Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think it really was the foil cover. I really loved that incentive on the main covers, and a TON of them sold out, when it's usually the variants I see selling out. We'll see if the bump gives us another couple thousand for November, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    People are crazy... Not that I'll complain that the NAoH books saw a bump sale but... come on, almost the triple of the usual sale for Brimstone, and basically a third more buyers for issue 10 ? Are special covers really that important ?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    People are crazy... Not that I'll complain that the NAoH books saw a bump sale but... come on, almost the triple of the usual sale for Brimstone, and basically a third more buyers for issue 10 ? Are special covers really that important ?
    They're really pretty! I had to struggle mightily to avoid buying books I normally don't buy just for the covers. I mean, if you're buying physical books, a large part of it is you like the look and feel of the physical book. The foil is a fun, unique thing - and a large part of why I didn't buy the Batman Secret Files was because the foil cover wasn't that great compared to a lot of the others.

When you say "triple Brimstone sales" - how many were they in the first place? Cause if it was really small, I think what you have happening is a big group of people who just like getting all of the foil covers for October. And that market is one that DC is definitely catering to. I kinda wish they'd do more "themed variants" months like the glorious Darwyn Cooke month in the n52.

Sadly, as you no doubt know, variant cover boosts rarely cause longterm sales increase, unlike character cameos.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

In September, Brimstone sold 10,731 copies. In October, it was 28,525.

I really love this cover, it's beautiful and all, but a bump of that amount looks insane to me.

In September, Brimstone sold 10,731 copies. In October, it was 28,525.

I really love this cover, it's beautiful and all, but a bump of that amount looks insane to me.
    That is a really insane bump. Dunno what to say, since I liked the Silencer cover better, and that didn't bump it up nearly as much.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

That is a really insane bump. Dunno what to say, since I liked the Silencer cover better, and that didn't bump it up nearly as much.
    It's really the only outlier, from what I can see. All the other NAoH saw a bump between 2500 and 5000 copies. Only Brimstone sky-rocketed like that. I guess there were other reasons than the cover alone. The artist perhaps ? Does Eduardo Pansica has an enormous following ?

It's really the only outlier, from what I can see. All the other NAoH saw a bump between 2500 and 5000 copies. Only Brimstone sky-rocketed like that. I guess there were other reasons than the cover alone. The artist perhaps ? Does Eduardo Pansica has an enormous following ?
    Pansica's a great artist, and I think has a Green Lantern fanbase, but I don't usually read the stuff he does, so I don't know whether he's the kind of artist who gets a bump. Was he just a guest, or is he the new main artist for that series?

He already did an issue and is the main artists from issue 7 onward, so far.

Shrug shrug. I dunno what's up. (Still kinda bummed that Silencer and Nightwing didn't coordinate better to give Silencer a bump. Maybe if they'd done a three part crossover, or even just referenced the events of Nightwing in the corresponding issue of Silencer, I think it could have been a good thing.

New sneak peak at a [urlhttps://twitter.com/VKMarion/status/1064505518155284481]stunning Honor Guest[/url].

Shrug shrug. I dunno what's up. (Still kinda bummed that Silencer and Nightwing didn't coordinate better to give Silencer a bump. Maybe if they'd done a three part crossover, or even just referenced the events of Nightwing in the corresponding issue of Silencer, I think it could have been a good thing.
    Yup, it was kind of a shame that they didn't coordinate with it. Perhaps it should have been the Annual's story, with Nightwing being the one discovering Honor years ago.

Double post because the solicit for February issue is out. I won't copy it here, because it spoils a lot of the upcoming twists I think.

But it's clearly a new big arc which is starting and I've the feeling that it's cementing Honor's role in the Bendis' Action Comics upcoming arc.

Double post because the solicit for February issue is out. I won't copy it here, because it spoils a lot of the upcoming twists I think.

But it's clearly a new big arc which is starting and I've the feeling that it's cementing Honor's role in the Bendis' Action Comics upcoming arc.
    I'm pretty bummed about the twist. It's better than it could be, but I feel it makes her much more generic.

I'm pretty bummed about the twist. It's better than it could be, but I feel it makes her much more generic.
    I've got the feeling Honor will do her utmost to "fix the twist", probably after some good old talk with Superman remotivating her.
    Last edited by Korath; 11-20-2018 at 07:31 AM.

I've got the feeling Honor will do her utmost to "fix the twist", probably after some good old tlak with Superman remotivating her.
    Let's hope so!

Amazing Member

Brimstone #7 had a misprint with a story page missing. Corrected copies were shipped to retailers the last week of October, with retailers receiving the exact amount they ordered free of charge. So I guess that's why it shows 28,000+ shipped for October (otherwise it would be 14,000+). Still got a small bump for the foil cover though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold View Post
    Brimstone #7 had a misprint with a story page missing. Corrected copies were shipped to retailers the last week of October, with retailers receiving the exact amount they ordered free of charge. So I guess that's why it shows 28,000+ shipped for October (otherwise it would be 14,000+). Still got a small bump for the foil cover though.
    That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the update!