Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Music

Default Best Music

What's your top games per system that you think have the best musical scores?

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Street Fighter 3rd Strike

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Phantasy Star Online

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

A lil' classic from Kof, belief :

I love the part from 1:09 so freaking damn much.

BANNED

The various Final Fantasies (and really, has there ever been a bigger lie in a series name? Not very Final if you have 14 sequels) tend to have excellent scores, but I really liked this one.

So as not to start up a separate thread, I thought I'd mention the YouTube channel "8-Bit Music Theory". Might be of interest. Covers a small but interesting bit of ground.

Here's a video -

Pretty much any Mega Man or Mega Man X game

Konami's always had some pretty good music for most of their franchises (Metal Gear, Castlevania, Contra etc); my favorite being mainly Harry Gregson-Williams's work for most of the "Solid" series (Although the original MGS theme-not by Williams-was a bit deriative, and William's own PW work sounded a bit Narniaish). Plus the many great vocal themes in the series.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

The original Silent Hill games had some great music.

Extraordinary Member

Legend of Zelda series

Honorable mentions-Super Mario Galaxy, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Mass Effect Trilogy, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Halo, Fire Emblem Awakening

Per system....NES Mega Man 2. SNES Final Fantasy 6/Chrono Trigger, N64 Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, PS1 Final Fantasy 7, Gamecube Wind Waker, PS2 Metal Gear Solid 3, XBOX Halo, Wii Super Mario Galaxy and Skyward Sword, PS3/360 Mass Effect trilogy. This gen, Witcher 3 and Super Mario Odyssey.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 03-22-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The various Final Fantasies (and really, has there ever been a bigger lie in a series name? Not very Final if you have 14 sequels) tend to have excellent scores, but I really liked this one.

well considering the name came with a certain amount of gallows humour.

the donkey kong country series wasn't mentioned

It gets me so hyped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Street Fighter 3
    -Guilty Gear
    -Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns
    -MadWorld
    -Metal Gear Rising
    -Killer Instinct 2013
    -Final Fantasy 14

Hands down the Jet Set Radio games for me, I even went to a gig of one the bands who were on the soundtrack for the one song they did. Apparently it was their first show outside of Japan.

The Mario games are always great and Neir, Donkey Kong Country & Zelda are high on my list too. I'd also say Smash Bros but that feels like a cheat.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

In addition to everything mentioned above, the Persona and Sonic series are high on the list, as well as The World Ends With You. And I am loving the music in the Gravity Rush games, though I personally prefer the pace and (translated from fake language) lyrics to Douse Shinundakera from the first game to those of the still great A Red Apple Fell From The Sky from the second.