Default Composite Gorilla vs. Jupiter Gorilla

Cuz why not.

1. Composite Gorilla Character vs. Jupiter Gorilla
    2. Stacked Composite Gorilla Character vs. Jupiter Gorilla

--

Anything remotely "Gorilla" applies for the composite.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Jupiter Gorilla got stacked speed, right? Even with Speed Force empowered Grodd, he still probably gets blitzed. What the composite needs is some sort of default intangibility. Someone's got to have written a ghost gorilla into a story, right?

If the Composite can survive the blitz (which is a big if) the GLC has a space gorilla in their ranks, so they can transmute, and JLApe Grodd actually got stronger the more ape minds was around, so the Composite can just shut Jupiter down.

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Would the ghost from the Gorillaz count?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Would the ghost from the Gorillaz count?
    It's a fictional gorilla, so ... yea actually.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It's a fictional gorilla, so ... yea actually.
    I'm not that familiar with the Gorillaz mythos, so I've never been entirely clear on if they are some sort of ape species or just kinds ugly humans.

But yeah, I think if he Del counts, you've either got A) Composite starting intangible or B) a ghost capable of possession inhabiting its body which can pop out and finish Jupiter off even if the host body dies.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Composite Gorilla Character gets JG.

Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Composite Gorilla Character gets JG.

I would imagine that, in the interest of avoiding a obvious curbstomp (unless composite gorilla is so much below JG that JG stomps it, in which case eh...), JG wouldn't count as part of the composite.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

It's mildly amusing.

Composite needs to have something like 100% intangibility in order to stand a chance here. Otherwise he gets blitzed and exploded with ridiculous ease.

Sadly, since this is in the arena, even JG can't use his ridiculous speed and intellect to whip up some wonky sci-fi device to deal with that.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's mildly amusing.

Composite needs to have something like 100% intangibility in order to stand a chance here. Otherwise he gets blitzed and exploded with ridiculous ease.

Sadly, since this is in the arena, even JG can't use his ridiculous speed and intellect to whip up some wonky sci-fi device to deal with that.
    Well, with the sensory acuity and precision of gorillas to the power of N, could he pull a Mister Majestic and basically manually transmute matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well, with the sensory acuity and precision of gorillas to the power of N, could he pull a Mister Majestic and basically manually transmute matter?
    ...I have no idea. We're getting into an area that I figure requires comic book feats to prove.
    Why are we here?

Incredible Member

Didn't DC comics go ape one time and the whole JLA turned into apes? And Jules Swartz was known to order out an ape story when a writer ran dry on ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Didn't DC comics go ape one time and the whole JLA turned into apes? And Jules Swartz was known to order out an ape story when a writer ran dry on ideas.
    Post Crisis JLA stats won't make a difference though. Not for raw power. Jupiter Gorilla is getting into PC Superman territory. You need some kind of attack that bypasses raw durability, which admittedly Gorilla Kyle Rayner could do. Even a normal telepathic assault might not work against the combined mental resistance of Infinite apes, unless we are in a Infinity times zero is still zero situation.

However, that same JLApe story you referrenced was ultimately a plan for Gorilla Grodd to utilize the new apes across the globe as a psychic battery, among him to the point he could maul the Martian Manhunter. So he can basically use the very power of Jupiter Gorilla's mind(s) against Jupiter. Provided he survives the Jupiter blitz.