Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

The preview for the upcoming issue (the last of 2018 T-T) is out : http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...e-silencer-11/

I really like the gallow humor bit.

Issue 11 of The Silencer is the best of the series so far.

Fight me !

Or not

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Pretty solid. The art is fine, though...I really hate that we're not even a year in on this comic and already have four "main" artists.

I'm very intrigued with Talia, though I'm curious how long they're planning to use the status quo Abnett is setting up (especially since Bendis seems to be hinting that he'll be using Leviathan in the Super comics.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I hope Abnett's status quo while actually remain in use for a long time and that Bendis won't upset it too much or even completely ignore it. The Silencer has been setting up Leviathan to be a perfect opponent for Superman, a more human-level threat still able to reap thousands of lives. Red Cloud would fit quite well with Raze, The Silencer, Quietus and other killers under Talia's order, for instance. Plus some of those powers (again, Quietus but also Jonah Nine's biological weapons, Honor's Zones of Silence and Raze invisibility) would make for interesting challenges for Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I hope Abnett's status quo while actually remain in use for a long time and that Bendis won't upset it too much or even completely ignore it. The Silencer has been setting up Leviathan to be a perfect opponent for Superman, a more human-level threat still able to reap thousands of lives. Red Cloud would fit quite well with Raze, The Silencer, Quietus and other killers under Talia's order, for instance. Plus some of those powers (again, Quietus but also Jonah Nine's biological weapons, Honor's Zones of Silence and Raze invisibility) would make for interesting challenges for Superman.
    Excellent point about Red Cloud! Whatever happens, I hope we keep this Talia, not the weird Morrison psycho who builds the organization to...troll Batman?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Excellent point about Red Cloud! Whatever happens, I hope we keep this Talia, not the weird Morrison psycho who builds the organization to...troll Batman?
    Yeah.

That line where she says

spoilers:
    I am Leviathan.
    end of spoilers

It gave me chills, no joke. It's so cheesy, and yet here, it comes off as powerful. She really is a foe worthy of any of the big DC heroes to deal with, not just some half-crazed lunatic wanting to burn the world because reasons.

And the last page is just so damn powerful, just thanks to the use of shading. It makes me so mad that it's the last issue of The Silencer in 2018 !

Yeah.

That line where she says

spoilers:
    I am Leviathan.
    end of spoilers

It gave me chills, no joke. It's so cheesy, and yet here, it comes off as powerful. She really is a foe worthy of any of the big DC heroes to deal with, not just some half-crazed lunatic wanting to burn the world because reasons.

And the last page is just so damn powerful, just thanks to the use of shading. It makes me so mad that it's the last issue of The Silencer in 2018 !
    It was a great line! This series is just so solid.

Oh, that's right! We have two coming in January. Do you know when the price change hits?

At issue 13 it'll cost one more dollar.

But honestly, if the quality remains consistent or even becomes better, I'm fine with it. The wait will just kill me, I guess.

At issue 13 it'll cost one more dollar.

But honestly, if the quality remains consistent or even becomes better, I'm fine with it. The wait will just kill me, I guess.
    We'll have to see how January's first issue grabs me.

Well, even with the twist revealed in the solicits, I think I'll be hooked.

After this issue, I'm starting to wonder if Bendis Leviathan character will be Talia. After this issue, it would make sense, but I don't know how I would feel with her having an actual "super-villain" nickname.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    This is the same Talia that Rucka and Morrison created. Gleason tried to move her away from that characterization in SOB to a more classic version but Abnett and King moved her back to the Morrison incarnation.

It made sense for Talia to do what she did. She created her own entity in Leviathan similar to how Bruce created Batman to show that she was his equal. She indulged in her mad schemes because Batman only pays attention to mad men.

It makes more sense than random world domination which makes her no different than hordes of other villains. Which is why I believe this direction will be undone in the long run. Without any roots attached to Batman all of Talia's endeavors are meaningless.

I cant help but roll my eyes at Bendis using Leviathan in Action. Apparantely SKULL wasn't good enough for him.

Sneak peak at an upcoming Silencer issue :

Also, I don't feel that Talia want to rule the world. She wants to change it, in fundamental ways. It seems to be a lot more profound motivation than wanting to attract Batman's attention and kind of losing it for real in the process.

BANNED

Sneak peak at an upcoming Silencer issue :

Also, I don't feel that Talia want to rule the world. She wants to change it, in fundamental ways. It seems to be a lot more profound motivation than wanting to attract Batman's attention and kind of losing it for real in the process.
    Its the same generic motivation for villainy when you get down to it.

Talia's entire character was built to love Batman in a one sided manner. Morrison just took it to a new and more sinister level. More importantly as I explained Leviathan is to her what Batman is to Bruce. An archetype bigger than flesh and blood complete with its own symbolism( Kali, Tiamat etc). Not only did Morrison give her that persona but he fully built her to be Batman's equal and twin of sorts. Batman Inc 2 is little different from King's Batman 18. What King did and is doing with Bane is similar to what Morrison did with Talia. They even had their own equivalent to Bruce kicking the tree in Year One.

I don't know, Morrison's Talia lost me when she put an hit on her son because he chose Bruce's way over her (well, duh, dropping him with the Bat without any supervision couldn't have ended any other way) cloning him to create the ultimate child-soldier and in the end losing the two of them because she lost herself in her own plans and false madness.

BANNED

I think she intended for Damian to partner with Bruce in order to create a rift. To make Damian and Bruce hate each other but Damian ended up being mentored by Dick. Also she thought in time Damian would kill Dick and take over and that obviously did not happen.

As for the hit, that again was designed to keep Damian and Bruce physically together.

She also didn't order the Heretic to kill Damian. She just didn't stop him to prevent showing a sign of weakness. In the end she was lost in the Leviathan persona because she believed Bruce was lost in the Batman persona.