Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool 150 Movies Watched in 2018!

This thread was Inspired by "1000 Books Read in a Year" by Balakin.

In The Comic Book Thread we where given the challenge of reading 1000 or more comics in that year and listing what you read that year, with updates on your lists completion so far, etc.

It is pretty much the same idea here, just with Movies for those that are interested in it.

I did this Challenge back in 2017 with 100 Movies but Now I wanted to Up it cause of poster requests to make it higher, so I choose 150!

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post2513620

I also wanted to try this on the CBR Community Board Forums since we have allot of these Various Contests and votes here, so I feel it hits the whole of the CBR community best here.

So the Challenge is to Watch 150 Movies in 2018 in the Time-Frame that will be Noted Below!

The Rules;

1.) It can be Any Movie so long as it fits that is is considered a movie, Length of a Movie usually is at least around an hour or more.

2.) Their are Unique exceptions like Anime Movies, some of them can be shorter the an hour, but if they hit around 30 mins or more that might be ok, I will let you be the judge of that.

3.) Also shows that feature movies Like Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes I will count since those mostly full length movies.

4.) Try to watch the movie on a Legal~Formats, try to avoid free online that is not legal or pirated or any other format like that.

5.) You can give us to the format you watch the movie on if you like as well on you listings. It is Encouraged also to Post your lists of what you have watch so far ever now and again if you feel like.

6.) It is NOT~150-DIFFERENT Movies either ~~~ If you decide to Watch the same movie several times then that counts as well, number of times you seen a movie counts to the overall total. So if you seen the same movie 3x's during the challenge time period, then that is 3 to your total.

7.) You can go OVER 150 if you like, its 150 at minimum or more to complete the challenge

8.) You have to see the majority length of the movie you are watching. Mostly around 90% of it, I count off 10% for times like when we are in theaters and have to take bathroom breaks or step out for a moment, things like that are ok.

9.) If Anyone has any concerns or questions about the rules or things that should be added that will be ok, just make a post and I will go over it, I will edit as we go along.

10.) MOST IMPORTANT;

The Contest Opened on February 2nd 2018, but I am Allowing a grace period Since I started this LATER in 2018 to Both Posters that Already Started Lists so they count and giving Extra Time to New Posters Wanting to Join the Challenge, but need time to get Going, So here are the Time-periods the Contest is Happening;

I Opened the Contest on February 2nd, But it Will Not Be concluded for the 2018 Year Until the end of February 28TH of 2019!

This Gives Fans just going time to Start.

If you HAVE~A~LIST~GOING~ALREADY~SINCE~THE~START~OF~2018, YOU CAN INCLUDE that since it Falls within the 2018 Year, so LIST Started as of January 1st of 2018 Count to Honor the Year.

ALL FANS Have Until February 28TH of 2019 To Complete the Challenge to Give Time to Discover the Challenge and to be given a change to reach the Goal!

IF This is Successful Threw out most of 2018, I will Make a 2019 Challenge as well, but that will be More Discussed later on in the Year and how the Rules of that will Go.

Again I am Sorry to get this Going so Late, but I wanted to get it going again for 2018 like I did for 2017 and Not Miss out on a Year, so I apologize for any confusion in Time, I will be trying to make it far for All Posters that Take-Up the Challenge to Have a Far Go at it in such a unique starting time. =)

11.) The Contest will NOT~Officially end after February 28th 2019!

12.) Final Rule ~~~ This is for Fun and if you have any questions or concerns just let me know. Also, Keep us all posted on your progress and what you have watch.

Remember Have Fun, Lets Get this Going & Have a Great 2018!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 02-03-2018 at 05:47 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Cool Thread! I noticed the other one '100 films' last year. But i was a bit too late to participate. I joined CBR in August. And noticed that thread in sometime around November. In retrospect it might have been good anyway. Victory is in participation and enjoying the ride. (Unless one can't participate later. Can they?)

150 looks stiff. I may still complete it looking at my pace in January.

