Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Maybe with Tynion gone, the "love letters to Tim Drake" will stop.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Love letters badly written.

I basically only read Detective Comics for Cass, so depending on the changes I may be dropping this book. I will definitely be dropping if Damian shows up as I expect will happen.
    Last edited by lucius121; 02-06-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Love letters are fine so long as they're written well. All Star Superman being a great example.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Love letters are fine so long as they're written well. All Star Superman being a great example.
    Are you another Tim Drake fan like me who doesn't love the way Tynion depict him?

I dropped Detective Comics, but a new writer would get me to try it again.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

You are KIDDING me? They're going with a "guest arc" by James Robinson? After making Wonder Woman a guest star in her own book for 20 issues, he's going to come to Detective? Maybe he'll be better on Batman, but...ugh. And why is it a guest arc? What is the problem with Tec? They need to get stuck into a nice run leading into 1000!

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori.../18/dcsept.htm
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

At this rate we’ll just have fill-ins to #1000
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    At this rate we’ll just have fill-ins to #1000
    Yup. That's not a good look.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I was expecting a new writer would be announced after the Hill run. Don't really want to invest in fill ins, especially what I've heard of Robinson's writing on Wonder Woman lately. I might still check out Hill's arc. I hope they get a new writer soon, I'll need some Batman in my life once the Deathstroke vs Batman story is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I was expecting a new writer would be announced after the Hill run. Don't really want to invest in fill ins, especially what I've heard of Robinson's writing on Wonder Woman lately. I might still check out Hill's arc. I hope they get a new writer soon, I'll need some Batman in my life once the Deathstroke vs Batman story is over.
    This is beyond frustrating. What is the holdup - they have three months to find someone to stay on the title from 988-1000 - that's 12 issues. Now we're probably going to get a 5-6 issue arc from Robinson, and then another fill in for the last 6-7 until 1000. That's just so underwhelming and disappointing.

I like Robinson on-and-off, but I don't know why they're holding off on either Tomasi taking over or putting a clear new ongoing writer on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Robinson on-and-off, but I don't know why they're holding off on either Tomasi taking over or putting a clear new ongoing writer on.
    Maybe they hadn't found a writer with a solid pitch yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Maybe they hadn't found a writer with a solid pitch yet?
    Don't you think they should make it a priority to get this book nailed down? They've had three months!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Don't you think they should make it a priority to get this book nailed down? They've had three months!
    Well, on a positive thought, perhaps they might be considering Hill as the regular writer once they've gotten sufficient feedback on his first arc?
    (Just a thought.)