Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Awesome issue and one of the best NAOH issues so far. If nothing else this character will be around I feel one way or another.

SO

Preview for issue 8 is out, and I'm really loving the art : http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...he-silencer-8/

How man, that ending... I've got my mind blown, I can't wait to read the next issue... In a month !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    How man, that ending... I've got my mind blown, I can't wait to read the next issue... In a month !
    Oh man things are really hitting the breaking point. Can’t wait for the next issue. A little difficult to adjust to the new artist, I wish DC would be more consistent about art for these books.

I actually really like Zircher's art. I think it speaks volume to the story's quality that I found every artist on duty here to be somehow spot on : JRjr had this gritty, visceral vive, Bogdanovic had the more bombastic approach and now Zircher offer us a "vintage", simple but terribly efficient, art style.

Plus, I like how the story has truly made something massive and terrible of Leviathan, with four great sections known :
    -Quietus and the physical modification (cyborg army, the tech heads I guess)
    -Gunn and the more classic Black Ops teams (possibly the center of normal but Deadly assassins)
    -Jonah Nine and the viral warfare (as implied in this issue)
    -Whisbone and her magical division (a much welcome addition to Leviathan, if you ask me).

BANNED

So assuming this arc finally wraps up Wishbone, Quietus and Gunn. Then that leaves Jonah Nine and Raze. How will Abnett wrap up their roles in just 2 issues assuming it ends at 12? I can however see Silencer relaunching as a mini for the Raze arc like Mother Panic did.

Honestly, after reading this issue, I can of have a hard time seing how all can be resolved to issue 12... I mean, Gunn doesn't seems to be here yet, I guess that the crazy things which happened at the end of issue 8 will be resolved next month. And indeed, there is the Raze's plot, which we don't know much about beyond the fact that it exists and that raze may be Guile's children.

So my best guess is either the series will be allowed to reach issue 18 to settle everything, or a mini will follow, around 6 issues long probably. In any case, I expect that D.C. will try to have a third TPB out for The Silencer, possibly even an omnibus and 18 (19 with the annual) would do just that.

Preview for this week annual : https://www.newsarama.com/41530-sile...nual-1.html#s8

If I'm not mistaken, it'll be set during Morrison Leviathan saga, which would have happened 8 years ago then ? How does it work with Damian being thirteen I wonder...

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Preview for this week annual : https://www.newsarama.com/41530-sile...nual-1.html#s8

If I'm not mistaken, it'll be set during Morrison Leviathan saga, which would have happened 8 years ago then ? How does it work with Damian being thirteen I wonder...
    I'm personally betting that it's before Leviathan is truly formed.

As for Damian's age, it's already established that he's biologically 13, not actually 13 chronologically. So there's tons of fudge room there.

How old is Jellybean, though?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Three years.

As far as we know, Honor got out of Leviathan five years ago, met Ben at some unspecified point in time after that and they had Ben three years ago.

Three years.

As far as we know, Honor got out of Leviathan five years ago, met Ben at some unspecified point in time after that and they had Ben three years ago.
    How long ago was Batman, Inc actually supposed to happen, anyway? Comics timeframes are always being compressed.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I was Under the impression that it happened somewhere between five and three years ago, since Damian appeared at age 10, if I remember right, and became thirteen at the start of Rebirth. And he's been dead for nearly a year, if I'm not mistaken. So it would add up, I guess ?

I was Under the impression that it happened somewhere between five and three years ago, since Damian appeared at age 10, if I remember right, and became thirteen at the start of Rebirth. And he's been dead for nearly a year, if I'm not mistaken. So it would add up, I guess ?
    Well. There is that issue of Batman (#51) where it's implied that there's five years between Batman #51 an #1. Which, to me, implies that there's probably 5-7 years between Batman Inc and the start of Rebirth.

But it's comics.

So, the annual... Man, it was great. We got to see plenty of the old Honor, the cold-hearted assassin, who yet displays some heroic penchants, but acts on them in a twisted way, which makes her all the more tragic. Her meeting with Blake was great, because it wasn't the center of the story, but I can't help but feel that this set-up will have a pay off and that Blake will discover who his wife was in future issues.

Talia truly appeared as deadly, manipulative and dangerous, truly the head of an organization intent on changing the world by force. And the way she loses her temper as soon as The Silencer don't follow her orders down to a t, it's really highlight how Honor and Talia's relationship was unhealthy, not unlike Joker and Harley Queen.

Finally, I really think that this Annual prove that Honor as more than just the zone of silence ; she seems crazy fast and strong here.

Yup, pretty fun. I do hope that Black finds out, as I'm not a fan of lies in marriage.

Viewing the start of Leviathan was really intriguing...