So,

1. Godfather: Great film to begin this contest. Just as i started with one on new year. It was my second time and i loved it even more. I posted something like this in another thread Last film you watched: Its full of great scenes which keep coming and coming and coming. A three hour runtime ain't nothin' when somethin' is this good. Its a marvelous film.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-03-2018 at 10:53 AM.

I had prepared this list for films watched in January. But the challenge begins from Feb 2nd.

So, i am posting the list even if they don't count. To remind me how much i can do when i am in form, to encourage me during a lean patch. And admittedly a bit to show off. I watched some of them for the first time. And others were re-watched.

Lawrence of Arabia (1st Jan. Yay!)
    Hail Caeasar!
    Logan
    Nightcrawler
    Baby Driver
    Star Wars The Force Awakens
    2001: A Space Odyessy
    Dr. Strangelove
    The Shining
    A Clockwork Orange
    Wind River
    Taxi Driver(Twice)
    Girls Trip

I hope no one else minds.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-03-2018 at 11:04 AM.

In January i watched 4 films, 3 on a teathre and 1 on Dvd

Hostiles
    Darkest hour
    The post

And lastly bone tomahawk.

Shouldn't this be in the Film/TV forum?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the Film/TV forum?
    As with the link the 1st one I did back in 2017 was in the Film/TV forum.

But back then as well as over 2017 till now I debated that this contest could either go in the Film/TV forum or Community Forum easy. I choose Community Forum this time in 2018 to Go with my other opinion I had my 1st time around, also cause the Community forum has a Wide Variety of these Unique Threads both News and Contest Variety and it gives a chance for Posters who don't visit the the Film/TV forum that often to see this contest and Get a Chance at it as well.

I hope it goes Well in the Community forum, but so far it has been a Nice Choose to give this forum a chance as well, it fits well.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

I'll be watching most of my movies on FilmStruck, which is like Netflix for classic/foreign/art-house movies. This is what I've seen so far this year:

1. Dragon Inn
    2. Nosferatu the Vampyre
    3. Eyes Without a Face
    4. Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters
    5. Bright
    6. Samurai Rebellion
    7. Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence
    8. The Human Condition I
    9. The Human Condition II
    10. The Human Condition III

I'll update every 10 movies.

Edit: Or do these not count since I watched them before February 2?
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 02-03-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I had prepared this list for films watched in January. But the challenge begins from Feb 2nd.

So, i am posting the list even if they don't count. To remind me how much i can do when i am in form, to encourage me during a lean patch. And admittedly a bit to show off. I watched some of them for the first time. And others were re-watched.

Lawrence of Arabia (1st Jan. Yay!)
    Hail Caeasar!
    Logan
    Nightcrawler
    Baby Driver
    Star Wars The Force Awakens
    2001: A Space Odyessy
    Dr. Strangelove
    The Shining
    A Clockwork Orange
    Wind River
    Taxi Driver(Twice)
    Girls Trip

I hope no one else minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I'll be watching most of my movies on FilmStruck, which is like Netflix for classic/foreign/art-house movies. This is what I've seen so far this year:

1. Dragon Inn
    2. Nosferatu the Vampyre
    3. Eyes Without a Face
    4. Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters
    5. Bright
    6. Samurai Rebellion
    7. Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence
    8. The Human Condition I
    9. The Human Condition II
    10. The Human Condition III

I'll update every 10 movies.

Edit: Or do these not count since I watched them before February 2?
    I have been Considering this as a situation that could come up when I started the Challenge and I said that the Rules will Change early on if I felt they where justified.

So Indeed Since this is a 2018 Film Challenge I feel it is only Fair it Includes ALL you did in 2018 so far, but also I want to give a Chance to Posters that need time to get started.

So here are the TIME-PERIODS Going Forward to Try to give Everyone who started early fairness in the list they started and New Posters Joining to get some time started.

I Apologize for the Confusion, that is My Fault for starting later in the Year to get this Challenge Going.

The RULES Will be CHANGED AND REFLECTED in the OPENING POST.

