Default Head of the Demon: RA'S AL GHUL appreciation

Many Alpha Heroes have that one villain. Not the common Polar-Opposite Arch-Enemy, but the rarer Remote Evil Overlord.

Luke Skywalker has the Emperor.

Wonder Woman has Ares.

Superman has Darkseid (or, perhaps more accurately, Mongul).

And since 1971, Batman has had Ra's al Ghul.

Any other fans of The Demon's Head?

Which version is your favorite?

Mine is probably the B:TAS version.

I love Ra’s Al Ghul! I don’t know which version would be my favorite outside of comics, I think I like every one I’ve encountered, he has had some cool showings in other medias

2BA95CC0-0F4F-45DC-8A96-70B8EAA51098.jpg
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Empty is thy hand!

As a kid, I grew up being a megafan of James Bond and Batman: The Animated Series, so Ra's hits that sweet spot for me. Apparently Chuck Dixon is as big a fan of 007 as I, and he weaved the same kind of supervillain sensibilities seamlessly into Batman. The majority of his appearances in the comics are always big favorites of mine and the way Morrison explored Ra's al Ghul's legacy really struck a chord and helped everything else in his run fall into place for me. I even love Ra's' being the first villain in Nolan's movie trilogy; the clever sidestepping of the mystical elements, and the casting of one of my favorite actors Liam Neeson ("father figure" in so many films) in a way that makes sense. I enjoy almost all of his incarnations, but the BTAS version of Ra's is probably my favorite and The Demon's Quest two-parter is probably the best hour of the whole series run.

BANNED

Racer Cool is cool

Favorite Live-Action Ras Al Ghul (LARAG)?

LARAG 1 - Liam Neeson, in BATMAN BEGINS feature film

LARAG 2 - Matt Nable on ARROW tv show

LARAG 3 - Alexander Siddig on GOTHAM tv show

Mine is still Neeson, but I haven't seen Siddig yet.

Mighty Member

Siddig is my favorite, but damn if Gotham wasted him after a promising start.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Siddig is my favorite, but damn if Gotham wasted him after a promising start.
    Yeah, it seemed like they were prepping him up to be this major player and threat in Gotham and...then he easily goads Bruce into killing him.

Ra's Al Ghul is my all time favorite Batman villain.

I was first introduced to Ra's via Batman the Animated Series and initially I didn't care for him. Villains like the Joker, Two-Face, the Scarecrow, the Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze and etc were the ones who piqued my interest. But as I got older, everything that makes Ra's who he is began to click for me. The fact that Batman has to approach Ra's differently from every other standard Batman rogue, the fact that the relationship between Batman and Ra's has a shade of gray to it, the fact that Ra's matches Batman in practically every category and etc is what made Ra's the top Batman villain for me. Now when I go back to watch the Batman Animated Series episodes that feature Ra's, I wished more was done with him.

from Detective Comics Annual #2 (1989)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Many Alpha Heroes have that one villain. Not the common Polar-Opposite Arch-Enemy, but the rarer Remote Evil Overlord.

Luke Skywalker has the Emperor.

Wonder Woman has Ares.

Superman has Darkseid (or, perhaps more accurately, Mongul).

And since 1971, Batman has had Ra's al Ghul.

Any other fans of The Demon's Head?

Which version is your favorite?

Mine is probably the B:TAS version.

Mine too. David Warner will always be the voice I hear in my head for Ra's

I always found Ras' insistence on shirtless duels to be memorably hilarious on multiple levels: