Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

So, now that the two issues where she popped in Nightwing are out, what are your thoughts about it ?

Me, I'm a little surprised at how easily Honor revealed her face to him, bit overall, I really liked their interactions, I think Nightwing would be really supportive of a former killer trying to reform, and I'm glad it's true.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I thought the first issue was really frustrating, because Honor had no lines and just showed up at the end. That whole issue felt like filler.

Today's issue, though, I thought was much better. Honor had some awesome moves, and I liked seeing her interact with a hero, and confront a hero's code of ethics.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Preview for issue 9 : https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co...he-silencer-9/

I have only two things to say.

1) Zircher art is gorgeous.

2)Stop hitting yourself Honor !

Read issue 9 today, first issue of the series that I thought was just ok. Not really sure what I didn't like about it.

I actually really liked it. The magic angle there was pretty out of nowhere after the heavy tech stuff for the first 8 issues plus Annual, but it fits with Talia and Ra's philosophy of "everything is ours." And I liked the problem solving Honor displayed. Curious to know if Wishbone survived.

Zircher's art was good, though I think Bogdanovic's probably my favorite so far.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

A little sad that Gunn was offed so easily, but overall, it was an excellent issue. Wishbone is a terrible enemy from afar, but she doesn't seem that strong either, which helps sell the idea that the others laughed at the idea of magic being a thing.

I also really like Quietus, he's turning out to be a very interesting opponent for Honor, and I hope he'll get to survive for a long time. I think she needs at least one foe who isn't as high profile as Talia and can truly be hers. So far, it's the series' weakness, not establishing a rogue gallery for herself. But the last two issues have started to hint at some serious potential for Quietus. Hopefully Dan won't off him too soon.

Otherwise, pumped up for next issue with Ben and Blake in the line of fire and Honor not in her body, meaning that potential reveal of her identity to her family may come from Quietus !

I can't wait to see how it'll go.

I am curious to know what the long-term plans are for Honor. She's busy racking up a huge body count right now, and I know these guys can come back, but it seems like they're not really meant to? What kind of story can you tell with Honor once her roaring rampage of Not John Wickness stops?

That's what I'm afraid off.

The Punisher doesn't appeal to me, mostly because he can't have a rogue gallery : when one of his foes can be killed, he kills them. I think that Honor should accept that she can't leave the Underlife buried in the past and embrace the deadly assassins she is, all to protect her family. She had to make herself a bigger player, not just a disputed tool, to make sure that no one dares to come near her Blake and her Ben, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That's what I'm afraid off.

The Punisher doesn't appeal to me, mostly because he can't have a rogue gallery : when one of his foes can be killed, he kills them. I think that Honor should accept that she can't leave the Underlife buried in the past and embrace the deadly assassins she is, all to protect her family. She had to make herself a bigger player, not just a disputed tool, to make sure that no one dares to come near her Blake and her Ben, I think.
    In general, the Punisher doesn't appeal to me, either, though I really like both the Netflix series (mostly because of the casting, not the story, which is pretty cliched) and Greg Rucka's run. The big thing for the Punisher, I think, is he works better (for me) in limited runs where there's a Big Bad.

Do you think Honor's going to become the head of a splinter faction of Leviathan, to keep herself safe? And can she really have a family life doing that? Look what happened to Deathstroke's family when he stayed in the game, even though he never was a crime boss.

Deathstroke (especially under Priest) was always in for the thrill of killing, and his family was always fundamentally dysfunctional. I think that Honor could just about manage to protect her owns and remains a player in the Underlife (possibly even the boss of a small faction). In any case, Talia will always be a recurring villain for her, since she is too important to be killed off forever.

Plus, Raze hinted at something about her which made her far more important that we know off, possibly a connection to Nth Metal or the Dark Multiverse I suspect. And Raze has been suspiciously absent for most of the series, beyond those few panels. I guess he'll be the opponent for the next arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Deathstroke (especially under Priest) was always in for the thrill of killing, and his family was always fundamentally dysfunctional. I think that Honor could just about manage to protect her owns and remains a player in the Underlife (possibly even the boss of a small faction). In any case, Talia will always be a recurring villain for her, since she is too important to be killed off forever.

Plus, Raze hinted at something about her which made her far more important that we know off, possibly a connection to Nth Metal or the Dark Multiverse I suspect. And Raze has been suspiciously absent for most of the series, beyond those few panels. I guess he'll be the opponent for the next arc.
    I think that Priest has always shown Deathstroke as more of a professional rather than a thrill killer. Especially in recent arcs, Priest has emphasized that Slade sees himself as a garbage man - taking out the trash - and like garbage men, he likes to get paid.

Talia is likely to be a villain Honor will always struggle with - but I don't know how that's going to work, long term. I hope they don't kill her off-panel in a few years just to free up Talia. I'm honestly surprised they've let this series tie Talia down for so long.

Do we think we'll be getting an arc past issue #12?

Well, I don't see how the Raze subplot could be resolved in three issues, so I suspect we'll get the series going up to issue #18 and possibly a second annual, to tie up everything, and neatly have twenty issues. Which wouldn't be so bad for a woman of color at D.C., really.

BANNED

They've gotten rid of Gunn and almost gotten rid of Wishbone. I expect the latter and Quietus to be dealt with next issue. That leaves Talia and Raze for the last 3 issues, so its doable.

January solicits are out. Looks like year 2 of he NAOH titles are going up to $3.99, starting with issue 13. Not sure if a smart move since these titles aren't selling well.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    January solicits are out. Looks like year 2 of he NAOH titles are going up to $3.99, starting with issue 13. Not sure if a smart move since these titles aren't selling well.
    Oh, I didn't notice that. I was pumped to get #13, but...yeesh. Not happy about a price bump.