The Contest Opened on February 2nd 2018, but I am Allowing a grace period Since I started this LATER in 2018 to Both Posters that Already Started Lists so they count and giving Extra Time to New Posters Wanting to Join the Challenge, but need time to get Going, So here are the Time-periods the Contest is Happening;

I Opened the Contest on February 2nd, But it Will Not Be concluded for the 2018 Year Until the end of February 28TH of 2019!

This Gives Fans just going time to Start.

If you HAVE~A~LIST~GOING~ALREADY~SINCE~THE~START~OF~2018, YOU CAN INCLUDE that since it Falls within the 2018 Year, so LIST Started as of January 1st of 2018 Count to Honor the Year.

ALL FANS Have Until February 28TH of 2019 To Complete the Challenge to Give Time to Discover the Challenge and to be given a change to reach the Goal!

IF This is Successful Threw out most of 2018, I will Make a 2019 Challenge as well, but that will be More Discussed later on in the Year and how the Rules of that will Go.

Again I am Sorry to get this Going so Late, but I wanted to get it going again for 2018 like I did for 2017 and Not Miss out on a Year, so I apologize for any confusion in Time, I will be trying to make it far for All Posters that Take-Up the Challenge to Have a Far Go at it in such a unique starting time.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 02-03-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Starting from 2nd February (to save me remembering what I watched in January):

1) Bring Me the Head of the Machine Woman
    2) Den of Thieves
    3) The Woman in Green
    4) Prom Night (1980)
    5) Terror by Night
    6) Molly's Game
    7) King of the Zombies
    8) Tamara
    9) Coco
    10) Justice League Dark
    11) Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon
    12) Dressed to Kill (1946)
    13) Red Hill
    14) Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri
    15) Diamonds on Wheels
    16) BloodRayne: Deliverance
    17) The Shape of Water
    18) Circus of Fear
    19) Knife for the Ladies
    20) The Unknown
    21) Lady Frankenstein
    22) Final Justice
    23) The Triumph of Sherlock Holmes
    24) Sisters of Death
    25) And Then There Were None (1945)
    26) The Monster Maker
    27) Triple 9
    28) Trick 'r Treat
    29) The Crimson Cult
    30) Frankenstein 1970
    31) The Terror
    32) Big **** Zombie
    33) House on Haunted Hill (1959)
    34) Murder at the Baskervilles
    35) Theatre of Blood
    36) The Bat
    37) Krampus
    38) The Death of Stalin
    39) XX
    40) The War Wagon
    41) Night of the Living Dead (1968)
    42) The Tournament (2009)
    42) Forty Guns
    43) My Bloody Valentine (2009)
    44) The Sign of Four: Sherlock Holmes' Greatest Case
    45) House of Wax (2005)
    46) Sunset (1988)
    47) Bad Neighbors
    48) Sherlock Gnomes
    49) Spring Breakers
    50) Scarecrow Slayer
    51) Siren (2010)
    52) Dark Night of the Scarecrow
    53) Rango
    54) Beyond Sherwood Forest
    55) The Man from Kangaroo
    56) Valentine
    57) The Windmill Massacre
    58) Crooked House
    59) The House That Dripped Blood
    60) Lemon Tree Passage
    61) Life Blood
    62) Drive Angry
    63) Bone Tomahawk
    64) Tower Heist
    65) Happy Birthday to Me
    66) The Cannonball Run
    67) The Abominable Dr. Phibes
    68) Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    69) All Cheerleaders Die
    70) The Revengers
    71) Cat's Eye
    72) The Speckled Band
    73) A Study in Scarlet
    74) Ocean's 8
    75) Mystery of the Wax Museum
    76) Bank Shot
    77) Parker
    78) April Fool's Day
    79) The Hot Rock
    80) Prom Night (2008)
    81) The Town
    82) Guys and Dolls
    83) Incredibles 2
    84) Pickup on South Street
    85) The Lavender Hill Mob
    86) Batman: The Mystery of the Batwoman
    87) Smokin' Aces
    88) Johnny Reno
    89) Fair Game (1986)
    90) What's the Worst That Could Happen?
    91) Sorority Row
    92) Scarecrows
    93) D-Tox
    94) Rancho Notorious
    95) Alice in Murderland
    98) The Catcher
    99) The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men
    100) Ten Little Indians (1987)
    101) Circus
    102) The Hound of the Baskervilles (1959)
    103) The Ladykillers (1955)
    104) The Hole (2001)
    105) The Ribald Tales of Robin Hood
    106) A Gunfight
    107) Bad Kids Go to Hell
    108) Reform School Girls
    109) Unfriended
    110) Tumbleweed
    111) The Predator
    112) The Most Dangerous Game
    113) The Final
    114) Die Hard
    115) Darkman
    116) American Animals
    117) Death Sentence
    118) Seven Ways from Sundown
    119) Bad Times at the El Royale
    120) A Study in Terror
    121) Dead Again in Tombstone
    122) The Criminal
    123) King of Thieves
    124) Ratter
    125) Mystery Road
    126) Goldstone
    127) The Brides of Fu Manchu
    128) High Plains Invaders
    129) Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
    130) Batman Ninja
    131) Cool World
    132) Sherlock Holmes and the Deadly Necklace
    133) Snatch
    134) Batman & Bill
    135) Holmes & Watson
    136) The Girl in Lovers Lane
    137) Scooby-Doo and Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    138) The Crucifer of Blood
    139) Colette
    140) The Phantom of Crestwood
    141) Violent Saturday
    142) Ralph Breaks the Internet
    143) The Hollow
    144) Rhymes for Young Ghouls
    145) How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
    146) The Babadook
    147) Whiteout
    148) Mary Poppins Returns
    149) The Quick and the Dead
    150) Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    Last edited by foxley; 01-25-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Thanks CJStriker!

