Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    If I want a book, I'm buying it, not because it's a number one issue.
    Couldn't that work both ways? Meaning if you want a book, you're buying it, not because it's number 782? If the number doesn't matter in one case does it matter in the other?

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    You think Batgirl has a better chance of reaching 50 than Supergirl?
    Well, actually, now that you point that out, I'd say their chances are about even. I think they'll both probably be relaunched before that point though. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianWayne1 View Post
    Well, actually, now that you point that out, I'd say their chances are about even. I think they'll both probably be relaunched before that point though. Thanks for pointing that out.
    No offense to Batgirl. It's just that so far Supergirl sells better. That could change in the future, 50 is a ways off, but just going by current numbers and that they may want a companion to the TV show.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    No offense to Batgirl. It's just that so far Supergirl sells better. That could change in the future, 50 is a ways off, but just going by current numbers and that they may want a companion to the TV show.
    I'd agree on that, though it has seemed that Supergirl has been boosted by that variant artist for a few months. I don't blame people though, that art is gorgeous. Almost made want a print copy and I don't even read it!

Well, the first REBIRTH-era titles are reaching #45 now. Which ones will get to 50?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

We've seen solicits up to #51 for several titles, sooo...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    Well, we've already guessed which titles would be canceled first. Now, with the first titles of the Rebirth era reaching issue #40 I thought I'd ask: how many titles, and which ones, do you think will reach 50 issues?

As a point of reference, 12 New 52 titles got there:

ACTION
    DETECTIVE
    SUPERMAN
    BATMAN
    WONDER WOMAN
    The FLASH
    GREEN LANTERN
    AQUAMAN
    GREEN ARROW
    JUSTICE LEAGUE
    BATGIRL
    CATWOMAN

What do you think?
    I think most you listed are safe but there are a lot of disclaimers...

Catwoman is just now starting and we can't predict 50 issues forward when we haven't seen #1 yet.

Action and 'Tec use different numbering but neither Rebirth arc/team made it to 50. That's already done.

Likewise we already know that Justice League will be renumbered after today's #43 so JL didn't make it. Same goes for Superman.

Batgirl hasn't sold that well but a lot of that was on the creative team. Same goes for Green Arrow to a lesser extent. Either of these titles could end before 50 though I doubt it.

The ones left standing are Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, GL, and Aquaman.

By GL I assume you mean Hal & the GLC. Doesn't seem to be in any danger. Aquaman isn't in danger. Flash isn't in danger. Wonder Woman seems safe no matter how bad it gets.

And I fully expect DC to let Tom King tell a 100 issue arc on Batman as he's planned. I hope it goes much longer than that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

Batgirl hasn't sold that well but a lot of that was on the creative team. Same goes for Green Arrow to a lesser extent. Either of these titles could end before 50 though I doubt it.
    Green Arrow is at #39 and in March it was still selling a little above the 20K range. It's definitely gonna hit #50. Batgirl on the other hand is about to drop below 18K and is only up to #21. I don't see it getting to #50 at all, but it's also far more likely DC will relaunch the book rather than cancel it.

By GL I assume you mean Hal & the GLC. Doesn't seem to be in any danger.
    Vendetti announced he's leaving at #50 and it's possible a new GL book will be taking its place, rather than just a new creative team.

Aquaman isn't in danger.
    It's definitely gonna hit #50, but it isn't selling too much better than Green Arrow at this point.

Batman
    The Flash
    Green Lanterns
    Hal and Pals
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Green Arrow
    Harley Quinn
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad
    Deathstroke?
    Teen Titans?
    Titans?

And on the topic of reboots, I think it was a pretty good idea to relaunch Superman and Justice League. They both feel like they're going to be wholly separate from the previous series.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Batman
    The Flash
    Green Lanterns
    Hal and Pals
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Green Arrow
    Harley Quinn
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad
    Deathstroke?
    Teen Titans?
    Titans?

And on the topic of reboots, I think it was a pretty good idea to relaunch Superman and Justice League. They both feel like they're going to be wholly separate from the previous series.
    I could see the top five reaching 100 maybe. Batman definitely will I think since Tom King is writing 103 issues. Will probably relaunch after he finishes though.

Astonishing Member

I can see the titles that will reach issue 50 within six months, unless they are involved in a big event like Justice League is, getting to that milestone.

After that I can see DC relaunching at least the Green Lantern books. Sale figures for those aren’t great, and and Robert Venditti leaving Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, the benefits of starting a new production team with a new run and the higher interest issue 1’s tend to get make sense from a business perspective. It’s also the perfect opportunity to retool them and redistribute the many characters. John Stewart and Jessica Cruz are in Justice League, but that leaves Hal (who will lead a Green Lantern title, no doubt about it), Guy, Kyle and Simon, not to mention the Corps.

Well, we have come to our first 50th issues so here's where we are so far:

ACTION COMICS
    BATMAN
    DETECTIVE COMICS
    GREEN LANTERNS

I'm including Action & Detective because they're both numbered over 50, and they're not going anywhere at any rate.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

And for next week we have Flash #50 and Wonder Woman #50.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Action retained it's numbering, so it will make it, however #1000 was only the 44th issue in Rebirth. #1006 will be the 50th issue.

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps is ending... on issue 50. So that one just barely made it.

Detective #934 was the first Rebirth issue, and #983 is the latest one, so it's actually just reached 50 issues.

Harley Quinn is on #45, so that's guaranteed to reach #50 as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Batman- Reached #50
    Tec- Reached #50 at #983
    Action- will reach #50 at #1006
    Green Lanterns- Reached #50
    Flash- Reaches #50 Next Week
    Wonder Woman- Reaches #50 Next Week
    Hal Jordan- Will reach #50- Final Issue
    Green Arrow- New Creative Team- Will Reach #50 minimum
    Nightwing- Will definitely reach #50 (its going twice monthly again in September)
    Titans- Will probably reach #50 - Its also going Twice Monthly in September
    Harley Quinn- Will reach #50
    Aquaman- Will probably reach #50
    Suicide Squad- Will probably reach #50

Thats more than reached it in the New 52