Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Falcon Picks Up the Shield in Remender & Immonen's "All-New Captain America"

Sam Wilson is Marvel's "All-New Captain America," in a new series set to debut this fall from writer Rick Remender and artist Stuart Immonen.

Full article here.

Ultimate Member

I still wish that it was Jet Black. This just seems like too obvious/cliché a move. At least it being Jet would have said something about Cap's character/ability to inspire people. Plus Falcon already has an established identity that he's done quite well in.

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

Alright, represent marvel! B-)

Was hoping to see a new Immonen drawn title now that's finished with All-New X-Men.

Steve Rogers lost his Super Soldier serum? I'm starting to understand now why people are always complaining about the Big Two being out of ideas. Just when I was thinking of possibly jumping into the Cap series, too, because some of my current books nearing their ends. Maybe I'll just stick with the indie titles instead.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

Incredible Member

While i dont forsee too many people flatout hating this i dont exactly see a ton of people loving it either because A. cap was already replaced not that long ago so it sort of feels like a retread and B. whilie i dont hate Remender like some do he's no Brubaker so i get the feeling no matter what he does his story will be seen as inferior compared to Brubaker's.

BANNED

I would have preferred either Black Panther, Iron Fist or Daredevil as the new Captain America.

Man, the Avengers keeps stealing the X-Books best artists.

Give me Patriot, Josiah X or Taskmaster.

BANNED

I like Falcon and I think that he'd probably make a decent Cap.

Physically, while he's not a super soldier of Cap's caliber, he does bring some unique skills to the table. From a story telling perspective, being Caps's occasional partner/sidekick makes him an obvious choice. However, that is itself a problem. While he might more accurately represent a changing face of America, I'm not sure that he has that same patriotic intensity possessed by Steve, Bucky, or even John Walker. I'm concerned that Sam might be able to be Captain America, but might not really be the larger than life symbol. That said, I feel that he'll make a decent Cap, but the road to becoming a GREAT one will be a bumpy ride.

Incidentally, from a design perspective, I feel that the costume is atrocious. It's way too busy. There's a little bit of Classic Cap, a bit of the Commander Rogers outfit, hints of Ultimate Cap, and a touch of the most recent Marvel NOW costume. From the neck up, his costume might as well be classic Falcon thanks to the missing helmet. Unlike the Bucky Cap design, this "Snap" Cap costume really doesn't have an identity all its own. Also, what genius decided to eliminate the iconic "A" from the design? Personally, I'm surprised that this whole thing got the okay from editorial. It's a confused & self-aware nightmare.

Well, why not just take another hero who already established an individual superhero identity and just subvert him to the will of the Great White Man? Geez, Bucky / Winter Soldier could get away with assuming Cap's identity since he had a questionable past while under the Soviets . . . Sam doesn't need a change of identities, and there were several others who would have been just as appropriate (if not more so) to take on the role of Captain America, even if only for a little while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Steve Rogers lost his Super Soldier serum? I'm starting to understand now why people are always complaining about the Big Two being out of ideas. Just when I was thinking of possibly jumping into the Cap series, too, because some of my current books nearing their ends. Maybe I'll just stick with the indie titles instead.
    Yeah...Same Here i was gonna get Thor#1(Still Considering it...)But I could just as well use that spot for Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood Ongoing(Read The First Volume It's better than You'd think from A T&A Based Publisher)

I don't know what's more pathetic, that they are doing another replacement Cap story less then 10 years after the last replacement Cap story or that there will be idiot speculators out there who think that this not so original gimmick will be permanent and worth lots of money.

I might just pick this up. I'm curious how Sam's going to handle this. When Dick took the Batman mantle he constantly adjusted the costume since his fighting style differed so much from Bruce. I would like to see this kind of adjustment period for Sam and see how he handles the shield.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I would have preferred either Black Panther, Iron Fist or Daredevil as the new Captain America.
    But Black Panther isn't american!!!111!!

:P

I like this, Falcon is worthy, but I don't like Remender, so yay? I don't like the costume.