Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, on a positive thought, perhaps they might be considering Hill as the regular writer once they've gotten sufficient feedback on his first arc?
    (Just a thought.)
    Well - Hill's been a mixed bag of reaction for me. I really like his Michael Cray, but (I know a lot of folk liked it) Black Lightning/Hong Kong Phooey just didn't work for me (part of that is undoubtedly that Denys Cowan is a hard sell for me - usually I need a writer I already know and trust like Priest to make me work with Cowyn's style). It just felt like the problems in that one were overcome with a bit too much handwaving, and the characters didn't feel that distinct. But, also to be fair, I don't know HKP at all, and Black Lightning only through Year One.

So if he's got a great Tec arc, I'd be all for him as the ongoing writer (especially since DC seems to be dragging its feet on Outsiders for no apparent reason). He's definitely one of the best writers in terms of fan interaction I've seen in a long time.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Don't you think they should make it a priority to get this book nailed down? They've had three months!
    I have no clue about the goings on with DC Editorial, but it wouldn't be first book to have difficulty finding a consistent writer after the main Rebirth writer left.

Robinson instead of Tomasi? The monkey’s paw curls a finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have no clue about the goings on with DC Editorial, but it wouldn't be first book to have difficulty finding a consistent writer after the main Rebirth writer left.
    True. Wonder Woman, Nightwing, looks like they might be about to be doing it to Batgirl.

It's kind of a shame. Rebirth was going so well (and still is, honestly, despite these hiccups), but there are some books that need more attention from editorial and better writers.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Well, on a positive thought, perhaps they might be considering Hill as the regular writer once they've gotten sufficient feedback on his first arc?
    (Just a thought.)
    It's possible, but he is already all but confirmed to be writing a Outsiders book plus has multiple other titles he is working.

I think at this point, we will have guests arcs till December, when Tomasi's run starts. My only question is why Tomasi has to wait till December? Maybe a big artist that will take time to draw it?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's possible, but he is already all but confirmed to be writing a Outsiders book plus has multiple other titles he is working.

I think at this point, we will have guests arcs till December, when Tomasi's run starts. My only question is why Tomasi has to wait till December? Maybe a big artist that will take time to draw it?
    Maybe it has something to do with Doomsday Clock or some kind of plan with the Batfamily titles?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with Doomsday Clock or some kind of plan with the Batfamily titles?
    Maybe..kinda doubtful Doomsday Clock is really hindering anything at this point though.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Wishful thinking but I would like DC giving John Arcudi,Jeff Lemire or Rick Remender a shot at TEC.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Wishful thinking but I would like DC giving John Arcudi,Jeff Lemire or Rick Remender a shot at TEC.
    I mean, I think most people know that I really want a Christopher Priest Detective Comics run.

BANNED

With all the positive WOM Tomasi has generated for Super Sons, Superman and the Death of Superman film I want him to take over Tec now and write a Batman DTV and a Super Sons DTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    With all the positive WOM Tomasi has generated for Super Sons, Superman and the Death of Superman film I want him to take over Tec now and write a Batman DTV and a Super Sons DTV.
    Eh. I mean, again, everyone knows it, but I want Tomasi as far away from Gotham as possible.

BANNED

Well I want him on board asap. Now Tynion can stay as far as possible lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Well I want him on board asap. Now Tynion can stay as far as possible lol.
    Flip that and I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    . . . I think at this point, we will have guests arcs till December, when Tomasi's run starts. My only question is why Tomasi has to wait till December? Maybe a big artist that will take time to draw it?
    Has it been confirmed somewhere that Tomasi is definitely taking over in December? Or is that just speculation?
    (The way you wrote that made it sound like it's guaranteed to happen.)

Has it been confirmed somewhere that Tomasi is definitely taking over in December? Or is that just speculation?
    (The way you wrote that made it sound like it's guaranteed to happen.)
    Bleeding Cool thinks it's going to happen. But...I don't trust that rag.