Default Emma and Black Bolt, end of Mothervine story redemption or the final blow?

What do you think of the fact that the O5 will not be part of the final arc involving mothervine drug, Emma, Havok, Miss Sinister and Bastion? Can we say that what Emma is about to do is equal to what BB did when he released the inhuman mist?

I've been thinking about it and it seems that the consequences of IvX still affect the X-books at least with regard to Emma.

It's strange that after all the confrontation with Emma during SE involving the O5 they will be left out of the story. It is also a fact that with the exception of SE Tie-In with the O5 in other recent issues in Blue, Jean Ressurection and Jean Solo the stories have portrayed Emma more as an ally.

But now we are reaching the end of the main arc with Emma that has been planned a while ago involving the alliance with two classic X-mens enemies.

At first glance thought it was to give a new breath to the comics since the same will happen with Gold. But this also seems to involve unfinished things between Polaris and Havok (perhaps the Axis effects finally end at the end of the story) or Xorn and Emma.

However I noticed something else the story have a great resemblance to the release of the inhuman mist that caused DoX, IvX and of course the death of Cyclops and the fall of Emma returning to her origins as villain or something between the two extremes for some.

There is much debate about whether or not BB knows the effects of the mist would have on mutants involving older stories like with Pietro during the decimation. However, everyone knows that BB took advantage of the Thanos attack to release the mist on purpose without raising suspicions and that the Inhumans hid the fact that the mist can cause the death of a small number of humans who could not survive the transformation in Inhuman.

And now we have Emma in the same position. Her motives are simple to understand she wants to increase the number of mutants on the planet and at the same time mutants that already exist will gain a new mutation becoming more powerful. What do not know is if Emma knows the process has flaws as we have seen in Blue and can kill or harm whoever is exposed to the drug? Whether she is being fooled by Miss Sinister or Bastion or knows about the risks is something we are going to discover but does not change the fact that she is doing exactly what the Inhumans did some time ago and which caused many deaths including Cyclops and generated so much hatred in her that she would deceive her allies.

Marvel has the habit of doing this kind of thing is not the first time they use a character who criticized or condemned the actions of another only to later
    the first commit the same sin.

So you people think this is really marvel's intention? Make Emma become the same type of monster she condemned ? In the end will we have the redemption or would it be the final blow in Emma?

I think you're reaching a lot with this one. The situations are completely different, and it'll be completely WTF for me if they relate the two on the story. And it's canon that Black Bolt didn't knew what the mists would do, and they actually revealed on the Inhumans book that they were only toxic to mutants in the first place cause Maximus sabotaged them somehow. It's probably a big plot hole, yeah, but that's current Marvel for you lol.

He and Medusa still deserve the blame though for not doing somethig to stop it as soon as it was known that it killed mutants. Instead, they "killed" "Cyclops".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think you're reaching a lot with this one. The situations are completely different, and it'll be completely WTF for me if they relate the two on the story. And it's canon that Black Bolt didn't knew what the mists would do, and they actually revealed on the Inhumans book that they were only toxic to mutants in the first place cause Maximus sabotaged them somehow. It's probably a big plot hole, yeah, but that's current Marvel for you lol.

He and Medusa still deserve the blame though for not doing somethig to stop it as soon as it was known that it killed mutants. Instead, they "killed" "Cyclops".
    there are mutants who died in Son of M and PADs X-Factor from being exposed to the terrigen mists by Quicksilver

Abyss, Fatale and Reaper got repowered by the mists, but it was also going to kill them in minutes, so Abyss hid them and themselves in the brimstone dimension (he has a portal in his chest), and they were stuck there for years until All New XFactor. Now they are depowered again.

So you think it's a coincidence?

I do not know Marvel has been doing this for some time. It's some kind of poetic justice they do not make the characters pay for their mistakes with arrest but through arcs of redemption causing them to suffer.

Let's see Steve criticized Stark for the creation of the Illuminattis but ended up joining them a little later and paid the price for it.

