Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yeah. He's doing Immortal Men, tons of Metal stuff, and almost certainly tons of NOPE JUSTICE stuff.
    Was the "PE" additional intentional ?
    If Tomasi takes over Tec, literally the FIRST thing I expect is you will never see Steph or Cass, or even hear them mentioned, from his very first issue. And I'll be dropping it instantly.

If Tynion spins off Tec into a Gotham Knights book, that wouldn't be too bad - I'd just follow him there - I'm into the team, not the title (and the writer, actually - I'm a big Tynion fan). But I don't see why his performance would justify it. I could, however, see how his workload would justify it - and honestly, I'd kind of rather him spin off a monthly Gotham Knights book instead of getting Sebela or someone to do a bunch of fill-ins.
    I definitely think if Tomasi takes over that they'll drop the team aspect.

But the fact that the team is now attached to the Gotham Knights branding leaves me thinking it would be very easy to spin them off into a book with that title.

If Tynion spins off Tec into a Gotham Knights book, that wouldn't be too bad - I'd just follow him there - I'm into the team, not the title (and the writer, actually - I'm a big Tynion fan).
    Yeah, ultimately I just want this group to still be around, wherever they are. There's still so much that can be done with them.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was the "PE" additional intentional ?

I definitely think if Tomasi takes over that they'll drop the team aspect.

But the fact that the team is now attached to the Gotham Knights branding leaves me thinking it would be very easy to spin them off into a book with that title.
    Yes. I really dislike Metal, and No Justice being the end of Priest on Justice League is not my ideal (I know it was probably planned from the beginning, but I think Priest deserves better than that).

I think it would be easy, and I could even see the solicits for Feb, March, and April leading to a Gotham Knights book - but I want to know, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Yeah, ultimately I just want this group to still be around, wherever they are. There's still so much that can be done with them.
    Agreed. There's so much potential and room!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    A year ago I would've been stoked by this rumor, but I've cooled on Tomasi following the mediocrity that has been the last half of Superman Rebirth. Tomasi has the same strengths and weaknesses as Tynion. He is passionate about characters and has a good voice for them, but is a weak plotter, though I happen to prefer the same characters as Tomasi rather than Tynion. My only hope is the Detective Comics gets back to small-scale detective stories.

There is plenty of room to improve though.
    Well on the other hand he's the only one in the last 7 years who wrote detective stories in detective comics. Only they were written during the James Gordon era.

BANNED

This is absolutely my worst case scenario, not only because I love Tynion's current run unreservedly, but because Tomasi is literally the person I want on ANY OTHER book. And the reason for that is simple: Steph and Cass. Tomasi's demonstrated in the past that he doesn't like either of them, so they would instantly be erased. And I don't know if I could handle a third erasure of Steph.

The counter to that is that October 2017, Gleason said he wanted to be on Superman till #100, and now they're not even going to make #50. Tynion's been a lot more public about his 1000 goal, and it's a lot closer, but still. It's over a year away, and he is overloading himself.

Yeah. He's doing Immortal Men, tons of Metal stuff, and almost certainly tons of NOPE JUSTICE stuff.

If Tomasi takes over Tec, literally the FIRST thing I expect is you will never see Steph or Cass, or even hear them mentioned, from his very first issue. And I'll be dropping it instantly.

If Tynion spins off Tec into a Gotham Knights book, that wouldn't be too bad - I'd just follow him there - I'm into the team, not the title (and the writer, actually - I'm a big Tynion fan). But I don't see why his performance would justify it. I could, however, see how his workload would justify it - and honestly, I'd kind of rather him spin off a monthly Gotham Knights book instead of getting Sebela or someone to do a bunch of fill-ins.
    Yeah but literally any other writer short of Sebela or Bennet who're Tynion's buddies would have done away with the team not just Tomasi.

BANNED

I would'nt mind this. Tynion has been terrible on this book and made just about everyone bar Cass (and maybe Jean-Paul) unlikeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I would'nt mind this. Tynion has been terrible on this book and made just about everyone bar Cass (and maybe Jean-Paul) unlikeable.
    How is any of the main cast in this book unlikeable? Steph I sorta get, but other than that... huh?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    How is any of the main cast in this book unlikeable? Steph I sorta get, but other than that... huh?
    Steph isnt that unlikeable for me. Sure im still not really sure why she is so dissalusioned but i still like her.

Tim though just annoys me, he comes across as whiney and a bit creepy too so i dont really like him

Everyone else i dont see how they are annoying, Bruce certainly isnt and i dont know what he has done to annoy you, or Kate and Luke?
    Last edited by Katana500; 02-03-2018 at 03:42 AM.

More than Detective, I would really like Tomasi (and Gleason) continuing the R:SOB with Suren and Maya...

Here come the conspiracy theorists.

I dropped Tec even if Tomasi is picked to write it unlike to pick it back since Steph is the only character only the cast I care about and thanks to Tynion I've gone very cold on her so.

Some Tec fans love Tynion the rest will buy it regardless in the run up to issue 1000 why not just give tomasi a B&R book and leave Tynion where he is I appreciate the work he's dong on Tim
    Last edited by dietrich; 02-03-2018 at 06:41 AM.

Thumbs up

This is absolutely my worst case scenario, not only because I love Tynion's current run unreservedly, but because Tomasi is literally the person I want on ANY OTHER book. And the reason for that is simple: Steph and Cass. Tomasi's demonstrated in the past that he doesn't like either of them, so they would instantly be erased. And I don't know if I could handle a third erasure of Steph..
    Then, I donīt want him too... Poor Steph and Cass..

I prefer continue with Tynion, In this case I should only wait for a good saga(nothing related with Tim and Kate tomorrow future)..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-03-2018 at 06:24 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Yeah but literally any other writer short of Sebela or Bennet who're Tynion's buddies would have done away with the team not just Tomasi.
    I think you're probably right. But any writer besides Tomasi would at least try to gracefully write Cass and Steph out, instead of completely ignoring that they ever existed. (And I would say that I don't want a Sebela or Bennett written Tec, either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Steph isnt that unlikeable for me. Sure im still not really sure why she is so dissalusioned but i still like her.

Tim though just annoys me, he comes across as whiney and a bit creepy too so i dont really like him

Everyone else i dont see how they are annoying, Bruce certainly isnt and i dont know what he has done to annoy you, or Kate and Luke?
    Aww, I'm glad someone besides me still likes Steph.

I think Tim was supposed to be a bit creepy - trying to outrun your future self always does that. But hopefully Tynion's set him back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    More than Detective, I would really like Tomasi (and Gleason) continuing the R:SOB with Suren and Maya...
    I actually would be 100% on board with this. I LOVED Robin Son of Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Then, I donīt want him too... Poor Steph and Cass..

I prefer continue with Tynion, In this case I should only wait for a good saga(nothing related with Tim and Kate tomorrow future)..
    Haha. I think the Bat-Tim stuff is hopefully done at this point. I enjoyed it, but I think much more would be pushing it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Maybe they should anyway split the team and spin parts of it off in a separate book.

And maybe even turn Tec back into a (solo) Batman book.

BANNED

I loved his New 52 Batman & Robin run once he got rid of Damian. It was super ballsy and out-there which is exactly what the Bat Books need. If he brings more of that to the Batman universe, I am totally in.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Gleason was RSOB creator with him is enough.. However, for what I heard about Steph and Cass, is better use him in another place than in detective comics..