Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    They confirmed the obvious. The change will last until Avengers 2 same for Thor.
    100% wrong.

Thor comes out in October. Cap comes out in November. Avengers 2 comes out in May.

They're not launching a series called All-New Captain America only to have it run for 5 or 6 issues. Nor would they do that with the new Thor comic.

I've been hoping and waiting for new writers and do-overs for both Cap and Iron Man. Then today happens.

Crap.

And people call DC gimmicky with their 3C covers. Yeah a woman Thor and Black Captain America aren't gimmicky lol.

In all seriousness though we all know this isn't going to stay. I said in the Thor thread male Thor would be back by the time Age of Ultron comes out and now this makes it seems even more so. No way is Marvel going to have 2 out of 3 of their trinity be different from the movie version. I can't help but feel like Marvel did this to Cap to possibly hint at Sam wearing the costume in Captain America 3 since as of now it is opening the same day as Batman v Superman.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    100% wrong.

Thor comes out in October. Cap comes out in November. Avengers 2 comes out in May.

They're not launching a series called All-New Captain America only to have it run for 5 or 6 issues. Nor would they do that with the new Thor comic.
    They don't have to relaunch Cap again (not that I'd put it past them), plus many books end up shipping 18+ issues a year. With Thor, as it is, God of Thunder's been selling decently but not gangbusters, while the other Avengers solos aside from Hawkeye have sold pretty poorly, and those are well-known, established characters. The female Thor book will probably pull the kind of numbers that cancelling after 6-8 issues makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post

BTW, I know that the reveal was obvious and telegraphed, but was anybody actually hoping that nuCap might have been Steve's adopted son Ian? While it might have been as obvious, almost like Dick or Damian taking over for Bruce as Batman, it might have been a whole lot of fun. Imagine that Ian, a stranger to this dimension, steps up to fill his father's shoes and defends world, a country, and a set of ideals that he doesn't fully grasp. THAT would have been a Cap story worth reading.

It's not like Ian's dead. We know that he's still alive. I wish that somebody would just pull on that hanging thread.
    I was still holding out hope that it would have been Ian. It would have made a far more interesting tale. I have nothing against the Falcon but Remender's characterisation of him has done little to peak my interest. Which sucks because Remender is a good writer (most of the time)...he just happens to do a lot of things that I dislike.

I doubt I'll continue reading after Sam takes on the role of Captain America. I don't really see the point of the book. I have no interest in a geriatric Steve Rogers, the only character I'd actually want to read about would be Ian who more than likely would be Sam's "Bucky".

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

While I'm not a fan of retreading Cap losing the serum again (this has to be the third or fourth time), or ye another Cap replacement (especially so soon after the last one), if it had to be anyone I'm glad it's The Falcon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    100% wrong.

agreed...besides look how long Superior Spider-man lasted they could keep them going for awhile

I have no problem whatsoever with Sam taking over for Steve. We all know it won't last, and he'll be back to being the Falcon in a year or two, so let's enjoy it while it lasts.

What I do question is the wings/shield thing.

I mean... Falcon's style is all about balance. He's more the 'swoop down and hit something using momentum' type, not the 'easily catch plummeting victim' type, or the 'Hawkeye's taxi' type.

Surely carrying a large, almost-flat disc, while flapping around is going to throw off his balance? It doesn't look very aerodynamic to me. Sure, when it's thrown... but not while being carried.
    I also have these terrible images in mind of him throwing the shield, and needing to franticly fly after it... but I'll wait until I see him in action a few times. Maybe he'll only use the shield when he's not flying.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

If anybody was going to replace Steve then Sam's a damned good shout.

It's just a shame that inevitably, much like Thor, this will last all of 15 minutes before we start the inevable build up for Avengers 2. Then everything will get switched back again.

Still if ever there were a time for sealing the hat-trick with a transgendered alien Iron Man? This is that window. Go for it, guys!
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Eh still doesn't feel right to me. I think falcon is already a strong character without the flag. This cap feels too forced in face for me to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Janobi View Post
    Eh still doesn't feel right to me. I think falcon is already a strong character without the flag. This cap feels too forced in face for me to enjoy.
    I agree 100%
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by Janobi View Post
    This is the exact reason, with Bucky it felt natural. With Sam...not so much.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    The female Thor book will probably pull the kind of numbers that cancelling after 6-8 issues makes sense.
    There is no logic behind this. That isn't a book they can just "cancel" and it's not going to do "the kind of numbers" you're talking about. The first few months will have strong numbers just based on the hype alone.

So who gets to be Falcon now?

How about Coulson?
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"