I felt just a bit disappointed because January won't count. Not counting that would have been fine for me. But its definitely better. I want to look back at this year as the year i watched a lot of films. And a challenge is great to push me.

So, i am updating my list since January.

1.Lawrence of Arabia
    2.Hail Caeasar!
    3.Logan
    4.Nightcrawler
    5.Baby Driver
    6.Star Wars The Force Awakens
    7.2001: A Space Odyessy
    8.Dr. Strangelove
    9.The Shining
    10.A Clockwork Orange
    11.Wind River
    12.Taxi Driver
    13.Taxi Driver
    14.Girls Trip
    15.Godfather

Might as well write something about my experience with each film.

1. Lawrence of Arabia (1962):
    I watched it for the first time since I wanted to start the year with a bang. And it blew me away. This film is amazing. A true epic. Three and a half hours of awesomeness. I would recommend it to anyone. If anyone has a holiday or in a weekend, when one can take one's time off treat yourself to this masterpiece.

2. Hail Caesar! (2016): I wanted to see it just to take a note of Alden Ehrenreich. He is going to be Han Solo. He was pretty good in this film. The film was good. I liked it. Its set in 1950s when during the production of an epic film the lead actor is kidnapped. Its cast is studded with wonderful actors. Pretty enjoyable.

3. Logan (2017): Watched it for the second time and i loved it. First time i liked it but did not love it that much. But the second time when i had already known how it is going i could notice the layers and themes. Beautiful film. Fantastic performances. I adore it.

4. Nightcrawler (2014): Its funny how i check out films to notice certain actors in upcoming films i have interest in. This time Jake Gyllenhaal. I haven't watched a lot of his films. I had heard a lot of praise about this film and his performance. So, i checked it out. Jake was really good in this film. I found it okay. Perhaps its bleak content turned me off. Its a good film. But i did not enjoy it as much as i hoped. Not a disappointment for me. But not a special one either.

5. Baby Driver (2017): The film was great. Edgar Wright did it again. It was consistently entertaining. It was also funny and having lots of heart. Far more then i expected a heist film could be. Musical heist movie! How does Wright get these kinds of ideas? Had a really good time watching it. Its story is a bit cliched but the brilliance is in its execution.

6. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015): Having engaged in long discussions on The Last Jedi where Force Awakens came up quite frequently i figured i just might watch this one again. I must admit that i did not enjoy it as much as the earlier viewings. It is pretty good. And i like it very much. But i guess the special feeling is wearing off after watching an enjoyable Star Wars film since ages. Its not special. But its a solid entertainer nonetheless.

7.2001: A Space Odyessy (1968): Watched it for the second time. And what a film it is! It is an exceptional film. Almost hypnotic. If people can spare that kind of patience it is immensely rewarding. As of now its my favorite Sci-fi movie of all time. Majestic. Powerful. And almost otherworldly, Kubrick attempted to look at the history of humankind as well as the future. If anyone says its pretentious i can't find fault in their comments. I can't imagine anyone trying something as brave as this. The only way to know it is by experiencing it. From someone who couldn't watch the film completely in three attempts. Prehistoric apes fighting, space shuttles flying to classical music. Its shot almost like a documentary with some classical music thrown in. I won't be surprised if someone says its a cure for insomnia. But once seen its an immensely rich experience. Even for someone who likes action films and particularly superhero films.

8.Dr. Strangelove (1964): Of all Kubrick films i have watched till now this one clicked with me instantly. This was perhaps my third or fourth viewing. Lost my count. Its brilliant. Funny. And entertaining. A black and white film which feels fresh today as it would have felt 50 years ago. After all nuclear bombs have gone nowhere.

9. The Shining (1980): This was the second time i watched it. I liked it in my first viewing. But i was disappointed that it wasn't scary enough. For a film which is considered among the greatest horrors ever it was disappointing. But just like about any Kubrick film i have watched the second time was a great experience. Its not so much about scares, which it has a fair share. Its more about the atmosphere. The feeling of dread which pervades the film. Thus, when scares hit they are more then cheap jump scares.

10. A Clockwork Orange (1971): Finally got around to watch the film. Its brilliant. I liked it well enough. But the more i think or read about it i can see the genius of Kubrick. That man's work is phenomenal. Its not for everyone. It can offend. But like most of his films there are layers and questions. Even if violent and provocative it does not intend to be exploitative. And the use of classical music in film can be brilliant. Music both original and classical is great.

11. Wind River (2017): After the highs of Kubrick it feels like a down when its in this post following so many all time great films. But it was a wonderful film. A girl is murdered in a natural reservation. To solve it you have a hunter working with FBI. Its a really good film. There are some really beautiful scenes. Its among my top ten films of last year. Of those i have watched till now.

12 & 13. Taxi Driver (1976): I remember watching it for the first time last year. I liked it. But it did not feel like a great film to me. Watched it again. And say what i like it more and more. It is brilliant. Amazing performances. Its remarkable how re-watchable it is. I love it. I could not help but watch it yet again.

14. Girls Trip (2017): I love it. I really love it. Its really entertaining. Outrageously funny with lots of heart. One of the best comedies of last few years. I had a wonderful time with it.

15. Godfather (1972): A truly great film. Re-watched it. Loved it. A hallmark of a great film is in how well it holds up decades later. And it holds up really well so much so that it feels odd to say hold up with age or Godfather in the same film. Its crazy how brilliant it is.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-12-2018 at 10:54 PM.

1. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri - Loved it. It made it into my top ten movies of 2017. I'm a big fan of small towns and the weird stuff that happens in that and this scratched that itch, but was so much more than I expected.

2. Wind River - Also made my top ten list. Really strong sense of place and great performances by Olsen and Renner.

3. It - Watched it again after really loving it in theaters. It held up fair enough, but a lot of my issues with it remained and some increased with a second viewing.

4. The Social Network - First watch. I remember being so against the concept of his movie when it came out. That was the angsty college student in me. This was truly rewarding film with a great script and great characters. I was wrong.

5. Whiplash - Loved it and looking back at the movies from that year, this probably would have been my number one. I know a lot of jazz musicians from school and this does a great job getting into the heads of what that lifestyle is like. I mean the dialed it up to 11, but the truth was there. One of the tensest movies that didn't involve an action sequence that I've seen in a while.

