Mighty Member

Default Batman TAS episode 13 talkback: Heart of Ice

Brilliant episode! my third fave episode after Almost Got Im and Feat of Clay and won an emmy as it deserved it.

The writing is brilliant from the ingenious mind of Paul Dini who made a better version of a campy character like Mr Freeze whom i remember back in 89 when i was 8 seeing him on that show and read the comics but this show made us feel bad and feel emotional with Mr Freeze.

Action packed, emotional and quite unique even in it's brilliant screenplay.

Mighty Member

Who else agrees on the solid script?

Extraordinary Member

Everyone agrees on this episode. It won an emmy and is frequently cited as one of the best in the entire series. It's reconstruction of Mr. Freeze was brilliant, and even the silly things (the chicken soup) made sense in context.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Everyone agrees on this episode. It won an emmy and is frequently cited as one of the best in the entire series. It's reconstruction of Mr. Freeze was brilliant, and even the silly things (the chicken soup) made sense in context.
    It sure did and it made a formerly campy villain into an excellent villain eh?

Amazing Member

This episode is one of my favorites, along with "Almost Got Em" and a few others.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DR14 View Post
    This episode is one of my favorites, along with "Almost Got Em" and a few others.
    It is that good even with the animation from Japan and perhaps Bruce Timm's finest achievement on the series this episode and Dini's best script.

Incredible Member

A great episode that not only re imagined Mr Freeze but also introduced us to Mark Hamil's first VA role on the show as Ferris Boyle before he moved on to the Joker when Tim Curry could no longer do it (plus we got a couple of nice Star Wars shout outs )

Definitely one of the best of the DCAU!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    A great episode that not only re imagined Mr Freeze but also introduced us to Mark Hamil's first VA role on the show as Ferris Boyle before he moved on to the Joker when Tim Curry could no longer do it (plus we got a couple of nice Star Wars shout outs )

Definitely one of the best of the DCAU!
    Indeed and awesome writing eh?