Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I don't know about Remender, but I like the idea of Sam as Captain America. Surprised it didn't happen before, really.

I'm just wondering if they're going to streamline his story with his movie portrayal. I liked him as a veteran, and being a former pimp can't look good for his resume.

I sorry, but the Cap mantle isn't gonna make Falcon not boring. It might mask it for a bit, but come on. Plus i know they say he's a very different person but i don't see it. Ive never really saw him as having that different a personality to make this an interesting prospect to me. Whatever though. They had to do something i guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Steve Rogers lost his Super Soldier serum? I'm starting to understand now why people are always complaining about the Big Two being out of ideas. Just when I was thinking of possibly jumping into the Cap series, too, because some of my current books nearing their ends. Maybe I'll just stick with the indie titles instead.
    The most recent arc as pretty mediocre. However, if you DO insist on returning to Cap, do yourself a favor and read the whole "Dimension Z" story. It's a far out and crazy trip that's atypical for a Cap series, but so much fun.

BTW, I know that the reveal was obvious and telegraphed, but was anybody actually hoping that nuCap might have been Steve's adopted son Ian? While it might have been as obvious, almost like Dick or Damian taking over for Bruce as Batman, it might have been a whole lot of fun. Imagine that Ian, a stranger to this dimension, steps up to fill his father's shoes and defends world, a country, and a set of ideals that he doesn't fully grasp. THAT would have been a Cap story worth reading.

It's not like Ian's dead. We know that he's still alive. I wish that somebody would just pull on that hanging thread.

Hate the idea of Sam as Cap but I'll go with it just for Sam getting more exposure. And Immonen drawing?! **** yes. C'mon Captain Falcon!!

It makes me a little sad that with the exposure from the recent film and Sam Wilson's importance in helping add diversity into the industry is being regulated to the position of legacy hero. This is especially annoying considering the number of derivative/legacy/patriotic characters that could fulfil the role instead of the much more unique identity of Falcon.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

BANNED

I would love to follow FalconCap, but I'm going to need an entirely different writer to do so. Anyone know when Remender is leaving the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    I don't know what's more pathetic, that they are doing another replacement Cap story less then 10 years after the last replacement Cap story or that there will be idiot speculators out there who think that this not so original gimmick will be permanent and worth lots of money.
    I think it's more pathetic that Wolverine lost his healing factor just 8 or 9 months before Cap lost his super soldier serum.

I haven't touched the Remender run, but I may consider it when it's a buck an issue. I'm not a huge fan of Cap, never really was. This doesn't peak my interest much but I hope it gets others into it. I love Immonen's art, though. It's becoming a Marvel trend to add "All-New" to a book since the success of ANXM.

I do think it's kind of cool that he keeps his wings though.

Is Bucky busy or something?

Fantastic Member

Man, comic fans are such miserable people.

Can't wait for this. Remender is great so I have faith.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Is Bucky busy or something?
    he's got his own series as the winter soldier coming up

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    Give me Patriot, Josiah X or Taskmaster.
    Oh, man. That would be awesome. A Captain America that just wants to get paid. Whats more American then that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I would have preferred either Black Panther, Iron Fist or Daredevil as the new Captain America.
    A xenophobic Wakandan as Captain America seems like a great idea.

Did we already go through this with Brubaker's run? Is Marvel that out of ideas?

BANNED

They confirmed the obvious. The change will last until Avengers 2 same for Thor.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Did we already go through this with Brubaker's run? Is Marvel that out of ideas?
    Yes, and yes.

I suppose next up will be Iron Man? Any ideas already floating around as to who'll replace Tony?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES