Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Rebirth Era--How Many Will Get to 50 Issues?

Well, we've already guessed which titles would be canceled first. Now, with the first titles of the Rebirth era reaching issue #40 I thought I'd ask: how many titles, and which ones, do you think will reach 50 issues?

As a point of reference, 12 New 52 titles got there:

ACTION
    DETECTIVE
    SUPERMAN
    BATMAN
    WONDER WOMAN
    The FLASH
    GREEN LANTERN
    AQUAMAN
    GREEN ARROW
    JUSTICE LEAGUE
    BATGIRL
    CATWOMAN

What do you think?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Depends on how many titles will get renumbered like Superman in the summer. If they felt the need to relaunch that title, I can't imagine they will keep the number on books like flash and green arrow.

that's a great point. the superman relaunch caught me completely off guard (if it was an open secret, i totally missed the memo).

but, since we're getting fairly close to the 50-issue mark on most of the rebirth titles and i haven't heard much about a massive marvel-esqu relaunch initiative i'm going to assume anything that's not predestined for the chopping block will get there.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

About 12 Titles, not counting the ones that will relaunch and then reach 50 issues. (Superman, Action Comics, Justice League, Titans?, Teen Titans?)
    Aquaman
    Batgirl
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Green Arrow
    Green Lanterns
    Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps
    Harley Quinn
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad
    The Flash
    Wonder Woman

Edit: Adding "Supergirl" to the list of titles that I think will reach 50 issues.
    Last edited by DamianWayne1; 02-12-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianWayne1 View Post
    About 12 Titles, not counting the ones that will relaunch and then reach 50 issues. (Superman, Action Comics, Justice League, Titans?, Teen Titans?)
    Aquaman
    Batgirl
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Green Arrow
    Green Lanterns
    Harley Quinn
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad
    The Flash
    Wonder Woman
    Action isnt Relaunching- Its just taking a 3 month Hiatus and going Monthly

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Action isnt Relaunching- Its just taking a 3 month Hiatus and going Monthly
    Okay, thanks. After that correction, Action will also reach 50 issues in its current iteration.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I was thinking about this. I figured they would do something around issue 50 or 52.

There do seem to be a lot of changes coming around May which is that time.

But I don't think anything will really change .
    We know Superman is getting renumbered but I think that's an isolated thing because of Bendis
    And it's not even reaching 50. It's ending at 45. Which is weird.

As said Batman is reaching 50 and I'm sure will go further as King isent going anywhere and the marriage is just the beginning.

Justice League might be the only other one ending before 50 because of the big shake up with No Justice and Snyder.

Flash is not ending around there either as the big Flash event Flash War is just starting in issue 47 and will probably go for a few issues.

The only other ones I could say maybe ending around there is Green Lantern and Wonder Woman because I suspect they will have a shake up soon as well.

But we'll have to wait until the May solicits come out later this month to know for sure .

Why do we have to start over on ANY numbering???? Why can't they just leave things alone.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Aquaman
    Batgirl
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Green Arrow
    Green Lanterns
    Harley Quinn
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad
    The Flash
    Wonder Woman
    You think Batgirl has a better chance of reaching 50 than Supergirl?

Extraordinary Member

I doubt that any of the monthly books will make it to 50, because I don't think that the Rebirth Phase will last that long.
    I suspect it will End after Dooms Day Clock, and by that time these books will still be in the 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    You think Batgirl has a better chance of reaching 50 than Supergirl?
    Well, actually, now that you point that out, I'd say their chances are about even. I think they'll both probably be relaunched before that point though. Thanks for pointing that out.

Well, actually, now that you point that out, I'd say their chances are about even. I think they'll both probably be relaunched before that point though. Thanks for pointing that out.
    No offense to Batgirl. It's just that so far Supergirl sells better. That could change in the future, 50 is a ways off, but just going by current numbers and that they may want a companion to the TV show.

We know that Batman will reach #50, since it's the mariage issue. Nightwing should probably reach that too, possibly RHATO and Deathstroke (depending of any change in the teams for those books. I could see Priest pushing Slade up to 50 at least, and Lobdell is doing an awesome work with the Outlaws, so I hope it'll keep going). Batgirl and BOP could also reach it, if their base remains strong.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    We know that Batman will reach #50, since it's the mariage issue. Nightwing should probably reach that too, possibly RHATO and Deathstroke (depending of any change in the teams for those books. I could see Priest pushing Slade up to 50 at least, and Lobdell is doing an awesome work with the Outlaws, so I hope it'll keep going). Batgirl and BOP could also reach it, if their base remains strong.
    Priest was spotted at a marvel retreat recently so I worry they’ll snag him before Deathstroke can get that far but let’s hope that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Priest was spotted at a marvel retreat recently so I worry they’ll snag him before Deathstroke can get that far but let’s hope that is not the case.
    He was writing Inhumans Once and Future Kings at the same time as Deathstroke. Doing a marvel book doesn't stop him from doing both, especially since he will be off the twice monthly Justice League soon.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.