View Poll Results: Which are you most interested in?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red

75 40.32%
  • Gold

5 2.69%
  • Blue

3 1.61%
  • Red & Gold

7 3.76%
  • Red & Blue

44 23.66%
  • Gold & Blue

5 2.69%
  • All

12 6.45%
  • None

35 18.82%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I voted red and blue. Bevause jeans back and for blue cause of Havok Polaris vs Bastion and sinister
    X-Men Forever

Ultimate Member

I still fear Bunn writing Alex as a villain and/or then just casting him off after this arc is over...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    X-Men Blue for sure. Had no idea that the roster had changed, and that the annoying O5 are gone. I love Polaris and Storm is in it, so it will be a must buy for sure--especially with Cullen Bunn writing. He's a great writer and one of the few left in the industry whose stuff I can actually re-read.

I'll be dropping Gold. No one in the new roster interests me. And under different circumstances I would have been over the moon to get Red, with . But not with Tom Taylor writing, he's a rubbish writer, whose work is just one level up from Fraction, his stuff is just glorified fan fiction. I recently had a look a look at All New Wolverine #30 and almost spit. I mean why doesn't Taylor just give Laura a job as professional female mud wrestler and or have her do party tricks where she opens beer bottles with her teeth? She's just base and vulgar.

But I really glad to hear about the changes for Blue.
    Sadly it's temporary

All of them. Red for Jean's adventures, Blue for what Bunn can do with a cast he actually wants to use, and Gold out of morbid curiosity.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Lets not forget how Taylor calls Lady Deathstrike Yukio. Her name is Yuriko, and that's a totally different character. Also Deathstrike isn't a mutant, so she had no business being there in the first place. Someone listed off a good 48 item list about the stuff wrong in that chapter. I added a small 49 - 51.

But with Lady Deathstrike & Creed, seems clear Taylor didn't really know the characters. And it seemed like he got his info from Pak (Weapon X) team. And Pak sure as Hell doesn't know them. Otherwise, how do that catch all 3 of them and tie them up with so little effort? That just makes all three of those characters look like jokes. Regular policemen could catch them if that's the case.
    Also, Yuriko has f@%& all to do with Weapon X. Not sure why they seem to think she’s a product of the program, but she is not.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Also, Yuriko has f@%& all to do with Weapon X. Not sure why they seem to think she’s a product of the program, but she is not.
    It's clear we have a lot of writers currently who don't know the characters and just write fanfics based on who they like or dislike. lol Regardless or canon.

So Yuriko is now a mutant, rather than a Cyborg. And she's a product of the Weapon X program. Same way Warpath has a random healing factor and can fly one min, but not the next, where he needs a jet-pack like everyone else on the team.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-04-2018 at 11:29 PM.

BANNED

Lets not forget how Taylor calls Lady Deathstrike Yukio. Her name is Yuriko, and that's a totally different character. Also Deathstrike isn't a mutant, so she had no business being there in the first place. Someone listed off a good 48 item list about the stuff wrong in that chapter. I added a small 49 - 51.

But with Lady Deathstrike & Creed, seems clear Taylor didn't really know the characters. And it seemed like he got his info from Pak (Weapon X) team. And Pak sure as Hell doesn't know them. Otherwise, how do that catch all 3 of them and tie them up with so little effort? That just makes all three of those characters look like jokes. Regular policemen could catch them if that's the case.
    For ONE BOOK I'm working on I have nearly 100 typed pages of notes and outlines (and even that is incomplete, as there's still things partly in development as I'm working on it, or things that change when I realize they don't work like I planned, or characters taking on lives of their own and making choices that send them off on unintended tangents and now I'm scrambling to fit those deviations in. IE, I recently killed off a character who was meant to be a significant antagonist later, because I realized the situation he was in made it impossible for him NOT to die) that I have to constantly cross-check, to say nothing of the dozens of web resources I have bookmarked, the dozens MORE I have to look up on the fly because I didn't know I needed them (my search history is a very scary place. You really don't want to know some of the weird **** I've had to look up for research) and I STILL miss or forget stuff no matter how organized I try to keep it, and have to go back during editing to fix it. And that's when I only have to deal with stuff for ONE of the stories that I'm writing. God forbid writers who are juggling multiple properties and have to deal with DECADES of material be able to get each and every little fact when you have probably MILLIONS of pages to search through.

It's EDITORIAL'S job to catch the mistakes in spelling or continuity before books get to print, not the writer's. Their job is ultimately just to tell the story.

I'd frankly LOVE to see y'all do better.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It's EDITORIAL'S job to catch the mistakes in spelling or continuity before books get to print, not the writer's. Their job is ultimately just to tell the story.

I'd frankly LOVE to see y'all do better.
    It's the editors & writers job to make sure things match up. And they aren't doing a good job.

And the typical lame excuse "If you can't do better don't say anything." Lets look at the flaw in that thinking.

1. If your doctor botched your operation, you wouldn't say anything or sue because you can't do better since you didn't go to medical school?
    2. If you saw a movie that you thought sucked, you wouldn't criticize the writing, effects or direction because you're not making a movie?
    3. If you go to someone to fix your hair a certain way, and they butcher it, you would smile and be happy because it's better than you could do, which is why you didn't do it yourself?
    4. If Laura was in a book, and they completely ruined her characterization and got her all wrong, you mean to tell me you wouldn't be frustrated, and vent said frustration -since it's not the writer's job to know about her, but the editors?

Have you never criticized someone's work (which you paid for) that you didn't think was good? If you have, your argument doesn't hold up.

