Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I really don't know what to think of "The People vs. Justice League." It's honestly kind of boring, and feels like more of a primer for future stories, rather than an interesting and engaging story on it's own.

Also, just have to say WTF to the kiss at the end. So out of left field and pointless.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Big 4 thing was annoying as hell.
    It's important to remember that this is stated from Simon's point of view. Some writers use characters to express the writer's view, but some remember they are expressing the character's view. This story is about friction in the Justice League over leadership, who sets priorities, and so on. I'm not surprised that Simon - new to both the League and to superheroing (and belonging to a marginalized demographic as a civilian) - might see a hierarchy at play .

Not sure how I felt about Aquaman's deep sea camo suit. Felt random and out of nowhere.
    I'm with you on that. I'm not getting a clear sense on when this story takes place relative to other things going on in the DCU right now.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

BANNED

That whole ending scene was just very strange to me. It felt less like Batman being voted out of the Justice League, and more like a high school quarterback being kicked off the Varsity team. Complete with locker, duffel bag, casual clothes and a teenager's haircut. Maybe that was the intention? IDK. Weird.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CryNotWolf View Post
    That whole ending scene was just very strange to me. It felt less like Batman being voted out of the Justice League, and more like a high school quarterback being kicked off the Varsity team. Complete with locker, duffel bag, casual clothes and a teenager's haircut. Maybe that was the intention? IDK. Weird.
    I think it's a forced vacation. He mentions he'll be back in a few weeks. So it kind of is like a varsity athlete being put on suspension. Poor guy needed a break.

Extraordinary Member

Ha! So, basically Batman just appoints spoilers:
    Victor
    end of spoilers as a parting snub to Superman so he doesn't take over? Wow, so spoilers:
    Vic
    end of spoilers has gone from serving no purpose to being a pawn in a game of petty team politics.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

When is the great Pete Woods returning to draw the Justice League?! Please come back, Pete.
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    When is the great Pete Woods returning to draw the Justice League?! Please come back, Pete.
    I think in two issues. From what I remember, he's schedulled to draw that last three issues of this run.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I really don't know what to think of "The People vs. Justice League." It's honestly kind of boring, and feels like more of a primer for future stories, rather than an interesting and engaging story on it's own.

Also, just have to say WTF to the kiss at the end. So out of left field and pointless.
    Agreed on both points. First, I think it's meant to set up where DC is going with Doomsday Clock with a potential civil war. They're making people trust the heroes less and less. And as for the kiss...yeah, WTF. I don't like it for Cruz's character, I don't like it for Batman at all (he's engaged!) That, on top of him being petty to Supes....Not a good look for Batman this week. Does the "forced vacation" mean we'll get a Batman-less JL next issue?
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

So Cyborg referrs to himself as a founding member. So where was he during that flashback that had J'onn?

I don't think the flashback featuring J'onn had any specific timetable attached to it. The way it was presented, it wasn't set in stone that what we were seeing had to be the first, founding incarnation. So its likely that this was just a period where J'onn joined and Cyborg had left.

The plan is probably to keep the founding as it is, and just say after a while Cyborg left to join up with the Teen Titans and really grow into his role being so significantly younger than the rest of the League at the time, and working with a team more in his age group. At this time J'onn joined. Eventually Vic came back.

Also, here's another thought. Jessica isn't Jessica in this issue, or maybe this entire arc. Jessica is J'onn. HE'S not kissing Bruce, he's telepathically communicating his identity and whatever job he's doing right now that requires the ruse. Hence "This is going to be complicated".
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-09-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't think the flashback featuring J'onn had any specific timetable attached to it. The way it was presented, it wasn't set in stone that what we were seeing had to be the first, founding incarnation. So its likely that this was just a period where J'onn joined and Cyborg had left.

The plan is probably to keep the founding as it is, and just say after a while Cyborg left to join up with the Teen Titans and really grow into his role being so significantly younger than the rest of the League at the time, and working with a team more in his age group. At this time J'onn joined. Eventually Vic came back.

Also, here's another thought. Jessica isn't Jessica in this issue, or maybe this entire arc. Jessica is J'onn. HE'S not kissing Bruce, he's telepathically communicating his identity and whatever job he's doing right now that requires the ruse. Hence "This is going to be complicated.
    I really hope this is true.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

Also, here's another thought. Jessica isn't Jessica in this issue, or maybe this entire arc. Jessica is J'onn. HE'S not kissing Bruce, he's telepathically communicating his identity and whatever job he's doing right now that requires the ruse. Hence "This is going to be complicated".
    I would agree, but didn't Scott already bring J'onn back in Metal? What you are saying makes a lot of sense, and I hope this is the case.

I'm always amazed how two people can read the same issue and have 180 views on it. IMO this whole run has been horrible. Boring isn't a strong enough word.

Good to see Vic's tech so vastly expanded. Remember when he used to have to swing around on a cable he shot from his wrist, like a big metallic Spider Man?

He also briefly had his human form somewhat restored during the original Crisis tie in issues by S.T.A.R. Labs ( with the ever-so-lovely Jenet Klyburn).
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Ricard

So, is priest run on JL canon?