6. Ingrid Goes West - This movie really wasn't on my radar initially despite being a huge fan of both Aubrey Plaza and Elizabeth Olsen, but Dan Murell from Screen Junkies kept talking it up, so I gave it a shot. I liked it, but I would have done some things differently. I was way more interested in Olsen's character and I don't think they quite developed her enough.

7. Dunkirk. Missed this one last year. I liked it and it's truly an achievement in film making. And as someone who hates war movies, which usually just end up being jingoistic propaganda, it was refreshing to see a film where they portray war closer to the truth. Still, I think Nolan sacrificed a little bit for the sake of dialing up the realism. One of the things I look for in a movie is to feel something, and this one I was more marveling at the spectacle of it all.

8. Iron Man - My fiance and I are going through the MCU movies in preparation for Infinity War in May. Not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said. Still one of the best Marvel movies all these years later. The starting point for easily the best defined character in the MCU and sparked a multi billion dollar formula.

9. Justice League - I wouldn't call it a good movie, but I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. There were A LOT of problems, but pretty much any blockbuster has issues. It was a pretty fun time at the movies, so there's that.
    Last edited by C_Miller; 02-06-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Thanks CJStriker!

I felt just a bit disappointed because January won't count. Not counting that would have been fine for me. But its definitely better. I want to look back at this year as the year i watched a lot of films. And a challenge is great to push me.
    Glad that made you Happy Soubhagya and Thanks to You and Everyone so Far that is Participating in the Challenge!

I think that was a Fair Add-On for January since it would have felt Wrong to dis-include movies posters where working on already, that is why I included it but also the extending to the end of February to Help others get on-board and have time.

Indeed I like this kind of challenge cause like the Comic Book 1000 one it is a Great Motivation and Push to see movies I love and ones I have not yet seen!

ALSO REMEMBER, If you want to see any Movies you saw already again THAT COUNTS! Mulitple viewings of the same movie counts and I like it cause you notice things in a 2nd and more viewings at times!

Sadly right after I started this thread I got sick and am getting over a virus so my list is behind right now with only 1 movie since Feb 2nd, I can't right now remember what I watched in Jan, if I do I will include but it is unlikely.

Here is the 1 movie so far to my list but when I am better it will go up allot!

1.) Event Horizon (1997) ~~~ Movie CABLE Channels ~~~ HD!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119081/

I started a list. The first films....

Movie #1/ New Movie #2/ 1970s Movie #1: Shampoo
    I've had a bit of a*The Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon with this film, hearing about it in different ways: as a breakout for star Warren Beatty, as a comedy set during a presidential election, as a standout for director Hal Ashby, as a showcase for an Oscar winning performance by Lee Grant, and as the debut of Carrie Fisher. It's a solid kinda dry comedy about a lunk who is irresistible to women, elevated by a hell of a supporting cast (Goldie Hawn and Julie Christie are two of his girlfriends; Jack Warden got an Oscar nomination as a philandering cuckold) which initially meanders around, but does have some payoff at the end as he faces a reckoning.
    8/10

Movie #2/ New Movie #2/ 2017 Movie #1:*I, Tonya
    It's a darkly funny film that looks at a typical triumphant sports biopic that gets derailed just as the flawed heroine is about to do her comeback. Margot Robbie and Alison Janney are sensational as the daughter and mother. I do like how the film acknowledges the unreliable narrators, and the media criticism. There are some striking omissions (a supporting character gets a job as a bodyguard for Harding in between scenes, she has four older half-siblings who are never mentioned, encounters with Nancy Kerrigan are referred to but never shown, etc.)
    8/10

Movie #3/ New Movie #3/ 2017 Movie #2:*Molly's Game
    It's not a shocker that Sorkin's directorial debut has a very witty script, as he tells a labyrinthine tale of a woman's rise and fall in an unconventional business, building effectively to realizations about her past that have affected her behavior going forward. Strong central performance by Jessica Chastain.
    9/10

