Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Cloverfield Paradox (Cloverfield 3) | Releasing TONIGHT on Netflix

With the 4th Cloverfield film already in post production, the third film (originally titled God Particle) has a planned release for TONIGHT (february 4th)

Superbowl TV spot:

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    With the 4th Cloverfield film already in post production, the third film (originally titled God Particle) has a planned release for TONIGHT (february 4th)

Superbowl TV spot:

This is the origin movie it appears. Someone released the creatures and it appears judging by the trailer , a scientist was warned to stop but wouldn't listen til his experiment seemingly opened a portal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

I guess we can thank the movie gods this isn't taking up valuable movie plex screen screen time and real estate.

The original movie was great. The sequel not so much. I'm enjoying this one so far.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    The original movie was great. The sequel not so much. I'm enjoying this one so far.
    You didn't like 2? I thought it was great.

Astonishing Member

I thought the sequel was awesome.

I didn't care for the ultra conservative no touching characterization of Goodman. I would have preferred if she just naturally assumed he was either crazy or lying about everything going on and when she finally beat him and got out side her skin melted off from the radiation.

Matt "peace out suckas"

This was awful

Don't waste your time
    We need better comics

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Like pretty much all space-station/space-ship movies it borrows way too heavily from Alien. And like 10 Cloverfield Lane it's not really a "Cloverfield" movie they just tack-on some stuff with alien monsters to try to make it a franchise. This movie was originally just going to be called "God Particle".

I really liked 10 Cloverfield Lane but this wasn't nearly as good, the only redeeming quality was Gugu Mbatha-Raw's performance.

It's definitely the weakest of the 3 movies but i still enjoyed it.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Y'all not getting it... JJ makes movies with open avenues.

In paradox it was explained that the experiment they we're conducting could smash holes in reality merging alternate universes together, which is where Jensen and the fake logs in Shimidts communications came from. If these little things can cross over then so can big things (such as the monster in the original Cloverfield movie but that's just a possibility, however makes sense seeing what was happening in Paradox). And just FYI I believe string theory suggests that there are an infinite amount of alternate universes so just because we know of two doesn't mean there aren't more. The monster in the 1st movie and the Aliens in the 2nd can be from one or two completely different universes or plans of existence. It was also explained that the incursions wouldn't be limited to present day but happen in all times at the same time. Paradox takes place BEFORE the first movie. It's the cause of the 1st and 10 Cloverfield Lane movies. �� Hence the word PARADOX. Heck, it's even possible that 10 Cloverfield Lane takes place in the 2nd universe they we're trapped in during most of the movie.

We're comic book people. This is easy for us. C'mon, now.

I liked it. It was interesting. Production was good other than the silliness of seeing the actress' make-up streak every time she cried. Haven't seen that happen outside of TV.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 02-05-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

How are we not getting it. No one has said anything about the plot really just that it was the weakest of the three.

Matt "peace out suckas"

How are we not getting it. No one has said anything about the plot really just that it was the weakest of the three.
    Wow... If you didn't say anything about the logic of the movie then that part of the post wasn't about you (the first short sentence). Didn't say it was stronger than either of the other two. Someone said "it was tacked on". Not entirely true. The name Paradox plays a big part of what the movie (s) is about. Your not being attacked.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member

We're comic book people. This is easy for us. C'mon, now.
    That's what I got out of it, but it also made me sad since I wanted to see an actual sequel. Not a bunch of loosely related concept movies that may or may not take place in a different multi-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    That's what I got out of it, but it also made me sad since I wanted to see an actual sequel. Not a bunch of loosely related concept movies that may or may not take place in a different multi-verse.
    Same. I wanted more of an explanation rather than a discussion piece. This may work better as a series. Waiting years in between movies is kind annoying, especially when they aren't very forthcoming with information.
    Guild Member