Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I enjoyed Geoff Johns Avengers run. I think that he understood the team and that there is a difference between a professional organization like that and a family like the Fantastic Four or a minority group such as the X-Men.

BANNED

Both can stay far away and keep churning out their hack tales at DC

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didio is DC's Quesada.

False, Didio hates female and poc characters not created during the silver age which is the opposite of Joe Q among other differences
    Last edited by Smoov-E; 02-02-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Johns was already at Marvel in the early 2000's and actually did a decent run on the Avengers. "Red Zone" is one of my favorite modern stories.

I'm not sure what I would want Snyder to write at Marvel...Ghost Rider? Moon Knight? Seeker 3000?
    I think he would do very interesting runs on the Avengers Trinity (Cap, Thor, and Iron Man).
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    False, Didio hates female and poc characters not created during the silver age which is the opposite of Joe Q among other differences
    I never said they were one-to-one exactly alike. I even said Snyder is currently DC's Bendis but between the two their writing styles couldn't be more different.

Both Didio and Quesada are/were major figures in their respective companies and have implemented major creative decisions and status quo shifts that have dramatically changed certain properties (for better or worse depending on who you ask).

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Johns was already at Marvel in the early 2000's and actually did a decent run on the Avengers. "Red Zone" is one of my favorite modern stories.

I'm not sure what I would want Snyder to write at Marvel...Ghost Rider? Moon Knight? Seeker 3000?
    Same here. LOVED Red Zone. I enjoyed John's run on Avengers. I have it in HC. I read an interview were he said in a notebook were he writes his ideas up that he had planned a 50 issue run of Iron Man if he ever had the chance to write him.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Didn't Didio step down/got fired....or am I thinking of something else?
    I think you have Berganza in mind.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think you have Berganza in mind.
    Was about to say that haha
    Any news on Berganza's status after being fired?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Was about to say that haha
    Any news on Berganza's status after being fired?
    Same news as Alonso. But it is most probably than Alonso resurfaces somewhere in the future.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Both can stay far away and keep churning out their hack tales at DC ?

Plus Marvel is still trying to figure on what to do with there surplus
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 02-03-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Bite Your Head Off, Man Deathscythe's Avatar

They can have Snyder, but they probably don't want him since they already have a Dan Slott.

Johns, meanwhile, has no interest in Marvel. He's always been a DC boy through and through.

They can keep Johns please and thank you. Snyder on the other hand....
    lol. I'd be gald if Snyder leaves DC ! What he does on Batman is awfull.
    Johns on the other hand as done some awsome stuff with Green Lantern, Superman and Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathscythe View Post
    They can have Snyder, but they probably don't want him since they already have a Dan Slott.

Johns, meanwhile, has no interest in Marvel. He's always been a DC boy through and through.
    Johns has been at marvel ! Mainly on The Avengers.

Extraordinary Member

Didn't Didio step down/got fired....or am I thinking of something else?
    You're thinking of Berganza.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Both can stay far away and keep churning out their hack tales at DC
    I mean, Doomsday Clock is one of the best things I've read in a while.

As for the main topic, Johns isn't leaving DC unless they fire him first. And, as others have pointed out, he already did have a well-received run on the Avengers. Snyder has also been at Marvel before. I remember him writing Iron Man Noir. Plus, given the star treatment he's getting at DC, I doubt he'll leave soon. Plus, isn't he signed on as DC exclusive?

Would I want them to leave DC? I would probably want Snyder to leave before Johns. His Batman run started off well, when he stuck to street-level detective stories, but then he started falling into the Batgod concept hard and its been difficult for me to really take his seriously lately.

However, what would I want them to write if they were at Marvel? Uh, for Johns, I'd see him on Fantastic Four or Captain Marvel. For Snyder, probably Daredevil or the Hulk.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-04-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Johns' run on the Avengers did have its share of critics. I seem to recall him saying at one point (possibly after he left) that he could have done a better job researching Avengers continuity, and that the last stretch of Avengers stories he'd really kept up with had been Roger Stern's term in the '80's. And his attempt to revamp She-Hulk into even more of a female version of her cousin (transforming her from 24/7 gamma-powered She-Hulk to mainly a normal human Jen Walters who changed into a rampaging She-Hulk only when she felt extreme fear) does seem, in retrospect, like a precursor to his efforts at DC to revamp the likes of Cyborg, Superboy, and Hal Jordan (all pre-Flashpoint, of course).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I mean, Doomsday Clock is one of the best things I've read in a while.

You need to broaden your horizons then

Mark Millar is wrong.

Here's the thing: He thinks Marvel should pay Snyder and Johns to not write for DC, basically. The "logic," such as it is, is that DC won't do as well without those two. Let's set aside whether or not that part's true; Millar seems to believe it's the case, so let's consider this from his perspective.

But where Millar's absolutely wrong is in believing that a weak DC is good for Marvel. It's not. Marvel and DC are rivals, yes, but it's a rivalry that benefits them both. They, and the comic industry as a whole, are better when they're both doing well.

Regardless of one's personal opinions on Johns and Snyder, Marvel should want DC to do well.