I don't remember much about it, since I only glanced at a few pages, but from what I recall, some villain had managed to completely defeat the Justice League. I thought it was a Solomon Grundy flowers for algernon type deal, but I'm probably mistaken. I think Superman got up from a pile of bodies to fight back and got beat back down/killed immediately. Also, Flash was trying to run somewhere, and while he was running, he noticed the villain had taken away the protection the Speed Force provided against dust and dirt and such while running at super speeds, and it caused a lot of damage to him. i specifically remember his face getting really messed up from all the tiny debris and such. I think the comic actually ended with the League still defeated, and it might have been a what if/elseworld type of thing. I've looked on google a few times, and Justice League of America(2006) #5 is close, but doesn't have either scene that I remember.

Also, there is a Superman comic that I also remember. Clark Kent was flying somewhere on a plane, reading a book. Every couple periods in the book had an encyclopedia or something in em, and CK was memorizing them. He eventually snuck off the plane fight some creature that was vulnerable to sound waves, and he whistled at it in various frequencies to beat it. He might have went back in the plane afterwards.

I remember seeing these in the early 2000's, but other than that I have no idea when they were released.