Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Well, I can't really judge the CW shows, since I don't watch them, but I'm okay, as a rule of thumb, for characters to be different than their comics counterpart, as long as some core elements are respected, because of them happening in various Earth. After all, the Multiverse can't be always the same thing than the comics, it wouldn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    Honor is set to appear in the next Arrow season, but not in the way we're used to: she's the member of a trio hired by Diaz to kill Ollie and co.
    I don't know how connected to comics Silencer this character will be. The actress is black unlike comics Silencer, who's Polynesian. I also doubt this version will have any powers.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

To be honest, while Bogdanovic draws a very distinctly not black Honor, JRJr's was far more like a black character, really.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

So, today's issue was pretty fun (as usual ). I'm glad that while each issue focuses on a big fight, they don't usually drag the fights out for multiple issues (the most they do is setup a fight as a cliffhanger, and then resolve it in the beginning). Even though I'm concerned about the solicitation's promise of the never-ending Talia resurrection plot, this issue didn't feel stuck in the mud.

Also, the solicit for the second trade of Silencer seems to promise that she'll at least get to issue #12, which is cool.

And, as we previously discussed, it was nice to see the flashback of Honor at Spyral's academy. I always have a fondness for that since Steph kicked everyone's butts there in Batman Inc.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

A solicits for the second trade ? Where is it ? Because, I won't lie, with Immortal Men ending at issue 6, I'm kind of worried for the books not named The Terrifics here...

Concerning this issue... Yup, it was great. Cradle and Grave where killed quite easily in the end, Quietus is coming in like a boss (and I really like his design here, but I can't wait to see Patrick Zircher drawing him, same for Jack Herbert in the upcoming annual). And Honor... damn, she's adding complexity to her character while remaining this absolute badass. I freaking love it !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    A solicits for the second trade ? Where is it ? Because, I won't lie, with Immortal Men ending at issue 6, I'm kind of worried for the books not named The Terrifics here...

Concerning this issue... Yup, it was great. Cradle and Grave where killed quite easily in the end, Quietus is coming in like a boss (and I really like his design here, but I can't wait to see Patrick Zircher drawing him, same for Jack Herbert in the upcoming annual). And Honor... damn, she's adding complexity to her character while remaining this absolute badass. I freaking love it !
    It's on a catalog website - can't remember which one. But it listed Silencer volume 2, issues 7-12.

I wish I liked the Terrifics more - I love Mr. Terrific from Checkmate, but his stuff in the current book just seems too generic to me. And it mystifies me why Damage and Terrifics get all the love, when Silencer is so good.

I'm very curious to see how Honor fares against Quietus, and what Quietus wants.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Well, The Terrifics has the advantage of already established characters, put in crazy situations like the FF, so it's bound to attract more readers than the others. But I think The Silencer is still very critically appreciated, so at least I think DC knows that keeping Honor around one way or another can be a great idea, hence her use in Arrow.

Well, The Terrifics has the advantage of already established characters, put in crazy situations like the FF, so it's bound to attract more readers than the others. But I think The Silencer is still very critically appreciated, so at least I think DC knows that keeping Honor around one way or another can be a great idea, hence her use in Arrow.
    True. That makes sense.

But Silencer is just so much fun!

I'm always impressed by how great the fight scenes are drawn in this run. I hope Zircher can keep that aspect up when it's his turn on the title. Otherwise another good issue all around.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    I'm always impressed by how great the fight scenes are drawn in this run. I hope Zircher can keep that aspect up when it's his turn on the title. Otherwise another good issue all around.
    Agreed. And yet, I saw a review saying that this issue was confusing and hard to read, and gave it a 1 out of 5... That's why we can't have nice things ...

Agreed. And yet, I saw a review saying that this issue was confusing and hard to read, and gave it a 1 out of 5... That's why we can't have nice things ...
    Wasn't my review! (though to be fair, since Silencer isn't in Gotham, I'm not reviewing it anyway. I should talk to the person who reviews Nightwing on the website I write for, see if they're caught up on Silencer for her upcoming guest appearance. )

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Wasn't my review! (though to be fair, since Silencer isn't in Gotham, I'm not reviewing it anyway. I should talk to the person who reviews Nightwing on the website I write for, see if they're caught up on Silencer for her upcoming guest appearance. )
    Well, you can always review the annual when she comes to Gotham !

Rhaa, double post, the forum is still acting up for me.
    Last edited by Korath; 07-26-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Wow. What a great issue. Seriously fun ride.

Mighty Member

Awesome issue and one of the best NAOH issues so far. If nothing else this character will be around I feel one way or another.

SO