Bottom line, you don't have to do better to know when someone has messed up on the job they're being paid to do. And people have the right to vent the frustration as a paying consumer. Not like Marvel is giving their stuff away for free. If they were, then there'd be no room for complaint. lol

If you're enjoying Taylor's writing, and everything relating to Laura, great. But everyone isn't, which they're voicing as reasons for why they don't care for the writer, or their story. In this case, many don't care for Taylor as a writer and feel he hasn't done a good job knowing the characters he writes. So it's a reason they won't bother with Red.

Writers AND editors at Marvel could stand to do better. Continuity is all over the place, and a mess at this point. Hopefully we're still just dealing with Alonso's mess, and C.B. will do much better after Alono's crap runs it's course.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-04-2018 at 11:31 PM.

BANNED

It's the editors & writers job to make sure things match up. And they aren't doing a good job.

And the typical lame excuse "If you can't do better don't say anything." Lets look at the flaw in that thinking.

1. If your doctor botched your operation, you wouldn't say anything or sue because you can't do better since you didn't go to medical school?
    2. If you saw a movie that you thought sucked, you wouldn't criticize the writing, effects or direction because you're not making a movie?
    3. If you go to someone to fix your hair a certain way, and they butcher it, you would smile and be happy because it's better than you could do, which is why you didn't do it yourself?
    4. If Laura was in a book, and they completely ruined her characterization and got her all wrong, you mean to tell me you wouldn't be frustrated, and vent said frustration -since it's not the writer's job to know about her, but the editors?

Have you never criticized someone's work (which you paid for) that you didn't think was good? If you have, your argument doesn't hold up.

Bottom line, you don't have to do better to know when someone has messed up on the job they're being paid to do. And people have the right to vent the frustration as a paying consumer. Not like Marvel is giving their stuff away for free. If they were, then there'd be no room for complaint. lol

If you're enjoying Taylor's writing, and everything relating to Laura, great. But everyone isn't, which they're voicing as reasons for why they don't care for the writer, or their story. In this case, many don't care for Taylor as a writer and feel he hasn't done a good job knowing the characters he writes. So it's a reason they won't bother with Red.

Writers AND editors at Marvel could stand to do better. Continuity is all over the place, and a mess at this point. Hopefully we're still just dealing with Alonso's mess, and C.B. will do much better after Alono's crap runs it's course.
    There's criticism, then there's just plain flaming the artist, and a lot of what I'm seeing is the latter. Mia's been voicing these "reasons" since issue 1, and every time they've been asked for what specifically they took issue with they've either clammed up, or muttered some vagary about the Liu book before slinking away again (my favorite was them citing Laura's "I guess I had a mother. I killed her. Meh." narration from the Liu book to attack the idea of Laura being emotional about apparently finding Sarah alive in the Facility bunker. Even though KYost THEMSELVES clearly established in NXM that this is a hot-button for her, and had Emma bring her to TEARS over it).

Yeah, I've criticized writers handling of the character in the past. I criticized Hopeless, not over mistakes or gaffes, (Yukio is close enough to Yuriko that I have no doubt it was simply an error that slipped through. For all we know it may not even have been his; it could easily have been the letterer who slipped up) but because he acknowledged his choices to ignore the character's history were DELIBERATE because it's the story he wants to tell, rather than allowing the character to drive the story.

Just like I don't criticize Wrath of Khan because Khan remembered Chekov even though Chekov wasn't in that episode. I DO criticize Discovery because they're DELIBERATELY ignoring continuity so they can do their own thing even though it's meant to be set in the Prime timeline.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 02-04-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

CRUEL AND UNUSUAL Part 1

• KITTY AND HER X-MEN GOLD TEAM ARE IN JAIL.
    • WHILE THEY’RE AWAY, WHO WILL PROTECT THE PEOPLE OF NYC?
    • READ ON, TRUE BELIEVER, TO MEET THE NEW X-MEN GOLD!

CRUEL AND UNUSUAL Part 2

• The NEW X-MEN GOLD are doing their best to protect people from the likes of The Shredded Man and other baddies...
    • ...but pretty soon a threat bigger than they can imagine will be on their doorstep.
    • Something has survived the Negative Zone, and it wants revenge.

CRUEL AND UNUSUAL Part 3

• SCYTHIAN has come to Earth to take vengeance on the X-Men!
    • But how can the X-Men save the Earth from a vengeful god while they’re stuck in prison?
    • Guest-starring a whole lot of other super heroes!

THE COUNTDOWN TO THE MUTANT WEDDING OF THE CENTURY!

CRUEL AND UNUSUAL Part 4

• It all begins here! But WHO is tying the knot? And can I bring a plus-one?
    • Also: The X-MEN in their final confrontation with an old foe, a fight that ends up costing RACHEL everything.
    • Plus… The evil alliance you never expected.

With cover & interior art done by a variety of creative contributors, over the course of those 4 issues.

Red of course, has Mahmud Asrar on the inside, and Travis Charest on the outside. Absently-minded forgot to mention this, on the previous page.
    If Gold has to protect people from the Shredded man, does that mean Rogue is bringing Synapse with her? Remember, Emily is the Shredded man's granddaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Even if the latter two are likely only temporary, even VERY brief, in Gold's case...

... MAKE YOUR CHOICE...

... and LET YOUR PREFERENCE(s) BE KNOWN!!!
    8D
    I love seeing all these covers together!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm looking forward to Gold the most cuz of Illyana and Armor, then Red for Jean, Namor and Laura.

But I'm still waiting out for X-Men Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition

Don't forget to pick up Venom and Venomized for the O5, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    But I'm still waiting out for X-Men Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition
    Aren't we all?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

They haven't sold me on any of them yet. But Gold leads... I guess... cuz Magik.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 02-05-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Red for Jean, and Blue once the Jeen comes back.