Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Silencer has fallen below the 20000 mark with in 3 issues. Thats not good at all, I'm curious whether it will get 12 issues or get cancelled at 6. I know 7 has been solicited but the upcoming arc will focus on Honor's past and fight Talia so it can feasibly be used to wrap the series in a satisfactory manner. 7 is a filler issue anyway and DC has done this in the past.
    When's the last time they cancelled something and didn't release a solicited issue? I vaguely remember it. Was it Prez? (Because if it's Prez, I think the combination of extremely narrow political audience, the DC You, and the end of the n52 are likely responsible for that.)

And as for falling below 20k...it's an unknown property being released in an incredibly crowded market. Given that DC has been hanging onto Batgirl and Batwoman for...a really long time without changes or cancellations, I think yanking solicted issues seems unlikely.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm still really puzzled about what would be considered a success, though? When established, really heavily marketed characters like Batgirl aren't hitting the 20k mark regularly?

I personally am torn, though. I'd love to see her in more titles...but I also don't want her family to be constantly in jeopardy...
    I think it would be to have something stable. My guess is that around 10K copies is the lowest expectation for those books, 20K the upper limit (which can be surpassed by some). But my guess is really that what they want is the book to have a semi-stable readership. Let's say that The Silencer drops to 15K from issue #4 onward, but that it remains at that month from month for the next six months, well I think that D.C. will be happy with that. Out of the NAoH books, it's probably the one with the most difficult selling anyway : the character is a woman of color in a non-superheroic setting, with JRjr art (which can be hard to sell) at first. I'm confident that it'll go to at least 9 issues, more probably 12, so it'll have two TPB in the end, long enough to satisfy the fans and have the time to end the story in a good way, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think it would be to have something stable. My guess is that around 10K copies is the lowest expectation for those books, 20K the upper limit (which can be surpassed by some). But my guess is really that what they want is the book to have a semi-stable readership. Let's say that The Silencer drops to 15K from issue #4 onward, but that it remains at that month from month for the next six months, well I think that D.C. will be happy with that. Out of the NAoH books, it's probably the one with the most difficult selling anyway : the character is a woman of color in a non-superheroic setting, with JRjr art (which can be hard to sell) at first. I'm confident that it'll go to at least 9 issues, more probably 12, so it'll have two TPB in the end, long enough to satisfy the fans and have the time to end the story in a good way, at least.
    I agree. I hope we can hit a solid plateau soon. But I still think all this talk of "failure" is...way overblown.

I think two trades would be nice, indeed!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Rough early work of Talia and Honor.

The preview is out, and man, the art is even more beautiful than I though it would be !

The preview is out, and man, the art is even more beautiful than I though it would be !
    Finally working! I tried to post it yesterday but the link was super broken.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Finally working! I tried to post it yesterday but the link was super broken.
    Diamond's website preview for Silencer #4, was actually for Sideways #3. lol

Bogdanovic is killing it on this title. And the characters are just so great ! Blake is kind and awesome in his own way, ben is so lovely and Honor is... well, herself, which means a compelling and sympathetic character despite what she did in the past. Can't wait to see a round two between her and Slade.

Bogdanovic is killing it on this title. And the characters are just so great ! Blake is kind and awesome in his own way, ben is so lovely and Honor is... well, herself, which means a compelling and sympathetic character despite what she did in the past. Can't wait to see a round two between her and Slade.
    Agreed! The fleshing out of Honor's family was overdue and really nicely done, and man do I love Bogdanovic's art! This title is in really good hands!

Also, I think it's really interesting seeing Honor's old hair color in the past scenes. A handy visual trick to let us know the past, though it took a few pages for me to catch on.

Oh, man, keep forgetting things: I was chatting with another fan, and we were mentioning how New Age of Heroes is often very Marvel-inspired, and I felt the situation Honor finds herself in this issue is very Black Widow-esque. Which make sense, since I love Black Widow, and Honor's one of my favorite new characters.
    Last edited by millernumber1; 04-25-2018 at 10:20 AM.

I really enjoyed this issue. Bogdanovic's art was awesome, had a Greg Capullo feel to it. I loved the interaction between Blake and the neighbor lady, and seeing some background into Honor and Talia's past, and the job that "freed" honor to leave Leviathan.

https://www.newsarama.com/39694-sile...interview.html

Cool interview on Newsarama with Abnett.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/39694-sile...interview.html

Cool interview on Newsarama with Abnett.
    Nice interview - thanks for sharing!

Loved hearing about the worldbuilding - one of the best parts of the series - and the way the artistic collaboration goes on this series. I'm really curious about it all - do they have a big email or phone conference, and then they have a rough plot, and the artist draws layouts, and then they do another conference, and then they get finished art followed by Marvel-style scripting?

Some angry Talia, against Honor if I'm right :

There is also a cover with a demon who may or may not be a new character, Bogdanovic was kind of tongue in cheek about it.

Hmmm, I wonder if it's a crossover with Brimstone

New art, probably issue 5 or 6.