Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So I've been keeping up with this series and what I want to know is, whats going to come out of this series when it wraps up? I mean, it takes place 5 years in the future, so what could the repercussions be in present day? Also, Are we going to see the actual war with earth 2 as an event next summer or something??

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    So I've been keeping up with this series and what I want to know is, whats going to come out of this series when it wraps up? I mean, it takes place 5 years in the future, so what could the repercussions be in present day? Also, Are we going to see the actual war with earth 2 as an event next summer or something??
    Well, we're told it will have repercussions, though DC would obviously say that to keep people reading... I'm guessing since Terry originally went back in time too late that he may make another time jump towards the end of the series to the 'present day' DCU, which might affect things and result in some of the stuff that's come to pass in the series being amalgamated into the main DCU in some form or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    I thought this was a slow issue but I still enjoyed it. I figure it takes, maybe, 3 - 4 or more issues to actually be one issue per story/character so there's bound to be slow parts but hopefully it's worthy build up.
    This, like the maxi-series 52, I'm guessing will read excellently as TPBs when this is all done and dusted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    No love for the not very subtle dig at Identity Crisis? I though that would go down like a storm on here.
    very interesting, since I feel a pre 52 vibe from futures end

Which in itself can be seen as a dig at the state of the DCU pre-New 52, because the tone of this 5YL future is in a lot of ways as bleak and depressing as the post-Crisis Earth had become around Identity Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I think one big repercussion will be an alliance with Earth 2, as opposed to a war. Whether it be Terry time traveling again or by other means, I think one of the main themes will be that Prime Earth and Earth 2 are destined to have a connection, and that connection will either save their worlds or doom them both in different ways. I think this message will be delievered to the current timeline in some form, avoiding the war, while maybe leaving it open that the Storm is something that can't be stopped, but when it does eventually come this time, fighting it successfully will be that much better with no war to recuperate from and a whole parallel Earth as an ally. Perhaps a negative repercussion in fact will be that due to changes, the Storm will come sooner.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-18-2014 at 02:55 PM.

I took another look at the #0 issue and noticed that future Frankenstein had Hawkman's arm. Did anyone else notice this? Or am I really behind in catching that?

All-New Member

nice to see voodoo again but that art made her look ugly

I liked the explanation for Ronnie's complete 180 in personality. That alone made the Firestorm part worthwhile- now we have a place for that story to actually go behind "Ronnie is a dick."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    This, like the maxi-series 52, I'm guessing will read excellently as TPBs when this is all done and dusted.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. 52 and Brightest Day were great reads in collection form. I think Batman Eternal and Futures End will be no different. ...Countdown is in a corner crying but I even enjoyed moments from that story even if it didn't seem to be acknowledged by anybody from DC other than Dan DiDio.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I imagine that whatever future stuff is going on with batman is why he's not in the League; Hal hasn't been around the league too much since the new 52 launched. he seems to be stuck out in space, and the team needs a Lantern (Just not Jessica cruz, please.)
    I mention Hal because Johns said he is going to bring back Hal in future issues of Justice League. Though I guess that has no affect here because all this will end up not happening anyway so its moot.

Definitely interested in Batman though, losing Damian, Jason and Tim probably did a number on him. Obviously Tim never died but Bruce might not know that. And we have no idea where Dick is realistically at this point.

Again, all moot though because none of this really "happened."