Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Justice League #38 Preview/Discussion

cool to see Cyborg using his Vic Stone guise. but again he's been downgraded. in his own book he is able to rearrange his appearance to not just look like his regular human self but also physical body. he even rearranges his density so he doesn't weigh as much as a metallic cyborg.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-05-2018 at 04:09 PM.

I'll have to find that Priest Justice League thread.

In any case, the article brings up a good point, while I have stated that Priest run is good for foundation, the run may have always been about foundation, a foundation for why we even have 4 teams in the No Justice.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

One question..

In the past... Vic was always a cyborg? I mean... The option of one human form was not avaliable.. no?

This was something new introduced in cyborg serie.. no?

AFTER SEE HIM AS HUMAN AGAIN... I WANT TO KNOW THIS..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-06-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Good issue, one that looks to have some consequences going forward. I was shocked by what happened between Jessica and Bruce at the end.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Always Rakzo

This was quite good. Priest can even make transition chapters look solid, great character work that makes the cast more human than ever and even includes exciting scenes like Barry's effort to survive.

Appropriate art as well, shame this run won't last.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    Good issue, one that looks to have some consequences going forward. I was shocked by what happened between Jessica and Bruce at the end.
    I'm not that shocked...obviously a fake-out/potential diversionary tactic.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This should be the big Justice League launch pad title, not the other event thing that's coming.

This book is rad.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-07-2018 at 09:24 AM.

BANNED

Big 4 thing was annoying as hell.

Jessica/Bruce thing was annoying as hell. Honestly what's up with hooking up Jess with characters that have something established outside the title. I remember when Hitch did it with Barry, Allen was with Patty at the time. Currently Bruce is with Selina. They can't have interactions with the character without turning her into a romance object. Hell the two logical people there two would be Simon or Vic. Not Barry and Bruce.

Not sure how I felt about Aquaman's deep sea camo suit. Felt random and out of nowhere.

I don't get how the fan is such a threat.. how is Vic honestly having technological problems with some random human guy who just happens to have an obsession with the league.. how's this guy hacking anything with Vic and Bruce being there.

I feel like this entire issue nothing really happened I'm missing the character progression.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    One question..

In the past... Vic was always a cyborg? I mean... The option of one human form was not avaliable.. no?

This was something new introduced in cyborg serie.. no?

AFTER SEE HIM AS HUMAN AGAIN... I WANT TO KNOW THIS..
    Its a projection. Which I believe he could do in the past. There was also a teen titans episode where he used rings to change what people saw as well.

Honestly this just ruined everything. It was gross. Jessica and Bruce both deserve better.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I suspect a LOT of this issue wasn't what it seemed, and at least one character isn't WHO they seem - Superman and Aquaman suddenly change to old suits (something we know The Fan is all about), and Bruce/Jessica isn't just odd, but legitimately out of nowhere with no setup in the run to the point where it feels deliberately bizarre (maybe The Fan ships them?). I feel like Priest's setting up some weird rug-pulls on who's who and who's entirely in control of their actions, as opposed to just throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks.
    Buh-bye

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I fully expect the Bruce/Jessica thing to be some kind of fakeout or trick. However, it really irritated me - seems like the editors are letting writers get away with shipteases all the time now, and it's not enjoyable.

I'm fully in the tank for Priest on this run, but this issue was a really mixed bag for me. I loved the Flash rescue stuff, and the League trying to collect itself was really great - Diana and Victor's scene was very well done, and Jessica putting Batman in a snowglobe was amazing. But then the "kiss," and it's just annoying and unnecessary.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I didn't read the comments, but I just have to say wtf did I just read...

Jessica and Batman, no ...no thank you. I don't even ship Batcat anymore but I'm wondering do other books not count anymore, when did this take place etc.

Priest is so lucky he is a good writer, b/c right now I'm just laughing in shock ...like why, and why even this character no offense to Jessica fans.

And this may just be me trying to rationalize this but maybe that wasn't Bruce, maybe that was The Fan, although Bruce and Jessica seemed to be together all throughout the issue ...oh god my eyes, tell me I did not see what I thought I saw maybe she was whispering something or transferring something with her mouth, omg I think I sound crazy right now.

I trust you Priest but at same time I wanna go on your blog ask about this particular moment that you probably don't even answer.

Anyway, I liked everything else, and I liked Priest trying to explain spped force in space to bring some rationality to it and I have to wonder if there was subliminal messaging going on, it was mentioned the big 3 and Barry count as the Justice League and everybody else equates to the minor league, I wonder if the main Justice League book after No Justice is gonna have those 4 members along with Martian Manhunter and some other heroes instead of the big 7.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    And this may just be me trying to rationalize this but maybe that wasn't Bruce, maybe that was The Fan, although Bruce and Jessica seemed to be together all throughout the issue ...oh god my eyes, tell me I did not see what I thought I saw maybe she was whispering something or transferring something with her mouth, omg I think I sound crazy right now.
    I DO like batman-catwoman and this only gets an eyebrow raise from me because there HAS to be something else going on. It's too out of the blue, and I can't imagine an artist avoiding a better shot of a kiss, so something else has to be happening there and I wouldn't be surprised if there were clues.

It doesn't even really look like a kiss the more i look at it, unless she's kissing his chin. No head tilts (side or back or forwards). Lantern ring very apparent on her hand next to his head. This looks more like she had to get her ring next to his temple and their heads reasonably close - her ring is will related right? (my understanding of green lanterns is shaky at best) They just spoke earlier about how her ring's power related to his "acceptance as a state of mind" overcoming the cold, and referencing that the Fan has a very strong will.... That HAS to be related, doesn't it? Can she somehow bolster his will? I know there is mind alteration abilities and telepathic abilities related to the green lantern ring.