Movie #4/ New Movie #4/ 1980s Movie #1: Working Girl
    Decent comedy about a secretary who pretends to be someone at the top of her company, even if some of the Oscar nominations are undeserved (Joan Cusack is a good example of someone who is good in a film, but definitely not one of the five best of the year.)
    8/10

Movie #5/ New Movie #5/ 1970s Movie #2: A Touch of Class
    This movie has the second of Glenda Jackson's Academy Award winning performances (out of four nominations) and I hadn't seen any of her work, which shows how much of a blind spot this type of film is for me (English film during the New Hollywood era.) It's a decent comedy about two likable people who find an affair isn't as simple as they assumed; first because of various complications, and then because of what it means. Ebert suggested the ending wasn't earned, but it was definitely set-up.
    8/10

Movie #6/ 2010s Movie #1: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    The first Captain America sequel might just be the best Marvel Cinematic Universe film and the top competitors are the others in the series. It's a compelling spy drama, elevating supporting characters from earlier films, with new additions who have some tremendous staying power. Looking at it again, I really like the twists and turns with Robert Redford's character (the casting being a nod to 1970s thrillers, which showcases the MCU's strength) and the plan of the bad guys, which is a scarily logical way to rule the world.
    10/10

Movie #7/ New Movie #6/ 2017 Movie #3: Kingsmen- The Golden Circle
    This Kingmen sequel goes on a bit long, and kills off characters in ways that aren't quite earned, although I do like the set-up to the Statesmen and the return of Colin Firth's Galahad, which makes for some decent complications. It's a step down from the original, but still fun.
    6/10

Movie #8/ 2000s Movie #1: Children of Men
    This is a sci-fi film that has held up well, with excellent worldbuilding and cinematography, establishing a hopeless new world and then introducing something to shake it up. The two long takes are spectacular.
    10/10

Movie #9/ New Movie #7/ 2017 Movie #4: The Greatest Showman
    It's a flawed but decent musical. The songs are catchy, and often quite moving (the opening montage is a highlight, and "Never Enough" is powerful on several levels). It does sometimes feel like several different films put together (Hugh Jackman's ambitious showman realizing the importance of family, an interracial love story pre-Civil War, "freaks" coming to acceptance) sometimes in a messy manner.
    7/10

Movie #10/ 2010s Movie #2: Star Wars- The Force Awakens
    Watching it again, I get a sense of just how well it combined excellent new characters with a very traditional Star Wars story, simultaneously showing what's great about the series, and saying something new about the legacy, especially with the villain being a Darth Vader fanboy.
    9/10

A "new" film just means I haven't seen it.

There's more, but I'm too lazy to write it up.

I'm setting up some sub-challenges for myself: 10 films from the silent era, 10 films from the 1930s, 10 films from the 1940s, 10 films from the 1950s, 10 films from the 1960s, 10 films from the 1970s, 10 films from the 1980s, 10 films from the 1990s, 10 films from the 2000s, 10 films from 2010-2016, 17 films from 2017, and 18 films from 2018.

I did meet similar challenges last year.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

I hope you guys recommend the best horror movies, english please or with english sub is ok too.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Glad that made you Happy Soubhagya and Thanks to You and Everyone so Far that is Participating in the Challenge!

I think that was a Fair Add-On for January since it would have felt Wrong to dis-include movies posters where working on already, that is why I included it but also the extending to the end of February to Help others get on-board and have time.

Indeed I like this kind of challenge cause like the Comic Book 1000 one it is a Great Motivation and Push to see movies I love and ones I have not yet seen!

ALSO REMEMBER, If you want to see any Movies you saw already again THAT COUNTS! Mulitple viewings of the same movie counts and I like it cause you notice things in a 2nd and more viewings at times!

Sadly right after I started this thread I got sick and am getting over a virus so my list is behind right now with only 1 movie since Feb 2nd, I can't right now remember what I watched in Jan, if I do I will include but it is unlikely.

Here is the 1 movie so far to my list but when I am better it will go up allot!

1.) Event Horizon (1997) ~~~ Movie CABLE Channels ~~~ HD!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119081/

Being ill sucks. Hope you get well soon.