View Poll Results: Which are you most interested in?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red

75 40.32%
  • Gold

5 2.69%
  • Blue

3 1.61%
  • Red & Gold

7 3.76%
  • Red & Blue

44 23.66%
  • Gold & Blue

5 2.69%
  • All

12 6.45%
  • None

35 18.82%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    What would or maybe could, change that tho, ya think? What would need to be done different, in order to trip your trigger?
    I really want the alt characters and Wolverine clones to go. This has been my main issue with x-books for years now.

I just don't want to read about Jimmy Hudson, Bloodstorm, Ink, Glazed Nightblade, Daken, Honey Comb, Xorn and the legion of Kyle/Yost goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I really want the alt characters and Wolverine clones to go. This has been my main issue with x-books for years now.

I just don't want to read about Jimmy Hudson, Bloodstorm, Ink, Glazed Nightblade, Daken, Honey Comb, Xorn and the legion of Kyle/Yost goblins.
    hush, you demon

BANNED

Red, Bunn has been boring me for a while now, I can't just care about the young 05. Gold is hot garbage. Red is all I want right now.

BANNED

I really want the alt characters and Wolverine clones to go. This has been my main issue with x-books for years now. ...
    Gotcha, and can't say as I blame ya.

... I just don't want to read about Jimmy Hudson, Bloodstorm, Ink, Glazed Nightblade, Daken, Honey Comb, Xorn and the legion of Kyle/Yost goblins.
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    hush, you demon
    Literally LOL reading these, thank you both for the chuckle, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Red, Bunn has been boring me for a while now, I can't just care about the young 05. Gold is hot garbage. Red is all I want right now.
    Yikes! Whatta blistering condemnation. That title really does seem to have earned itself a bad rep.

BANNED

Red continues to get a positive reception:

ComicBook.com, Review: 'X-Men Red' #1 Is a Bold New Direction for Marvel's Mutants
    Jean Grey has returned to the Marvel Universe, and she is wasting no time in carving a path toward the future for the X-Men. ...

... In their first issue, Taylor, Asrar, and company present a story that has plenty of visceral energy and that seems interested in carving a new path for these characters rather than recapturing past glory.

That combination of big ideas and big action makes X-Men Red one of the boldest new X-Men comic in years.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Dazzler, Frenzy, Bedlam, Psylocke, Warpath and Bishop.

Somehow, More visually interesting and appealing that any of the actual books... Damn. Sucks.

This team so good. Maybe Illyana (Magik) belongs here instead of dazzler but even if not most excellent.

As far as the actual offerings... I voted none. Sad.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 02-06-2018 at 07:59 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Red i'm starting to warm up to the line-up.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Red and Blue, in no particular order. Gold has an interesting lineup, especially Magik, but Guggs will bland it to death like he has his entire run.

Red because I love that Jean's back and Namor's returning to the X-Men. I'm also a fan of Taylor from Earth 2, so it'll be nice to see how he does with an X-Team.

Blue because I love Daken, and Polaris could use the spotlight. Bloodstorm is growing on me, but that's probably because OG Storm is being so mishandled in Gold that it looks like any Storm love will satisfy me. Jimmy can f%&$ right off, though: how freaking boring and derivative can one character be?

As for Venomized, I dunno that I can go there, as it seems that the X-Men are tangential there, and I'm sick of symbiotes. Poison-X will try my patience enough.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I think one thing that doesn't really get mentioned enough with regards to the Blue arc, possibly bc not everyone on these boards is reading Blue, is that all the new characters are relevant long-term to the ongoing story (with the exception of Daken). Gazing Nightshade, Polaris, Xorn, Jimmy and Bloodstorm have all had a significant part to play in Blue and the story that this new arc addresses began its set-up in Blue's very first issue.

I will concede that it isn't a conventionally exciting team, like Gold's (which I'd love but fear won't be given a story that will do them justice), but it being part of a larger narrative is what makes it exciting. I'm not a fan of alt-characters, but Jimmy, as an alt character, has a purpose here. Bloodstorm may currently be a straggler, but Jimmy's status directly relates to the ongoing MotherVine and Ms Sinister plot. I even think the inclusion of Daken is to further develop Jimmy's character, who is similar to Daken but is currently suffering from memory loss. Everything seems to be tying together, which is what makes this arc most exciting for me.

I am, of course, also extremely excited for Red (I voted Red and Blue). But Red is starting its stories and its set-ups now, where as Bunn is getting an opportunity to give invested readers some serious pay-off. With the O5 gone, it'll momentarily feel like the most significant X-Book in my view, dealing with big, plot-driving, franchise characters- hopefully resolving situations with Emma, Havok, Bastion, Sinister, Magneto, Malice, Polaris and Xorn. Take the O5 goofiness out of Blue and you have an almost GoT-esque (hate this cliche but can't think of a better term lol) cast where there is a vast swathe of interesting, morally divergent figures whose character-driven motivations determine alliance and conflict, often in new, exciting ways. Now, of course, this all takes place in the background and in one or two off-panels here and there while the O5 are present, but with them gone I'm extremely excited to see the potential of this book.

BANNED

I'm interested in All.

I'm interested in all of them.

But most interested in whatever book Madrox will land in.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    What would or maybe could, change that tho, ya think? What would need to be done different, in order to trip your trigger?
    For me, it would be to change nearly their entire casts, and maybe I'd get excited.

And kill Daken & Ultimate Wolverine. Permanently.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Ultimate Member

Still hoping that Bunn doesn't make Alex even worse or kill him so that he can die and then Lorna not go crazy afterwards...not that she should if he were to die but she has in the past and I don't want Bunn to try to show that this time would be different if it happened...I just don't see Alex getting univerted or healed sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    For me, it would be to change nearly their entire casts, and maybe I'd get excited.

And kill Daken & Ultimate Wolverine. Permanently.
    I actually think the core casts work, but they all need tweaking. Agree on Ultimate Wolverine (Jimmy) and Daken. Don't need them on an X-men team. Same with Bloodstorm (oooh, I'm Storm...but a vampire). Plenty of cool characters out there who could fill those roster spots. Gold and Red could use a little fine tuning as well so they're not so lame. At least IMO.

Astonishing Member

I agree 100% with this post