Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Tchalla and Storm are not teenagers or pretending to be teenagers. lol

Considering Priest made her the one person that he opened up to, I got not problems with how Hudlin did it.

And Vampire Diaries ran out of story after Klaus left. lol
    It's not just teenagers. They didn't marry Sam and Dianne or Ross and Rachel mid-way through the first season of their shows either. They weren't even really dating by the end of the first season of those shows.

Yeah, you can rush characters to the alter with no build up, but often you get a more epic pay off when you take the time to build something up. Often marriage is the pay off, not the starting point.

And it's not even just marriage ... that can apply to anything in fiction. Again, sometimes it's just as much about the journey as it is the destination.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Because that last bit isn't a maybe, the writer that got them together for the wedding outright admitted that they got married based on them both being black, that when he went looking to marry BP he only looked at powerful black Marvel ladies...
    Yeah, he didn't want the Panther to marry Storm. He wanted him to marry whomever happened to be the most powerful black heroine. He did not care about any characters not named Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yeah, he didn't want the Panther to marry Storm. He wanted him to marry whomever happened to be the most powerful black heroine. He did not care about any characters not named Black Panther.
    Not true. We asked him about it a few months ago. He wanted Storm, but if she wasn't available he would have moved on to someone else.

Besides, Monica is more powerful than Storm.

"ducking". lol

Not with Hudlin writing the book.

Characters never get to make these decisions.
    Exactly. So we can't fault T'Challa for the proposal either.

The characters had a brief history that happened long before Hudlin arrived on the scene.

One of the biggest things working against the marriage was the backlash of some Storm fans who didn't want her to leave the X-verse.

The X-Offices failing to acknowledge the marriage didn't help either.

Except Hudlin has said if Storm wasn't available he would of created a Wakandan LI for Tchalla, but given their history he wanted Storm so..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Not true. We asked him about it a few months ago. He wanted Storm, but if she wasn't available he would have moved on to someone else.

Besides, Monica is more powerful than Storm.

"ducking". lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except Hudlin has said if Storm wasn't available he would of created a Wakandan LI for Tchalla, but given their history he wanted Storm so..
    All that tells me that Hudlin's prime concern was getting T'challa hitched, and whom he was getting hitched to was secondary.

All that tells me that Hudlin's prime concern was getting T'challa hitched, and whom he was getting hitched to was secondary.
    actually it says that he wanted Tchalla married to Storm, but if that wasn't an option, like any other writer would do, they would go a different route if he had to

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

you know, look, if you’re a king, one of the most important parts of your job is to have a queen and have heirs. I mean, that’s kind of the number one part of the job, I would think. Like, continuation of the blood line. So when they asked me if I wanted to continue doing the series, and I said, “Yes,” and they asked what I would do, I said, “The Black Panther has to get married. You know, he’s a king, he can’t put that off and go around putting his life in danger.” So we talked about it, and the thing I’m most grateful for was when Marvel said, “Yeah, you can have Storm. He can marry Storm.”
    http://www.bullz-eye.com/television/...ald_hudlin.htm

So it sounds more like Hudlin wanted to have Panther get married first.

Also, the "You can have Storm" bit gives more credence to the argument that Storm was taken from the x-books so Hudlin could use her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    actually it says that he wanted Tchalla married to Storm, but if that wasn't an option, like any other writer would do, they would go a different route if he had to
    If marrying Storm was what he wanted then he would have not have a marriage unless/until Storm became available.
    But no, he wanted to marry the Panther. To Storm if possible, but somebody else'd do in a pinch.

BANNED

more than bad. It's been horrible for T'challa!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    I think the past is the past and with the marriage being over both characters should move on with other love interests.
    She did, she got with Wolverine before he died, i think people supported that one more than her and T'Chala.

Hell i did more than i support the current thing with him and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    She did, she got with Wolverine before he died, i think people supported that one more than her and T'Chala.

Hell i did more than i support the current thing with him and Jean.
    Wolverine has a lot of ships. I suppose when you're the most popular character from a franchise, that can happen.

I'm behind in the X-Books... are Logan and Jean really a thing these days? I'm sort of surprised if that's the case. I always thought marvel would treat that like forbidden fruit.

But regardless of what Logan is doing, Storm as far as we know is still dating T'Challa. It's possible they could break up at the end of Coates run but we're not there yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wolverine has a lot of ships. I suppose when you're the most popular character from a franchise, that can happen.

I'm behind in the X-Books... are Logan and Jean really a thing these days? I'm sort of surprised if that's the case. I always thought marvel would treat that like forbidden fruit.

But regardless of what Logan is doing, Storm as far as we know is still dating T'Challa. It's possible they could break up at the end of Coates run but we're not there yet.
    Jean, Cyclops and Wolverine are all poly now. They screw each other and whomever they want without judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Jean, Cyclops and Wolverine are all poly now. They screw each other and whomever they want without judgement.
    I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Given how Scotts last 2 marriages ended, it's pretty clear he rolls like that.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Are they really?