Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Default End of Rebirth in May 2018 still happening (Kinda)despite Doomsday Clock delays?

When Rebirth was announced originally back in 2016 it was told to us that the whole rebirth story line would be two years long and conclude in May 2018.
    But with the coming of the Doomsday clock series and it being 12 issues long and ending the Rebirth mystery the ending was pushed further ahead. And further still with the announcement that it would come out bi monthly meaning Rebirth would actually end somewhere in the summer of 2019.
    So the planned ending originally of Rebirth in May 2018 was scrapped.

But maybe not entirely.

With all of these big announcements for big changes with DC this last week and the Flash annual coming out yesterday it got me thinking that maybe they are still using these planned new beginnings and changes that were supposed to be post Rebirth.

The Superman titles are getting a whole new beginning and new #1 in May. The Justice League is also getting a whole new over haul spinning out of No Justice in May as well. With the Martian Manhunter like in pre new 52.

Wally has been stagnant in Titans with Williamson, who writes the Flash, stating he's wanted to include Wally in his book with editorial not letting him. Seemingly holding him in reserve for after Rebirth. But with the prelude to Flash War coming out and Flash War itself coming out in May to shake up the Flash franchise and moving Wally forward it seems like that restriction has been lifted.

I know there are still big players missing like the Green Lantern and Wonder Woman franchises but we still have the rest of the May announcements to come out.

Maybe DC is deciding to go ahead with a lot of their plans post Rebirth despite the official ending being delayed by Doomsday Clock?

Just a theory. Thoughts?

Well, they already stopped using the "Rebirth" banners starting in December 2017 . . .

Extraordinary Member

Good for Wally!!!

Roy and Garth will be fine
    Lilth will be lost to time
    Bumblebee is an obscure blakc female hero so she will show up whenver diversity is needed

So what of Donna, back into limbo?

Flash War seems to be Flash's Superman Reborn, with the knock on effect of restoring the Teen Titans's history as well.

With the news that Superman and Action will be Bendis monthlies, I think we can assume double shipping is done, except for Batman. If Flash goes monthly, they could launch a second title, which would star Wally. The Titans teams will probably get new rosters. And new #1 issues. Same is already confirmed for the Justice League teams. Green Arrow and Nightwing are also changing creative teams. Won't be surprised if there's more we don't yet know.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder if there's any chance July sees all the books jump ahead a year and "catch up" with Doomsday Clock.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Flash War seems to be Flash's Superman Reborn, with the knock on effect of restoring the Teen Titans's history as well.
    I really hope so.

With the news that Superman and Action will be Bendis monthlies, I think we can assume double shipping is done, except for Batman. If Flash goes monthly, they could launch a second title, which would star Wally.
    I love the double shipping. More of my favorite comics has been a dream the last two years.

I really really hope you'r right about a Wally solo. Maybe even with Williamson and Duce. Hey if Bendis can do both Superman titles why can't Willaimson?

The Titans teams will probably get new rosters. And new #1 issues. Same is already confirmed for the Justice League teams. Green Arrow and Nightwing are also changing creative teams. Won't be surprised if there's more we don't yet know.
    Yea there were a couple of other ones that I left out like Nightwing and Green Arrow because there hasn't been enough shake ups in them. But nice catches.

I'm wondering if these changes are just DC rearranging the deck chairs on the sinking H.M.S. "Rebirth" or not . . . I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Good for Wally!!!

Roy and Garth will be fine
    Lilth will be lost to time
    Bumblebee is an obscure black female hero so she will show up whenver diversity is needed

So what of Donna, back into limbo?
    So about 10 year plus of shelf life ...or are we forgetting this is DC here.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

The Superman titles are getting a whole new beginning and new #1 in May. The Justice League is also getting a whole new over haul spinning out of No Justice in May as well. With the Martian Manhunter like in pre new 52.

Wally has been stagnant in Titans with Williamson, who writes the Flash, stating he's wanted to include Wally in his book with editorial not letting him. Seemingly holding him in reserve for after Rebirth. But with the prelude to Flash War coming out and Flash War itself coming out in May to shake up the Flash franchise and moving Wally forward it seems like that restriction has been lifted.
    I have a love/hate relationship going with DC. They continuously snark me off to the max and then try to make up for it by dangling trinkets in front of my face. *sigh*
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I love the double shipping. More of my favorite comics has been a dream the last two years.

I really really hope you'r right about a Wally solo. Maybe even with Williamson and Duce. Hey if Bendis can do both Superman titles why can't Willaimson?
    True. Williamson would want to. He's wanted to include Wally more from the start. If they stop double shipping and use the slot for a second book, they could have separate adventures, then team up every so often. Another major character they could give a solo is Shazam. Movie coming up, makes sense, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman