Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default DC Zoom and DC Ink

DC Entertainment is going to be launching two new graphic novel imprints for younger readers.

DC Zoom will feature stories for middle school readers.

It's first novel will be DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis by Shea Fontana and Yancey Labat.

DC Ink will focus on young adult readers. Series falling under it will include:

- A Harley Quinn graphic novel by Mariko Tamaki and Steve Pugh.

- A Mera graphic novel written by Danielle Paige.

There will also be a Superman graphic novel by Gene Luen Yang titled "Superman Smashes the Klan" and a Super Sons graphic novel by Ridley Pearson.

I mean Mera is cool for all ages

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

- A Mera graphic novel written by Danielle Paige.

I'm so sold.

This is going to become so big, and is looking so good already, too. Superman Smashes the Klan is like the greatest title I've ever read. Also, Mera is such a fantastic place to start for the DC Ink line in 2018 with the Aquaman movie coming. I just hope we can get some Starfire and Raven books by 2019, with the Teen Titans Go! movie and the Titans show, it's the right time.

The other books sound pretty great, too. I'm already thinking of getting some of these for my little cousins. Also, with how big DC Super Hero Girls is, it makes sense for it to basically relaunch with this DC Zoom line. Hope we get some cute stuff there, I still feel like DC is slacking by not doing anything with Amethyst and Gemworld.

Edit: And now we have a Teen Titans series, with the first book focused on Raven, coming in 2019. Fantastic.
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 02-05-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Here's more books slated to be released under each imprint:

DC Ink:
    BATMAN: GOTHAM HIGH – Melissa de la Cruz (ALEX & ELIZA, BLUE BLOODS series, WITCHES OF EAST END series)
    BATMAN: NIGHTWALKER – THE GRAPHIC NOVEL – Marie Lu (LEGEND series)
    TEEN TITANS – Kami Garcia (BEAUTIFUL CREATURES series)
    UNDER THE MOON: A CATWOMAN TALE – Lauren Myracle (INTERNET GIRLS series, KISSING KATE)
    WONDER WOMAN: TEMPEST TOSSED – Laurie Halse Anderson (SPEAK and CHAINS)

DC Zoom:
    BATMAN TALES: ONCE UPON A CRIME – writer and artist: Derek Fridolfs, Dustin Nguyen (BATMAN: LI’L GOTHAM)
    BATMAN: OVERDRIVE – Shea Fontana (DC SUPER HERO GIRLS series)
    BLACK CANARY: IGNITE – Meg Cabot (THE PRINCESS DIARIES series)
    DEAR JUSTICE LEAGUE – Michael Northrop (TOMBQUEST series)
    GREEN LANTERN: LEGACY – Minh Lê (DRAWN TOGETHER)
    SUPER SONS – Ridley Pearson (KINGDOM KEEPERS series)
    SUPERMAN OF SMALLVILLE – writer and artist: Art Baltazar & Franco (TINY TITANS)
    SUPERMAN SMASHES THE KLAN – Gene Yang (AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER series, NEW SUPER-MAN), will be released as periodicals first, then collected

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Not a single book here that doesn't excite, me very interested in these, especially the super sons book.

Hopefully we get some racial and ethnic diversity in those books because so far that doesn't look to be the case
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Hopefully we get some racial and ethnic diversity in those books because so far that doesn't look to be the case
    Simon Baz in the promo and a GLs titles sounds promising. Also one half of the supersons is diverse [though you can't tell with how he's drawn] if not both halves.
    Hopefully Justice League will provide even more diversity.

Invincible Member

Baz is there in that promo art and obviously many of the titles will feature females.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Baz is there in that promo art and obviously many of the titles will feature females.
    I would also not be surprised if the books centered on white leads have a diverse cast of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Baz seems to be the only one. As for females, I'm happy we're getting more female led books but none of the announced ones qualify as racially/ethnically diverse.

Hopefully that JL book ends up being diverse but I wouldn't hold breath with DC's track record.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Baz seems to be the only one. As for females, I'm happy we're getting more female led books but none of the announced ones qualify as racially/ethnically diverse.

Hopefully that JL book ends up being diverse but I wouldn't hold breath with DC's track record.
    The Super Sons novel will be centered on an African princess.

You've also got the Kendra Saunders Hawkgirl in the promotional image.

I guess Minh Le pretty much told us who GL: Legacy will be about: https://twitter.com/bottomshelfbks/s...80888093450241

Astonishing Member

It might not be obvious and I'm not clear if he'll be part of the books somehow (or has one in the making) but that's Mayo "Sen/Sen1227" Naito's art in the promo.

Given the artist, that looks like two others of the Shazam Family along with Billy. IE The little Black Girl being Darla Dudley and the other boy possibly being Pedro Pena or Eugene Choi, but that artist is pretty well known on the internet for his love of Shazam (and family) so I may be reading too much into it.

I'd kill for a Shazam book with him on art, even if it's "only" a YA or kids book.