Clint pointed an arrow to Cyclops's head saying that he was responsible for Xavier's death only to kill Banner in Civil War II.

BB was not arrested for his crimes against the mutants but remained trapped for weeks or months on his solo being tortured.

Medusa gained a mysterious illness.

Namor and BP helped in the death of an entire planet and then their kingdoms suffered a similar fate.

Cyclops wanted a revolution and ended up as a mutant version of Hitler.

I do not know what's going to happen to Emma but it does not seem to be coincidence she's about to do something very much like what BB did .
    Last edited by Knives; 02-05-2018 at 11:58 AM.

BANNED

Well, she may have the same 'punishment' as BB and Medusa had. I mean, they were called heroes and beautiful. ¬¬

I just don’t think they know what they’re doing. Bunn probably wanted to do mothervine and had to add Emma on because the X-office wants her in Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    So you think it's a coincidence?

I do not know Marvel has been doing this for some time. It's some kind of poetic justice they do not make the characters pay for their mistakes with arrest but through arcs of redemption causing them to suffer.

Let's see Steve criticized Stark for the creation of the Illuminattis but ended up joining them a little later and paid the price for it.

Clint pointed an arrow to Cyclops's head saying that he was responsible for Xavier's death only to kill Banner in Civil War II.

BB was not arrested for his crimes against the mutants but remained trapped for weeks or months on his solo being tortured.

Medusa gained a mysterious illness.

Namor and BP helped in the death of an entire planet and then their kingdoms suffered a similar fate.

Cyclops wanted a revolution and ended up as a mutant version of Hitler.

I do not know what's going to happen to Emma but it does not seem to be coincidence she's about to do something very much like what BB did .
    You're putting too much faith in Marvel. Most of these are porbably coincidences, yeah. And I just don't see the connection on Emma/Black Bolt.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

He and Medusa still deserve the blame though for not doing something to stop it as soon as it was known that it killed mutants. Instead, they "killed" "Cyclops".
    Never mind anyone that died, but Black Bolt has always known that ALL Terrigenesis potentially kills. Black Bolt had no right whatsoever in releasing a mutagenic substance on the public. Every single "NuHuman" out there should want to lynch him for the horror he inserted into their lives... except the ones that are going to get off on the abuse of power. Every nation on Earth should demand Black Bolt's execution for this terrorist act.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Never mind anyone that died, but Black Bolt has always known that ALL Terrigenesis potentially kills. Black Bolt had no right whatsoever in releasing a mutagenic substance on the public. Every single "NuHuman" out there should want to lynch him for the horror he inserted into their lives... except the ones that are going to get off on the abuse of power. Every nation on Earth should demand Black Bolt's execution for this terrorist act.
    I agree but most people think it was an accident due to Thanos attack. When Karnak tried to tell the truth most of the heroes did not believe him they thought he was crazy . Only members of the royal family of the Inhumans and some Inhumans (and readers) know the truth. Technically BB has diplomat status can not be arrested without authorization from New Atilan as strange as it may be.

Even so Emma is about to do the same thing and confess this is freaking me out.
    Last edited by Knives; 02-06-2018 at 07:11 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I agree but most people think it was an accident due to Thanos attack. When Karnak tried to tell the truth most of the heroes did not believe him they thought he was crazy . Only members of the royal family of the Inhumans and some Inhumans (and readers) know the truth. Technically BB has diplomat status can not be arrested without authorization from New Atilan as strange as it may be.

Even so Emma is about to do the same thing and confess this is freaking me out.
    Well, if they could get him on terrorism (or even act of war), it should nullify any diplomat status.

The fact is that Black Bolt did know what he was doing was horrible. He just might not have known how horrible.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Black Bolt knew what Terrigen does to mutants. He and Medusa saw Unus the Untouchable die. (Unus was years later resurrected with no explanation in Spiderman and the X-Men)

img fotografia