View Poll Results: Should Michael Bendis write Green Arrow and Aqyaman?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 13.79%
  • No

25 86.21%
  • Don't Know / No Opinion

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    But Bendis Dialogue would be useful for talking to fish... its about the only thing it CAN be used for
    I will say this: Bendis scripts / dialogue are usually more coherent / make more sense than the same thing from Benjamin Percy.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Seeing as how I'm not happy with Bendis on both Action AND Superman I voted no. Aquaman is fine as it is and though Green Arrow might be in his wheelhouse I just don't trust him even with stuff that is.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I will say this: Bendis scripts / dialogue are usually more coherent / make more sense than the same thing from Benjamin Percy.
    Are we talking 10 Years ago Bendis or Current Bendis who wrote Civil War 2.

Also: even more of a Dark Horse that may seem like a good Bendis book idea: The Question. Or call it 'Questions' and include both Sage ans Montoya working together

I'd say Percy's work in the last few years with Rebirth has been a little more solid or consistent then Bendis on some on his non street-level books.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd say Percy's work in the last few years with Rebirth has been a little more solid or consistent then Bendis on some on his non street-level books.
    Well, I will confess that it's been several years since I read anything current by Bendis, but I struggle to think he could be worse than Percy was on Green Arrow prior to the start of Rebirth and then during the start of Rebirth.

Well, I will confess that it's been several years since I read anything current by Bendis, but I struggle to think he could be worse than Percy was on Green Arrow prior to the start of Rebirth and then during the start of Rebirth.
    You'd be surprised .

BANNED

I wonder whether Bendis is going to bring an approach to DC that failed at Marvel, and that Marvel has backed away from.

https://www.cbr.com/bendis-dc-superman-jewish-roots/

Just came in to say the thread name is great.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    But Bendis Dialogue would be useful for talking to fish... its about the only thing it CAN be used for
    Telapathic Bendisspeak. That must really be mind blowing (take that as you wish).

Peace

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I honestly fear Bendis writing any character with history. He's great with his original creations but horrible with the continuity and history of other characters.
    On the other hand, the history of the DCU is such a mess right now, he could hardly make it worse.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Not sure if Bendis is the right fit for Aquaman but I do think Aquaman needs a writer who can revitalize the sales and create memorable runs for throughout ages. He needs a Waid/Flash, Pak/Hulk, Miller/Batman type writer. Closes he's ever come to that might be Johns and PAD but they didn't stay long enough to cement it.

There's an idea right there though. DC should see if PAD would be interested in writing Aquaman again. They get Wolfeman every once in awhile for Cyborg so I don't see it out of the realm of possibility.

Invincible Member

I think he could actually do a good job on Green Arrow. Aquaman would not be a good fit for him.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

No, and I wouldn't want to see him on it either.
    Aquaman is one of my favourite books right now. I would rather DC just leave things be and let Abnett do his thing.

Now a Brian Bendis Green Arrow title would be worth a look!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Not sure if Bendis is the right fit for Aquaman but I do think Aquaman needs a writer who can revitalize the sales and create memorable runs for throughout ages. He needs a Waid/Flash, Pak/Hulk, Miller/Batman type writer. Closes he's ever come to that might be Johns and PAD but they didn't stay long enough to cement it.

There's an idea right there though. DC should see if PAD would be interested in writing Aquaman again. They get Wolfeman every once in awhile for Cyborg so I don't see it out of the realm of possibility.
    I would love to see Peter David back writing Aquaman. I don't know if he'd much to say with the character though. He did a pretty amazing job first time round.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Fantastic Member

Don't know about Bendis but want to ask can Aquaman get the 'bends.' Sport bad pun' but couldn't't help myself.