Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Meant with diversity.
    I'm still expecting these books to be very diverse even if quite a few of them have white leads.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    *finished that sentence for you.
    Well, if Jesus was included in one of these books, there would be one more diverse character...oh who am I kidding they'd totally whitewash him.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Well, if Jesus was included in one of these books, there would be one more diverse character...oh who am I kidding they'd totally whitewash him.
    For some reason this makes me think of a Huntress novel...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    All these books and all the diversity they have to show for it is dc superhero girls and an asian green lantern kid...

And out of those 15 books 9 of them features or centers on Batman related characters.
    Bruce Wayne is part Asian in Gotham High and Selina is Latina.
    Superman vs the Klan will have a diverse cast as will Super Sons.
    Harley is about activism
    Its largely women dominated and has women from different races as creators and this goes for men too.
    I haven't seen a DC line that pandered to liberals more than this.
    I'm sorry but just because it doesn't feature your favorite character doesn't mean its not diverse. Having creators who're not straight White males working on their biggest properties to reach new readership to me is a far better example of diversity than having a token monthly book with laughably bad sales that gets relaunched every 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    They probably make him a pale white guy with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Bruce Wayne is part Asian in Gotham High and Selina is Latina.
    Superman vs the Klan will have a diverse cast as will Super Sons.
    Harley is about activism
    Its largely women dominated and has women from different races as creators and this goes for men too.
    I haven't seen a DC line that pandered to liberals more than this.
    I'm sorry but just because it doesn't feature your favorite character doesn't mean its not diverse. Having creators who're not straight White males working on their biggest properties to reach new readership to me is a far better example of diversity than having a token monthly book with laughably bad sales that gets relaunched every 6 months.
    Turning Bruce asian instead doing a book about an asian character is not diversity.

Latina is not a race ...white Latinas are a thing.

Superman vs The Klan is still about Superman who is an alien but looks white, and has a token minority in a supporting role, I'm talking leads here.

Harley is white, I'm talking racial diversity.

Women are not a race, they are not even minorities in the United States since they make up more than half the population but they are oppressed, great to see women but it's obvious I'm talking racial diversity.

Racial diversity behind the scenes ...cool, but how about they translate that to inside the books.

Pandering ...liberals, now you're starting to sound like individuals I wouldn't bother wasting my time to engage with.

What does wanting diversity have to do with my favorite character... My favorite character in DC Comics and in all of comics is Batman, he's white and male and has a whole lot of shit already, I still want diversity.

Edit: Superman vs Klan actually has more than one minority and is seemingly centered on an Asian girl, this is one more book added to the diverse list yay for that.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-20-2018 at 12:30 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Turning Bruce asian instead doing a book about an asian character is not diversity.

Latina is not a race ...white Latinas are a thing.

Superman vs The Klan is still about Superman who is an alien but looks white, and has a token minority in a supporting role, I'm talking leads here.

Harley is white, I'm talking racial diversity.

Women are not a race, they are not even minorities in the United States since they make up more than half the population but they are oppressed, great to see women but it's obvious I'm talking racial diversity.

Racial diversity behind the scenes ...cool, but how about they translate that to inside the books.

Pandering ...liberals, now you're starting to sound like individuals I wouldn't bother wasting my time to engage with.

What does wanting diversity have to do with my favorite character... My favorite character in DC Comics and in all of comics is Batman, he's white and male and has a whole lot of shit already, I still want diversity.

Edit: Superman vs Klan actually has more than one minority and is seemingly centered on an Asian girl, this is one more book added to the diverse list yay for that.
    At no point did I say that women and Latinas' are races. You talked about DIVERSITY or lack of it, I gave you examples from both the stories and the creators behind these books. If you were more specific about your problems then that would be one thing but you're flat out questioning diversity of this line when diversity is its primary agenda and it shows in all decisions involved in the process of this line. The creative pool, the art styles, the characters, the target audience, the story content or subject matter, you name it. How is it not a promotion of diversity? and calling it a pandering to liberals (and Tumblr crowd) isn't wrong because it is and I didn't mean that as a negative either. Please grow some thick skin instead of trying to find people to confront.

And I never see you on the Batman boards so... but ok I wont question whose your favorite character anymore, not my place but Zoom and Ink are diversity driven agendas', there's no way around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    At no point did I say that women and Latinas' are races. You talked about DIVERSITY or lack of it, I gave you examples from both the stories and the creators behind these books. If you were more specific about your problems then that would be one thing but you're flat out questioning diversity of this line when diversity is its primary agenda and it shows in all decisions involved in the process of this line. The creative pool, the art styles, the characters, the target audience, the story content or subject matter, you name it. How is it not a promotion of diversity? and calling it a pandering to liberals (and Tumblr crowd) isn't wrong because it is and I didn't mean that as a negative either. Please grow some thick skin instead of trying to find people to confront.

