Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Donna Troy : Fate Of The Gods

Okay, in Titans hunt Donna called herself Fate of the Gods. At first IMHO i thought it was a cool idea though i wished it was executed better.

Now after Rebirth Donna is still made of clay, cannot die and her being fate has not been mentioned. Is she STILL Fate of the Gods? And do you think this aspect of the character is necessary? (Aside from keeping writers from killing her/rewriting her origins for a while)
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't think she's Fate anymore, no. That was a holdover from Finches' WW run which appears to have been retconned ENTIRELY.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I don't think she's Fate anymore, no. That was a holdover from Finches' WW run which appears to have been retconned ENTIRELY.
    I see. So they just kept the born of clay immortal. How much of this did they keep though? Thats a pretty big concern of mine. I wish a writer would explain this in an issue.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    I see. So they just kept the born of clay immortal. How much of this did they keep though? Thats a pretty big concern of mine. I wish a writer would explain this in an issue.
    She seems to have a similar but different origin as the one that she had there, but this hasn't been expanded on yet. Hopefully we'll see it soon.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

When did Donna get the "born of clay" origin?

(She seems to have had so many different ones in the past, and if she ever got a "born of clay" retcon I'm assuming it happened sometime after 1995?)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    When did Donna get the "born of clay" origin?

(She seems to have had so many different ones in the past, and if she ever got a "born of clay" retcon I'm assuming it happened sometime after 1995?)
    During the Finches run.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Specifically between Wonder Woman #36-43 (previous series) then somewhat coveted again in Titans annual 1

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Specifically between Wonder Woman #36-43 (previous series) then somewhat coveted again in Titans annual 1
    "Coveted"?

(I'm assuming that was suppose to be "covered"?)

BANNED

Okay, in Titans hunt Donna called herself Fate of the Gods. At first IMHO i thought it was a cool idea though i wished it was executed better.

Now after Rebirth Donna is still made of clay, cannot die and her being fate has not been mentioned. Is she STILL Fate of the Gods? And do you think this aspect of the character is necessary? (Aside from keeping writers from killing her/rewriting her origins for a while)
    If Donna can't die, can't she be melted or something?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    If Donna can't die, can't she be melted or something?
    No, I don't think the clay thing applies after being born. I think it is just the elements used to make Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    "Coveted"?

(I'm assuming that was suppose to be "covered"?)
    yes, sorry about that...smart phones and autocorrect...love thing there.

Wait a minute, wait a minute...wait A MINUTE! I did not read the Finches' run. You mean to tell me Donna Troy has a clay origin and Wonder Woman doesn't?

WHAT KIND OF WORLD ARE WE LIVING IN?!!
    Last edited by Largo161; 02-03-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Wait a minute, wait a minute...wait A MINUTE! I did not read the Finches run. You mean to tell me Donna Troy has a clay origin and Wonder Woman doesn't?

A sad and twisted one to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Wait a minute, wait a minute...wait A MINUTE! I did not read the Finches' run. You mean to tell me Donna Troy has a clay origin and Wonder Woman doesn't?

Donna was made out of the clay remains of Hippolyta's statue as a weapon against Wonder Woman. Not sure how the rebirth clay origin worked since Hippolyta is alive (i think)
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    A sad and twisted one to be sure.
    I'll say! (Although, as Malachi points out, the clay origin seems to be in conflict with Hippolyta being alive, so Athena only knows what Donna's current deal is.). While fans were saying Donna's history couldn't be any more tortured, DC said, "Hold my beer..."

Donna was made out of the clay remains of Hippolyta's statue as a weapon against Wonder Woman. Not sure how the rebirth clay origin worked since Hippolyta is alive (i think)
    Thanks for this info.
    Last edited by Largo161; 02-03-2018 at 11:06 PM.