View Poll Results: Should Michael Bendis write Green Arrow and Aqyaman?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 13.79%
  • No

25 86.21%
  • Don't Know / No Opinion

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Aquaman is a character/universe that needs a strong, focused writer to make it good and interesting. If not, it could be REALLY bad. Bendis' style would not fit Aquaman at all..
    I am agree with this.

No.

Green Arrow is one of my favorites.

Bendis ruined a huge chunk of Marvel.

Hell. No.
    Batman - Daredevil

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I was not aware of how divisive Bendis is until he was announced as coming to DC. I thought it was a huge win for the company and it, commercially, will certainly be a great move. But it is making some fans really get upset.

I am on the pro Bendis side of things so if they put him on Green Arrow, I would love that. It couldn't happen soon enough.
    The current Aquaman is pretty good and I don't see the need for a change. But Bendis, if he did take the book, would make it more about Aquaman and Mera and less of an underwater game of thrones knock off. He would definitely improve it.

I like what Abnett is doing with Aquaman, so no.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

I suspect he won't make Superman sell a lot better. At least not for long. But we'll see.

BANNED

If Bendis wanted to be on Green Arrow and Aquaman, he would be on Green Arrow and Aquaman.

He wanted Superman instead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If Bendis wanted to be on Green Arrow and Aquaman, he would be on Green Arrow and Aquaman.

He wanted Superman instead.
    You're right. But maybe they shouldn't have given him the choice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    You're right. But maybe they shouldn't have given him the choice.
    Then he'd be off doing some stuff for Image instead. He's Bendis. He's not going to write books he doesn't want to write. Certainly not for his opening act at DC He's almost certainly got this locked down in his contract.

And may I point out that Superman is not a character that usually sells particularly well unless some seriously A-list talent is on it?

ETA:
    On the other hand, I can really see Bendis wanting to do something like Renee Montoya as The Question, and DC going "Sure, anything you want, but first you're giving us 12 issues of Batman or Superman or something like that."
    Last edited by Carabas; 02-02-2018 at 12:51 PM.

folks, folks.

this is bendis we're talking about.

he'll get to every character's book eventually.

I honestly fear Bendis writing any character with history. He's great with his original creations but horrible with the continuity and history of other characters.

Please keep Bendis away from Aquaman. Not to mention every other DC comic.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    Please keep Bendis away from Aquaman. Not to mention every other DC comic.
    But Bendis Dialogue would be useful for talking to fish... its about the only thing it CAN be used for

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    I was not aware of how divisive Bendis is until he was announced as coming to DC. I thought it was a huge win for the company and it, commercially, will certainly be a great move. But it is making some fans really get upset.

I am on the pro Bendis side of things so if they put him on Green Arrow, I would love that. It couldn't happen soon enough.
    The current Aquaman is pretty good and I don't see the need for a change. But Bendis, if he did take the book, would make it more about Aquaman and Mera and less of an underwater game of thrones knock off. He would definitely improve it.
    The thing with Bendis is he is a name that gets your book NOTICED and in some cases shelf (mainly trade) space in stores that are not comic book ones.

Same with Reginald Hudlin, Coates, Gabby Rivera and others.

Bendis does nothing in that aspect for Superman because he was already there. Arrow & Aquaman are also there as well.

He would help a Cyborg, Vixen, Lanterns not named Hal Jordan and that lot.

The other thing with Bendis is he can make a story LONGER than is should be. I seen quite a few filler issues in Miles's books.

Abnett has been awesome on Aquaman, the Deepwater arc was an Alien-like tense horror/thriller story, the current Crown of Thorns arc I know some say it has gone on too long but it's fleshed out Atlantis immensely, introducing some great new characters and concepts and has a fantasy/political drama GOT type vibe to it.

Some people just seem to want to see Arthur back with Mera living the lighthouse, we'll get that again but some variety doesn't hurt.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

AQUAMAN has been so strong ever since Johns opening New 52 arc (with the exception of the short run by Bunn). It's my go-to book month in and month out.

Abnett is penning some good comic books and even branching off a solo mini for Mera (her first solo ever).

So, no thanks. AQUAMAN is a niche title, it's never going to sell like BATMAN. It's better to just cultivate a loyal, regular readership.