And I never see you on the Batman boards so... but ok I wont question whose your favorite character anymore, not my place but Zoom and Ink are diversity driven agendas', there's no way around that.
    You should learn to pick up context clues in comments cause it was obvious what I was referring to, I was talking about specific diversity and while you didn't say women and latinas are a race, you brought them up to talk about diversity I was not referring to.

At the end of the day the crowd you say these books are "pandering" have not acknowledged it, the media (that is not comic related) which likes to give pats on the back and has for Marvel has not acknowledged this ...why b/c the diversity is behind the scenes which is what they want but you see with your eyes first and as you can see it's minimal ...that I don't even thinking knows how to promote diverse things.

Also what does thick skin have to do with you using words that usually have negative conations on this forum when in relates to diversity...

And I don't frequent the Bat boards, b/c I don't like any of the comics currently being produced.

In any case I'll be picking up the 2 books I previously mentioned and the Superman one and given them to my nephew.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

You should learn to pick up context clues in comments cause it was obvious what I was referring to, I was talking about specific diversity and while you didn't say women and latinas are a race, you brought them up to talk about diversity I was not referring to.

At the end of the day the crowd you say these books are "pandering" have not acknowledged it, the media (that is not comic related) which likes to give pats on the back and has for Marvel has not acknowledged this ...why b/c the diversity is behind the scenes which is what they want but you see with your eyes first and as you can see it's minimal ...that I don't even thinking knows how to promote diverse things.

Also what does thick skin have to do with you using words that usually have negative conations on this forum when in relates to diversity...

And I don't frequent the Bat boards, b/c I don't like any of the comics currently being produced.

In any case I'll be picking up the 2 books I previously mentioned and the Superman one and given them to my nephew.
    Diversity isn't specific though, specificity is kinda the opposite of diversity. I saw you you questioning diversity outright. So not sure what clues you were referring to. Now if you said that these lines should make efforts in the promotion and inclusion of LGBT, Arab, Black people then that would have been a far more understandable position. But outright saying stuff like " wheres diversity" basically is ridiculous because there is a lot of diversity here as that is the agenda.

They will acknowledge it when these books start rolling. The earliest 2 releases are coming out around November/December. Superhero Girls announcement didn't exactly get mass coverage either. Secondly there's no controversy here. DC isn't indulging in lame PR stunts that get a rise from their fans which in turn moth snowball in to pissing contests which in turn attract attention.

You can interpret pandering to Tumblr as negative. To me sometimes its negative and other times positive. Depends on the intent and execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They probably make him a pale white guy with blonde hair and blue eyes.
    I mean that sure is scandalous for today's sensibilities, but it could always be worse. They could make him a pedophile who wants to kill all infidels.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-20-2018 at 08:35 PM.

It is a conservative lineup and i wished they did think more outside the box than what they have already. A lot of lesser known minorities would have been ideal for this lineup because it would give them a chance to find an audience they wouldn't normally find in the mainstream line.

I also wished they used the legacy characters more but the appeal of seeing Bruce/Diana/Clark as kids makes sense. There is a reason why Smallville lasted ten years so I'm not that upset over that.

DC has provided release dates for all the announced boks from Zoom and Ink...https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...dc-ink-titles/

Upcoming DC Zoom titles include:

DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis by Shea Fontana – October 18th, 2018

Superman of Smallville by Art Franco and Baltazar – February 19th, 2019

Super Sons by Ridley Pearson – April 19th, 2019

Black Canary: Ignite by Meg Cabot – May 19th, 2019

Dear Justice League by Michael Northrop – May 19th, 2019

Batman Tales: Once Upon a Crime by Derek Fridolfs and Dustin Nguyen – July 19th, 2019

Batman: Overdrive by Shea Fontana and Marcelo Di Chiara – August 19th, 2019

Green Lantern: Legacy by Minh Le – October 19th, 2019

Superman Smashes the Klan by Gene Luen Yang (TBD released monthly).
    Upcoming DC Ink titles include:

Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass by Mariko Tamaki and Steve Pugh – September 18th, 2018

Mera by Danielle Page – November 18th, 2018

Under the Moon: A Catwoman Tale by Lauren Myracle – February 19th, 2019
    so fall of this year will see the first of them with the rest of the releases staggered through fall of 2019.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I mean that sure is scandalous for today's sensibilities, but it could always be worse. They could make him a pedophile who wants to kill all infidels.
    They would have turned him into Roy Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They would have turned him into Roy Moore?
    Either him or the guy from that other religious text.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-24-2018 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    DC has provided release dates for all the announced boks from Zoom and Ink...https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...dc-ink-titles/

so fall of this year will see the first of them with the rest of the releases staggered through fall of 2019.

-M
    Looks like 2019 is going to be an exciting year .