View Poll Results: Which are you most interested in?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red

75 40.32%
  • Gold

5 2.69%
  • Blue

3 1.61%
  • Red & Gold

7 3.76%
  • Red & Blue

44 23.66%
  • Gold & Blue

5 2.69%
  • All

12 6.45%
  • None

35 18.82%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    So this is the group of X-Men we have to look forward to reading about for the foreseeable future in team books not counting the minis and Exiles (not an X-book, right?);

JEAN GREY
    GENTLE
    NAMOR
    NIGHTCRAWLER (x2)
    WOLVERINE (LAURA)
    HONEY BADGER
    TRINARY
    GAMBIT
    MAGIK
    ICEMAN
    ROGUE
    ARMOR
    INK
    POLARIS
    JAMES HUDSON
    DAKEN
    BLOODSTORM
    XORN
    BLINDFOLD (???)

So odd... but, hey. It's happening. Red might be the best out of the three. That's a big roster though. I don't see too much character development getting spread around within 20 pages.
    It's not Blindfold. It's a Donut Steel from Bunn, something like Gazing Nightshade although I may be remembering the name completely wrong, with IIRC penance stare powers

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    It's not Blindfold. It's a Donut Steel from Bunn, something like Gazing Nightshade although I may be remembering the name completely wrong, with IIRC penance stare powers
    ..............what?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

So this is the group of X-Men we have to look forward to reading about for the foreseeable future in team books not counting the minis and Exiles (not an X-book, right?);

JEAN GREY
    GENTLE
    NAMOR
    NIGHTCRAWLER (x2)
    WOLVERINE (LAURA)
    HONEY BADGER
    TRINARY
    GAMBIT
    MAGIK
    ICEMAN
    ROGUE
    ARMOR
    INK
    POLARIS
    JAMES HUDSON
    DAKEN
    BLOODSTORM
    XORN
    BLINDFOLD (???)

So odd... but, hey. It's happening. Red might be the best out of the three. That's a big roster though. I don't see too much character development getting spread around within 20 pages.
    Yeah, I can see Gentle just sticking around in Red because:

1) He's a token black guy so Taylor doesn't get criticisms

2) He's Wakandan and Black Panther is coming out real soon (almost ties to #1)

3) He's their Strong Guy™ despite his mutation actively killing him in that form which Taylor seems to blatantly disregard

Astonishing Member

Could someone with twitter ask Taylor if Trinary can create machines or if she only controls machines? if she is only a technopath or if she is also a technomorph

BANNED

BLINDFOLD (???)
    Glaring Night-lamp

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Just replacing the odder choices, we could have had this instead;

Jean Grey
    Bishop
    Havok
    Nightcrawler
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Psylocke
    Dazzler
    Gambit
    Magik
    Iceman
    Rogue
    Kitty
    Archangel
    Polaris
    Logan
    Northstar
    Colossus
    Jubilee
    Storm

And that's leaving out some of my favorites like Cecelia Reyes, Longshot, Sage, Forge, Dr. Nemesis and Frenzy... I get Marvel wanting to usher in this "new era" of characters, but you can't just force things like this, and then get all dumbfounded, panic and reboot the line for the 2nd or 3rd time in a year. X-Men has a huge catalog of characters but there are only really about three dozen or so characters that people care about. And they care about those characters because, hey they're good. They've been built up over years and gained followings. Inserting obscure characters into prominent roles with "ok" at best writing is like shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly. Looking forward to Red but that's because its the best looking out of the bunch.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Glaring Night-lamp
    Her name is Gazing Nightshade. Stop being a dick about it

Your unfunny jokes are intentionally misinforming other posters

BANNED

^^^^

Found the Gazing Nightshade fan

^^^^

Hey you actually are capable of getting a name right. I thought it might be some disorder

Astonishing Member

I liked the unnamed mutants Bunn created in his Uncanny XMen run more than his madripoor kids including Gazing Nightshade. The acidic haze woman and the hair loss problem telepath.
    They were accidentally killed by Xorn during IvX.

BANNED

^^^^

No, you just found someone sick of the jerkassery, which there seems to be a lot of that going around.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 02-06-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Red, since I'm a Jean Grey fan and look forward to seeing her new role after her resurrection.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I had to look up who Gazing Nightshade is.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Gazing_...de_(Earth-616)

Her power is basically Penance Stare. RIP Galactus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

Dazzler, Frenzy, Bedlam, Psylocke, Warpath and Bishop.

Somehow, More visually interesting and appealing that any of the actual books... Damn. Sucks.

This team so good. Maybe Illyana (Magik) belongs here instead of dazzler but even if not most excellent.

As far as the actual offerings... I voted none. Sad.
    Au contraire, mon frère, I say thee NAY! Alison being there is like a prerequisite for me, naturally, and absolutely necessary to maintaining hype. While I like all the others to varying degrees, Magik too, NO Dazzler being there would basically only serve... to cut my enthusiasm, right off at the knees. 'Sides, her & Psylocke kinda have a thing:

... and go together like peanut butter & jelly, so it would make perfect sense. ;D

And tho I'm personally lookin' forward to Blue & Red, I wouldn't be opposed to some roster changes, to either or both of 'em.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-08-2018 at 04:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    I think one thing that doesn't really get mentioned enough with regards to the Blue arc, possibly bc not everyone on these boards is reading Blue, is that all the new characters are relevant long-term to the ongoing story (with the exception of Daken). Gazing Nightshade, Polaris, Xorn, Jimmy and Bloodstorm have all had a significant part to play in Blue and the story that this new arc addresses began its set-up in Blue's very first issue.

I will concede that it isn't a conventionally exciting team, like Gold's (which I'd love but fear won't be given a story that will do them justice), but it being part of a larger narrative is what makes it exciting. I'm not a fan of alt-characters, but Jimmy, as an alt character, has a purpose here. Bloodstorm may currently be a straggler, but Jimmy's status directly relates to the ongoing MotherVine and Ms Sinister plot. I even think the inclusion of Daken is to further develop Jimmy's character, who is similar to Daken but is currently suffering from memory loss. Everything seems to be tying together, which is what makes this arc most exciting for me.

I am, of course, also extremely excited for Red (I voted Red and Blue). But Red is starting its stories and its set-ups now, where as Bunn is getting an opportunity to give invested readers some serious pay-off. With the O5 gone, it'll momentarily feel like the most significant X-Book in my view, dealing with big, plot-driving, franchise characters- hopefully resolving situations with Emma, Havok, Bastion, Sinister, Magneto, Malice, Polaris and Xorn. Take the O5 goofiness out of Blue and you have an almost GoT-esque (hate this cliche but can't think of a better term lol) cast where there is a vast swathe of interesting, morally divergent figures whose character-driven motivations determine alliance and conflict, often in new, exciting ways. Now, of course, this all takes place in the background and in one or two off-panels here and there while the O5 are present, but with them gone I'm extremely excited to see the potential of this book.
    Pretty much sums up my feelings as well, and couldn't have said it better, so thank you very much. Agree with all, but this & especially THIS, in particular.