Thread: John Kent

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default John Kent

What's going on with the son of Superman? I'm hoping that DC isn't killing him off because that would be a big mistake IMHO.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think DC will be announcing plans for Jon Kent soon, his next appearance besides super sons is the Man of Steel mini series. No plans for him to die anytime soon though, so no need to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    What's going on with the son of Superman? I'm hoping that DC isn't killing him off because that would be a big mistake IMHO.
    They're not killing him off. Where he'll be seen most is rather up in the air at the moment, the likely idea being that he and Damian will feature on a young team title soon. But nothing's been confirmed at this point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

If Damian becomes Slade's biological son in Deathstroke issues 30-36.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byrant View Post
    While I doubt they're going that route, even if they do, he'll still be Robin and Bruce's son, much like he adopted the other Robins. A big part of the Robin identity is that Bruce is essentially a father figure to all of them.

Back on topic, I don't think Jon is going anywhere. He's one of their biggest successes in Rebirth. The only way I see it going poorly is if Johns has a plan for him in Doomsday Clock.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    While I doubt they're going that route, even if they do, he'll still be Robin and Bruce's son, much like he adopted the other Robins. A big part of the Robin identity is that Bruce is essentially a father figure to all of them.

Back on topic, I don't think Jon is going anywhere. He's one of their biggest successes in Rebirth. The only way I see it going poorly is if Johns has a plan for him in Doomsday Clock.
    You're right about the adopted father figure, but Jon is the biological son of Superman. If Damian isnīt biological son of Bruce, Super Sons will lost his escence.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byrant View Post
    I really hope they don't go that route.

Is there something to the theory or something?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El