View Poll Results: Which are you most interested in?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red

75 40.32%
  • Gold

5 2.69%
  • Blue

3 1.61%
  • Red & Gold

7 3.76%
  • Red & Blue

44 23.66%
  • Gold & Blue

5 2.69%
  • All

12 6.45%
  • None

35 18.82%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I agree 100% with this post
    Seconded.

And why bring in AU versions of character when the mainstream versions are still around & getting no development. Bloodstorm for example. Get her out, and start putting real Storm in a book as something more than background decoration.

Why add an AU son to the Wolverine line when we already had the actual son for Daken. Hell, we can go further and ask why add Daken when we already had Laura. Damn...
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-06-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I actually think the core casts work, but they all need tweaking. Agree on Ultimate Wolverine (Jimmy) and Daken. Don't need them on an X-men team. Same with Bloodstorm (oooh, I'm Storm...but a vampire). Plenty of cool characters out there who could fill those roster spots. Gold and Red could use a little fine tuning as well so they're not so lame. At least IMO.
    I'm interested in all of them, but have no real hopes or excitement about Gold seeing as Guggenheim is LITERALLY Wither (nearly every character he has touched recently has withered in some fashion). I'm looking forward most to Blue I think because it will wrap-up Mothervine, has a focus on Lorna (even though I cringe at Malice possessing her again), bring in Alex, and give BStorm more of a feature. I'm kinda bored with the O5 right now. Red's writing looks interesting, I'm personally not a fan of the artist as all the females look like they are 16 and the same, but overall I'm most excited about this book.

None. If Uncanny Avengers was on that list I'd have chosen it. UA is the best X-Book on the rack.

I choose Blue only. The rest don't interest me whatsoever. I'll wait for Wolverine to get his own book, and I hope he's just in two books his solo and a team book, preferably his own team (wishing thinking). Far away from his family and only have one good friend with him in his team. I still nominate Rogue, if not, I'll go with Jubilee and the rest can be bunch of C to D characters.

I'm still waiting for Cable to join a freaking team. :|

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm looking forward to Blue, however, the prospect of Havok potentially joining this team could seriously kill my excitement for that book.

I'll get Gold and Red, but i'm most interested in Red because I hope it's the book that brings Cyclops back

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I choose Blue only. The rest don't interest me whatsoever. I'll wait for Wolverine to get his own book, and I hope he's just in two books his solo and a team book, preferably his own team (wishing thinking). Far away from his family and only have one good friend with him in his team. I still nominate Rogue, if not, I'll go with Jubilee and the rest can be bunch of C to D characters.
    Lol that's exactly what Jean got, but the opposite of what her fans wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I'm still waiting for Cable to join a freaking team. :|
    You and me both, my man. You and me both...

Ugh. NONE! Way too many wolverines and alternate reality clones (even if it's an improvement over the teen O5) and characters I simply don't care about.

I like Jean and Magik despite the ugly costumes, I'm glad to see Rogue back in the X-books, I suppose Lorna & Kurt are ok, Iceman could use some rehabilitation given how unlikable he was in his solo... and I'm not against new or less popular characters getting a chance to shine but the ratio is just ridiculous.

I guess Gold isn't the worst but the cast was never the problem with this book. I'm afraid Guggenheim pulls another Kitty Sue with Illyana.

And Daken... tf? There'd better be some solid explanation for that one. I'm not sure about Namor either, didn't he go full-on villain before Secret Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I really want the alt characters and Wolverine clones to go. This has been my main issue with x-books for years now.

I just don't want to read about Jimmy Hudson, Bloodstorm, Ink, Glazed Nightblade, Daken, Honey Comb, Xorn and the legion of Kyle/Yost goblins.
    Who are Glazed Nightblade and Honey Comb? I'm afraid I don't get the reference.
    Definitely agree on the others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lutecius View Post
    Who are Glazed Nightblade and Honey Comb? I'm afraid I don't get the reference
    Blazing Lavender created by Cullen Bunn

Honey Nut Howlette created by Tom Taylor

Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 02-06-2018 at 02:43 PM.

I really want the alt characters and Wolverine clones to go. This has been my main issue with x-books for years now.

I just don't want to read about Jimmy Hudson, Bloodstorm, Ink, Glazed Nightblade, Daken, Honey Comb, Xorn and the legion of Kyle/Yost goblins.
    This is the best post in this thread. Enthusiasm is low for the x-line with all the au/clones running the show.

The past few years have completely neutered Storm as a character and an effective leader, and she'll remain so as long as she's stuck in Guggenheim's clutches. So in the meantime I'm glad to have Bloodstorm as an alternative.

Jimmy can gtfo once the Mothervine storyline ends though.

Blazing Lavender created by Cullen Bunn

Honey Nut Howlette created by Tom Taylor.
    Ah, thanks. I didn't know the former existed (I thought it was Blindfold on that cover) and I didn't know the latter was called that. Then we agree on the whole list.

Again, I'm not against new characters or D-listers. I understand that writers need to try new things, that they want to leave their marks and they don't have the same freedom with well-established characters... But with so many actual fan-favorites missing, 1. they should stick to one such experiment per team 2. they really need to stop with the Wolverine clones.

Not a Jean or a Wolverines fan. At the moment though im really iterested in Red.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

So this is the group of X-Men we have to look forward to reading about for the foreseeable future in team books not counting the minis and Exiles (not an X-book, right?);

JEAN GREY
    GENTLE
    NAMOR
    NIGHTCRAWLER (x2)
    WOLVERINE (LAURA)
    HONEY BADGER
    TRINARY
    GAMBIT
    MAGIK
    ICEMAN
    ROGUE
    ARMOR
    INK
    POLARIS
    JAMES HUDSON
    DAKEN
    BLOODSTORM
    XORN
    BLINDFOLD (???)

So odd... but, hey. It's happening. Red might be the best out of the three. That's a big roster though. I don't see too much character development getting spread around within 20 pages.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.