Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Hudlin got them together on the basis that they were both black period, that was the defining reason that the got them together as before then most of the X-writers had Storm as having moved on and she viewed BP as a guy that she was better off just being friends with...the whole marriage storyline was her being his woman...
    So we're just going to forget Christopher Priest?

There was some history before Hudlin & before Priest (with the whole meeting between the two in Marvel Team Up in the 80's showing attraction between the two and the basis of later stories). And the whole "they're only together because they're both black" thing is just wrong.
    Last edited by C-Dot; 03-04-2018 at 01:54 PM.

....I'm very surprised that after seeing the Black Panther movie more CBR fans are not behind Nakia than Storm for being his Queen. Nakia is everything T'Challa needs in a queen and is hassle free. She is basically the Black Widow but cooler but instead people are hung up on arguably the worst Marvel Romance in history?

Baffling. Where is the Nakia and T'Challa Forever thread? I need more of that in my life right now.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    ....I'm very surprised that after seeing the Black Panther movie more CBR fans are not behind Nakia than Storm for being his Queen. Nakia is everything T'Challa needs in a queen and is hassle free. She is basically the Black Widow but cooler but instead people are hung up on arguably the worst Marvel Romance in history?

Baffling. Where is the Nakia and T'Challa Forever thread? I need more of that in my life right now.
    I'm willing to guess that Nakia will be remade to mirror Lupita's portrayal and get a heroic turn.

Believe me. You’re not the only one. Only problem is that while MCU Nakia is wholesome, her comic counterpart is a complete psycho. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    So we're just going to forget Christopher Priest?

There was some history before Hudlin & before Priest (with the whole meeting between the two in Marvel Team Up in the 80's showing attraction between the two and the basis of later stories). And the whole "they're only together because they're both black" thing is just wrong.
    People don't see their faulty logic. Saying that Hudlin only wanted a black woman when considering marrying T'Challa, and using that reasoning as motive to devalue the marriage sends two messages to me.

1) you're implying that they had no history (which is false) and Hudlin just magically threw two black characters together. It's highly disingenuous.

2) this also shows that one isn't even willing to educate themselves on the matter further. For too long this lie about them only being together because they're has been allowed to run rampant. You say something enough and it becomes true. Hudlin had two previous writers work to inform his own. And if I'm not mistaken, didn't Priest's run come out around 1999? If not, please correct me. When did Hudlin marry them again?

BANNED

I'm actually all for Queen Nakia to remaining on the throne. She was everything I could have hoped for. I've made myself quite clear that I dont feel that general X-fans, with their true lack of knowledge regarding anything Wakanda related, deserve a fully realized Queen Ororo of Wakanda. They deserves nothing less that Halle Berry and Alexadra Shipp and Guggenheim Storm. Storm and T'Challa will always have my heart, of course. A true Storm appearance in MCU Black Panther verse would be too much of a gift for the pretenders. I want it more than anything. But I'm petty enough that I don't want the haters of their union to lay eyes on the visual feast of Ryan Coogler's Hadari Yao.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Believe me. You’re not the only one. Only problem is that while MCU Nakia is wholesome, her comic counterpart is a complete psycho. Lol.
    I'm aware of her history at Marvel. But if Sabertooth, of all characters, can get reform and no one on this board really bat's an eye Nakia would barely even be noticed as a change.

Gimme that relationship MARVEL and keep Storm away from T'Challa.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I'm aware of her history at Marvel. But if Sabertooth, of all characters, can get reform and no one on this board really bat's an eye Nakia would barely even be noticed as a change.

Gimme that relationship MARVEL and keep Storm away from T'Challa.
    No one batted an eye? Many people hated Sabretooth's reform since it wasnt earned and was a convenient plot device

Also I dont see why you are surprised. Most X-fans are familiar with Storm and likely never heard of Nakia before the film. Most X-Fans dont care for BP other than his intersection with the X-line via Storm, therefore its not too surprising that you dont see more invested in his love life if it doesnt pertain to her

Hating Storm with T'challa only makes me want them together even more. Time to get my chickens
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No one batted an eye? Many people hated Sabretooth's reform since it wasnt earned and was a convenient plot device

Also I dont see why you are surprised. Most X-fans are familiar with Storm and likely never heard of Nakia before the film. Most X-Fans dont care for BP other than his intersection with the X-line via Storm, therefore its not too surprising that you dont see more invested in his love life if it doesnt pertain to her
    There has probably been 1 to 2 threads created bout Sabertooth's reform in comparison to at least 10 threads on one of the worst relationships in Marvel's history.

I just hope after the movie is out longer more fans will latch on to Nakia or some other character for T'Challa to be with. The Storm and T'Challa do better without each other in My opinion.

There has probably been 1 to 2 threads created bout Sabertooth's reform in comparison to at least 10 threads on one of the worst relationships in Marvel's history.

I just hope after the movie is out longer more fans will latch on to Nakia or some other character for T'Challa to be with. The Storm and T'Challa do better without each other in My opinion.
    Storm is a MUCH more popular character than Sabretooth. She is one character that people have always been very vocal about, good or bad. Some people may have liked Sabretooth's change but plenty on here and that was seen in various threads of the books he was in

I'd suggest you go look to the Marvel Comics forum. You might be able to find more varying opinions there. Here in the X-men section, its without a doubt going to be skewed in Storm's favor as this is where her fanbase is. Even them I bet things wont vary too much bc movie adaptations of characters tends to influence people with little to no history of the comics and those for the most part dont translate into becoming readers.

Above post reads hard like an excuse to me.

Sabertooth is essentially the Joker to Wolverines, Batman. A character who has appeared in just as man if not more outside marvel products, video games, ect as Storm has and yet some want to down play that to prove pitiful points. SHM

I said my peace. Nakia and T'Challa long may the reign. As for Storm place her with some who will help her grow beyond what she is currently as she deserves instead of someone who will write her in corners she may never get out of.

Above post reads hard like an excuse to me.

Sabertooth is essentially the Joker to Wolverines, Batman. A character who has appeared in just as man if not more outside marvel products, video games, ect as Storm has and yet some want to down play that to prove pitiful points. SHM

I said my peace. Nakia and T'Challa long may the reign. As for Storm place her with some who will help her grow beyond what she is currently as she deserves instead of someone who will write her in corners she may never get out of.
    okey dokey.

Ultimate Member

BB, no we never denied that they had a history, and it isn't a lie when Hudlin himself admitted to it that when he was going to have BP get married he only considered black female Marvel characters as being possible wives, if Marvel tried to do something like that with Cyclops there'd be an uproar over it...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    BB, no we never denied that they had a history, and it isn't a lie when Hudlin himself admitted to it that when he was going to have BP get married he only considered black female Marvel characters as being possible wives, if Marvel tried to do something like that with Cyclops there'd be an uproar over it...
    there's nothing wrong with him wanting to celebrate black love. It was quite alarming that there were no black couples at Marvel unless one counts random D-listers. A black character wasnt allowed to have an actual romance unless paired up with a non-black, which more often than not meant a white character.