Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Is Bucky busy or something?
    Yes, he's busy being fake dead. When he's not gonna be doing cosmic wet work.

Plus, honestly that story has been told. If Bucky remained Cap forever i would have been happy, but they ended it. Whats done is done. To retread that now would just be kind of dumb.

I'm sure for me and a lot of other people Steve Rogers will always be Captain America but if there's anybody out their (that's not Bucky) that is cool enough to pick up the shield in my eyes, it's Sam. So yeah i'm fine with it, I mean we all know it won't be permanent
    Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul, I swear... until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share -- I'll never stop fighting. Ever.
    -Superman, Action Comics #775

Ultimate Member

I don't really have a problem with this except that Captain America was replaced a couple of years ago.

It just seems that Marvel is drawing from that well too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    I would love to follow FalconCap, but I'm going to need an entirely different writer to do so. Anyone know when Remender is leaving the book?
    My best guess... he'll leave pretty much right after Steve gets the SSS back and becomes Captain America again. I think this is essentially Remenders story to tell. As soon as it's done, it'll be cancelled and we'll get a new Captain America issue 1.

All-New Member

So he's going to be Captain Falcon?

hidden05.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sillia View Post
    So he's going to be Captain Falcon?

hidden05.jpg
    And with that I am sold!
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

Now all we need is a gay iron man. He IS moving to Frisco... I mean come on ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by thethanosseed View Post
    We have a "Superior" Iron Man coming down the pike. What that means exactly I suppose is up to interpretation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    My best guess... he'll leave pretty much right after Steve gets the SSS back and becomes Captain America again. I think this is essentially Remenders story to tell. As soon as it's done, it'll be cancelled and we'll get a new Captain America issue 1.
    Yeah, that sounds about right.

It will be interesting to see if Falcon gets his shot at breaking the new Red Skull's jaw or worse, similar to Geoff Johns having Black Panther break Red Skull's jaw.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thethanosseed View Post
    I think the new armor looks kinda androgynous, so I guess anything's possible at this point.

I wonder if Sam is going to force Red Wing to wear a Bucky suit.

The thing is... I'm not 10 anymore. It matters to me who is in the costume, more than the costumes or the powersets themselves. I like Steve Rogers a lot more than just the 'Captain America' persona. Same goes for Tony Stark, Hank Pym, or Thor. I like Sam Wilson too, and it's nice to see him take the front line, but why couldn't they have put him forward as the Falcon? I think his powerset is cool enough, no need to discard it to give him someone else's. Now we get ongoings about Thor, but it's not Thor Odinson, one about Iron Man, but it's probably not really Tony Stark, one about Ant-Man, but... okay that one is fair, Lang is the current Ant-Man (but where's my Pym in all that???) and one about Captain America, but it's not Steve Rogers.

All this to say that I'm already missing those characters, you know, the ones we've grown to love under those superhero costumes... I guess I'm not good with dealing with change

All-New Member

You mean characters who almost never hang out with Captain America?

So I'm just gonna quote my post from the Brett White Thor article. basically, just replace the "Thor is a woman" argument with "Falcon is Cap".

See, my problem with this story is not that Thor will be a woman.

I'm not reading Thor, but it's been getting a lot of great reviews, so I have no doubt they can do something great with this new Thor storyline too.
    New female character? That's a great thing too!

My problem is that they're going for the 'main character gets replaced by someone else' gimmick.

Again.

They're doing the same thing in Captain America right now. Which they already did a few years ago when he died and Bucky took his place.
    They just did it with Superior Spider-Man. They just introduced a new Spider-powered Girl. And Spider-Verse will soon bring along a ton of Spider-Characters.
    They did it with Red Hulk.
    They did it with Fake Movie Nick Fury. (ok so I suppose he's a whole other kind of problem)
    They did it with...

Get my drift?

By now the Replacement Character trope is just getting stale because they do it to EVERYONE!!
    That said, I'm in just for Immonen.