Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What kind of villain would you like to see?

I would like to see a villain that's related to Poison Ivy but is her total opposite. I keep thinking it would be cool if she had a son she abandoned and said son grew up to be like a cybernetic technopath that just hated nature and was committed to making the Earth into a lifeless massive machine. The reason I like this idea is Ivy is shown to hate humans and men especially so it would be fun to see a character that is her reverse but exists because she ultimately created him like it comes out she abused and or neglected him and ultimately abandoned him as a child and he grew up to just hate her and his hatred evolved into a hatred of nature and became a drive to ascend into what he saw as a perfect being through machines. One of the reasons I like this idea is that it takes everything Poison Ivy claims to be about and slaps her in the face especially if said villain basically wanted what she wanted but with machines and not plants and I just love the idea of Batman or some other member of the Bat Family being there to point out to her that she ultimately created a villain that is her worst nightmare since I imagine a planet with nothing but machines would terrify her.

At the same time I like this idea for a Batman villain becomes I can see this villain making arguments like "Machines do not make mistakes they enforce and represent order at it's purest where as nature is cruel, fickle, incapable of love, and has only created a crime ridden world unworthy of salvation." and it would be interesting to see Batman face a villain as cold and logical as he himself can be and at the same time I think a character like this would make for a good arc especially if it centered around Poison Ivy.

BANNED

A new one.

Meaning not in any way at all a new, updated version of an old one, or linked to an old one. This would include him/her not being yet another evil version of Batman.

They'd never let Ivy be old enough to be the mother of an adult (or teen) son. Though she did grow the rapidly growing Sporelings. Redwood, Harvest and Grimley from the comics were her creations or people who stole her creations and turned on her.

In the early 90's, she did have an antagonist called Allergent who was allergic to flora, pollen etc. and was out to kill her. It would be interesting to see him return.

When it comes to non Ivy related villains, I'd like to see the Court of Owls and the old money Gotham families developed further, including older woman who are part of the Court.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    They'd never let Ivy be old enough to be the mother of an adult (or teen) son.
    Isn't Ivy like in her thirties at least? I know Bruce has to be in his forties and I think that would also put Catwoman in her forties or at least thirties as well. Considering Ivy has been around since Dick was Robin I have to figure Ivy's already pushing 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Isn't Ivy like in her thirties at least? I know Bruce has to be in his forties and I think that would also put Catwoman in her forties or at least thirties as well. Considering Ivy has been around since Dick was Robin I have to figure Ivy's already pushing 40.
    The New 52 had deaged her to 23-24 I believe. Rebirth Ivy is probably older than that but still in her late 20's or early 30's.

Does age even matter for Ivy anymore though? Anyhoo it sounds like you want to see a Graydon Creed with Ivy.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-05-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    A new one.

Meaning not in any way at all a new, updated version of an old one, or linked to an old one. This would include him/her not being yet another evil version of Batman.
    I agree that we need these also. They are the life-force of Batman comics; after all, Poison Ivy and Mister Freeze were new once.

I prefer new, updated versions of established villains. Batman has over 500 villains; some have potential...but their creator did not have another chance to write them and the following writers wanted to create their own villains. This is wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    A new one.

A very good explanation. I understand. But the writers, they don't....!

More villains/gimmicks/themes base off of exaggerated versions of mental disorders and complexes.

There was the Condiment King and Simon the Pieman. Perhaps create other villains based on foods like bananas, apples, bread, cake. But they should avoid things like chow mein
    or pizza because of racial and ethnic stereotyping.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I would like to see a villain that's related to Poison Ivy but is her total opposite. I keep thinking it would be cool if she had a son she abandoned and said son grew up to be like a cybernetic technopath that just hated nature and was committed to making the Earth into a lifeless massive machine. The reason I like this idea is Ivy is shown to hate humans and men especially so it would be fun to see a character that is her reverse but exists because she ultimately created him like it comes out she abused and or neglected him and ultimately abandoned him as a child and he grew up to just hate her and his hatred evolved into a hatred of nature and became a drive to ascend into what he saw as a perfect being through machines. One of the reasons I like this idea is that it takes everything Poison Ivy claims to be about and slaps her in the face especially if said villain basically wanted what she wanted but with machines and not plants and I just love the idea of Batman or some other member of the Bat Family being there to point out to her that she ultimately created a villain that is her worst nightmare since I imagine a planet with nothing but machines would terrify her.

At the same time I like this idea for a Batman villain becomes I can see this villain making arguments like "Machines do not make mistakes they enforce and represent order at it's purest where as nature is cruel, fickle, incapable of love, and has only created a crime ridden world unworthy of salvation." and it would be interesting to see Batman face a villain as cold and logical as he himself can be and at the same time I think a character like this would make for a good arc especially if it centered around Poison Ivy.
    This is a fun idea! Batman & Superman have kids, why can't the villains? Poison Ivy with a teenage Metalhead*, who she thinks is just in a rebellious phase. But he's like Damian if he went the other way -- he really does want everything to be machines. He wants order and efficiency instead of his mother's chaotic version of order with nature.

*or a better name

I think the best "new" villain remains Professor Pyg. Felt like Court of Owls was too hokey and that Dr. Hurt was the better version of the secret society enemy. Masks and dollotrons could have worked for Black Mask or Mad Hatter, but adding the butcher theme to him gives Pyg a fresh feel.

Thinking of rogues, Batman doesn't have a particularly good fire villain besides Firefly. Maybe something like a villain version of Etrigan the Demon, a shapeshifter who can become a demon and control hellfire. Batman's costume mimics a devil as much as it does a bat, so there could be some fun in having a devil-themed villain.

More unique/revamped villainous villainesses please.

Past Harley and Poison Ivy, we don’t have nearly as many classic female foes compared with andro adversaries.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    More unique/revamped villainous villainesses please.

Past Harley and Poison Ivy, we don’t have nearly as many classic female foes compared with andro adversaries.
    Agreed. 10 characters

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    There was the Condiment King and Simon the Pieman. Perhaps create other villains based on foods like bananas, apples, bread, cake. But they should avoid things like chow mein
    or pizza because of racial and ethnic stereotyping.
    Ever read On Market Street by Arnold Lobel?

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

A totally sane villain,with no gimmics or a gimmic that it's not based on madness.I would love to see a crime boss who isn't a masked villain.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius