Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I don't know... Leviathan (and the LoA) feels bigger than Batman to me (even if they are mostly constrained to the Batbooks, which I find kind of stupid), so I think it's fine for this thread to be here.
    By the way, if you want a lot of inking for The Silencer, Sandra Hope keeps uploading videos of her work on the comics : https://twitter.com/inkmonkeyhope
    That's pretty cool to see the inking process! Thanks for the link.

I agree that the League is a global concept, so seeing it in more books makes sense. Definitely more than inventing ANOTHER secret organization.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

I don't know... Leviathan (and the LoA) feels bigger than Batman to me (even if they are mostly constrained to the Batbooks, which I find kind of stupid), so I think it's fine for this thread to be here.
    By the way, if you want a lot of inking for The Silencer, Sandra Hope keeps uploading videos of her work on the comics : https://twitter.com/inkmonkeyhope
    Will she also continue after Romita's departure?

I Understand what you're saying but Leviathan is for now firmly rooted in Batman's world. Its not a big complain or even a complaint. Just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That's pretty cool to see the inking process! Thanks for the link.

I agree that the League is a global concept, so seeing it in more books makes sense. Definitely more than inventing ANOTHER secret organization.
    I would probably hire the Silencer for a comics featuring a war between the LoA and Intergang. But we shouldn't talk about it out loud, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Will she also continue after Romita's departure?

I Understand what you're saying but Leviathan is for now firmly rooted in Batman's world. Its not a big complain or even a complaint. Just an observation.
    I've asked her on twitter just now, we'll see if she answer. And yeah, I agree that the LoA is firmly rooted into the Batman mythos but... wait a minute, you know what... Why couldn't we have another appreciation thred for Honor Guest up there ? I mean, there is two threads for SM/WW, one in each of their respective forum so, why not Honor, right? It wouldn't be unheard off, after all (I really need to stop with those terrible puns!).

Edit : another (rough) piece of art from Bogdanovic. Spoilers in the link !

https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...84564305506304
    Last edited by Korath; 02-13-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Fantastic Member

The first issue sold terribly...

65 30.61 $2.99 DC Silencer (2018) 1

I would probably hire the Silencer for a comics featuring a war between the LoA and Intergang. But we shouldn't talk about it out loud, eh?

I've asked her on twitter just now, we'll see if she answer. And yeah, I agree that the LoA is firmly rooted into the Batman mythos but... wait a minute, you know what... Why couldn't we have another appreciation thred for Honor Guest up there ? I mean, there is two threads for SM/WW, one in each of their respective forum so, why not Honor, right? It wouldn't be unheard off, after all (I really need to stop with those terrible puns!).

Edit : another (rough) piece of art from Bogdanovic. Spoilers in the link !

https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...84564305506304
    Oh, wow, that spoiler in the tweet is pretty exciting!

Also, yes, keep it down in here! See thread title

I mean, if you want to start a thread in the Batman forum, it's got more posters, I think, but I thought I'd probably get booted if I stuck it there, so I just stuck it here, in the safe place. Quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post

I'm not convinced that's "terribly." It's not great, but it's 1) zero boost from variants (which I think are considered likely between 10-20% of sales, and I think that's often much higher for a #1), 2) It's selling completely on the creative team and word of mouth. So I think it has a much higher floor than the typical launch; 3) It doesn't have the artificial boost of BATMAN (or any of the big three) or BATMAN WRITER SCOTT SNYDER on the cover. So, I am disappointed that it's selling less than Damage, but I'm waiting until issue 2 to proclaim that it's a failure.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Personally if a book manages to catch and then hold my interest and if I thoroughly enjoyed it, as I did this particular one, then it ain't a failure to me even if it sells horribly and ends up cancelled. I'm actually far more interested in these more experimental type books with new or lower tier characters even though they likely will not last over most of DC's usual fare. I may like Batman, Superman and those guys but Damage, Silencer, Sideways, the Terrifics etc. are just far more appealing to me these days.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Personally if a book manages to catch and then hold my interest and if I thoroughly enjoyed it, as I did this particular one, then it ain't a failure to me even if it sells horribly and ends up cancelled. I'm actually far more interested in these more experimental type books with new or lower tier characters even though they likely will not last over most of DC's usual fare. I may like Batman, Superman and those guys but Damage, Silencer, Sideways, the Terrifics etc. are just far more appealing to me these days.
    Pretty much. I think that, as long as I've enjoyed those books and that I know that those characters are still out there, doing their stuff, I'll be happy even if their series are cancelled. Then, writers will at least have foundations to understand the characters in there and use them elsewhere, if they wish so.

I'm still pretty much a Batman/Batfamily fan, and I really enjoy what's going on in the Rebirth main titles. But I do think these kinds of titles are vital to keep the world expanding and bring more complexity, which allows the main titles to pick up those characters, ideas, and organizations later without feeling completely "made up for this story!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post

I didn't read Silencer till last night and the number of rack copies at the LCS since last Wednesdays shipping date were approximately around ten. Damage on the other hand had only 2 copies left. I have no idea what the pull box count on either of these titles is but the shelf count could be indicative. Too bad because it's a great comic. Maybe WOM will pickup for this this title. My only Grinch was the preview for Immortal should have been more pages of Silencer.

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    I didn't read Silencer till last night and the number of rack copies at the LCS since last Wednesdays shipping date were approximately around ten. Damage on the other hand had only 2 copies left. I have no idea what the pull box count on either of these titles is but the shelf count could be indicative. Too bad because it's a great comic. Maybe WOM will pickup for this this title. My only Grinch was the preview for Immortal should have been more pages of Silencer.
    Haha. I do wish we had those two extra pages - but I appreciate that DC is taking more care with their paper quality and trying to keep costs low, even with these new launches. That's gutsy behavior, and I want to reward that.

I'm still pretty much a Batman/Batfamily fan, and I really enjoy what's going on in the Rebirth main titles. But I do think these kinds of titles are vital to keep the world expanding and bring more complexity, which allows the main titles to pick up those characters, ideas, and organizations later without feeling completely "made up for this story!"
    Oh, don't get me wrong I am still pretty much a Batman/Batfamily fan. It's just right now the only two real Bat titles I'm reading are Batman and RHATO*. The others either failed to keep me interested and were dropped or they were never of interest to start with for one reason or another. I still love the characters and at some point a time will come when I'll be back to reading most of the Bat titles again. That time just isn't right now.

*(I'm still reading Teen Titans and Super Sons because that's where Damian is right now but neither of those are Bat books.)

Silencer (and the rest) are just really clicking with me in a way that the majority of the Bat titles are not right now.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh, don't get me wrong I am still pretty much a Batman/Batfamily fan. It's just right now the only two real Bat titles I'm reading are Batman and RHATO*. The others either failed to keep me interested and were dropped or they were never of interest to start with for one reason or another. I still love the characters and at some point a time will come when I'll be back to reading most of the Bat titles again. That time just isn't right now.

*(I'm still reading Teen Titans and Super Sons because that's where Damian is right now but neither of those are Bat books.)

Silencer (and the rest) are just really clicking with me in a way that the majority of the Bat titles are not right now.
    I'm glad that you're joining us in the Silencer fan thread, then!

I liked everything about the book to be honest. Honor's power seems interesting and I love that she has a "normal life". I just hope that her family, who obviously are unaware of her past as an assassin, don't end up paying the price for it. I'm so tired of characters being fridged as a way to motivate the protagonist its not even funny. I like her husband and son and really would rather they stick around. I think there's a lot of story potential there.

I liked everything about the book to be honest. Honor's power seems interesting and I love that she has a "normal life". I just hope that her family, who obviously are unaware of her past as an assassin, don't end up paying the price for it. I'm so tired of characters being fridged as a way to motivate the protagonist its not even funny. I like her husband and son and really would rather they stick around. I think there's a lot of story potential there.
    I'm so with you there. I'd like to see her husband and son become aware of her past and current threats, but not have to become badass - but instead just support Honor, and help her get back to her normal that she loves with them.

I'm so with you there. I'd like to see her husband and son become aware of her past and current threats, but not have to become badass - but instead just support Honor, and help her get back to her normal that she loves with them.
    I would love to see that too. It would be something different from the norm and I'd be all for that.