the last 25 years will stay dead and buried and they can start over again happy together.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Look, Miss Thompson has 20 years of bad writing she has to do damage control.UXM#350 was a reflection of Steve Seagle's obvious dislike for Gambit.Both him and Joe Kelly reflected that through their brief run on the X-Books. Mike Carey's having Magneto be Rogue's "rebound guy", I can not explain, especially when she KNEW he was Eric the Red and purposely inflicted emotional and psychological on her. Things will be brought out in the open and Rogue's fears of comment will be dealt with, because it is very obvious that Miss Thompson wants the 2 of them to reconcile. I just hope once things come out in the open, the past garbage that has dumped on their relationship over the last 25 years will stay dead and buried and they can start over again happy together.
    Exactly. And based on her answers on Tumblr, it’s safe to say that they are getting back together (let’s be real, that’s not surprising at all). It’s just a matter of HOW she intends to deal with the years of baggage (courtesy of bad writing). Wouldn’t mind the book closing along the lines of this:

A7A2461D-88CE-489A-BFC5-ED0B9E04DF45.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    LOL, Warren with his bird wings?) So ridiculous, Angel is not even a danger.
    Remy would faster die from laugh.