Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just realized it but, big spoiler... Seriously, don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled big time !
    spoilers:
    It's basically confirmed from the synopsis of issue 8 that Talia orchestrated the whole thing to get Honor back, considering that The Silencer apparently kills her and wants to prevent her from being resurrected.
    end of spoilers
    Not too surprising because of those WIP panels of them beating the hell out of each other, but still pretty huge if true.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Spectacular Member

I wonder how will Jellybean react to this. I mean he has a front row seat of his mother shooting people. How will this influence his vision of her?

Well, there was that drawing he did of Killbox dead in issue 2, so I Wonder if there isn't more than meet the eye with Jellybean.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Zircher's been talking a little bit about Silencer on twitter!

https://twitter.com/PatrickZircher/s...21141986398208

"That's what I want to give it, that hard-hitting feel. Silencer is great because, unlike the Punisher, her family is alive and there is such a contrast between her secret & family life. He's a lone wolf. She's a lioness."

So sounds like the two best things about the comics - the brutal fights, and the family - are key for Zircher as they have been for JRJR and Bogdanovic. Excellent news! He also said he might post sketches later!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Zircher's been talking a little bit about Silencer on twitter!

https://twitter.com/PatrickZircher/s...21141986398208

"That's what I want to give it, that hard-hitting feel. Silencer is great because, unlike the Punisher, her family is alive and there is such a contrast between her secret & family life. He's a lone wolf. She's a lioness."

So sounds like the two best things about the comics - the brutal fights, and the family - are key for Zircher as they have been for JRJR and Bogdanovic. Excellent news! He also said he might post sketches later!
    Sounds promising. Let's hope he can keep up the quality.

Finally got around to reading Issue 5. Damn that was a great issue. Talia is such a bitch. I see Deathstroke is still working all the angles. Bogdanovic is a fantastic artist, I especially love the way he draws kids. I don’t get how the Abnett doing this and Aquaman is doing such a terrible job on Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    This. Violence + family is exactly what makes Silencer so great. As long as they hold that through-line, I can see this character becoming something special. She's easily the standout of NAoH for me.

I have to say as well, I've been annoyed at the lack of artist consistency on the NAoH books, but Silencer has actually benefited from the shifting artists. Bogdanovic was miles beyond Romita, and Zircher is such a beast when it comes to visceral action and hero shots.
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 05-25-2018 at 10:20 PM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    This. Violence + family is exactly what makes Silencer so great. As long as they hold that through-line, I can see this character becoming something special. She's easily the standout of NAoH for me.

I have to say as well, I've been annoyed at the lack of artist consistency on the NAoH books, but Silencer has actually benefited from the shifting artists. Bogdanovic was miles beyond Romita, and Zircher is such a beast when it comes to visceral action and hero shots.
    Despite not enjoying his Superman work, I really loved Romira’s work on this series. But yeah the art has been great on this book.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Finally got around to reading Issue 5. Damn that was a great issue. Talia is such a bitch. I see Deathstroke is still working all the angles. Bogdanovic is a fantastic artist, I especially love the way he draws kids. I don’t get how the Abnett doing this and Aquaman is doing such a terrible job on Titans.
    Elaborate? I read a few of the early issues and enjoyed them well enough. Are you interested in the pseudo-relaunch?

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Despite not enjoying his Superman work, I really loved Romira’s work on this series. But yeah the art has been great on this book.
    It wasn't awful, but I kept stopping on nearly every panel and ogling at the weird proportions. I much prefer Bogdanovic and Zircher.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Elaborate? I read a few of the early issues and enjoyed them well enough. Are you interested in the pseudo-relaunch?

It wasn't awful, but I kept stopping on nearly every panel and ogling at the weird proportions. I much prefer Bogdanovic and Zircher.
    We should probably take any discussion of Titans elsewhere, but I did not find his post-Return of Wally West arc work on that title to be interesting.

Very much enjoying the Silencer.

Will miss Bogdonovic but Zircher will be just as great.
    WHO DAT?!!

Notice the silent bird.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Notice the silent bird.

Fascinating - who is the artist?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I think it's the guy who posted it on twitter.