Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I like Silencer but I really don’t like the armor that JRJR designed for her. That welders mask-like helmet looks more like a baseball cap when it’s flipped up. A big part of a character’s appeal is their design. Honor will need a better costume if they hope for her generate attention.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-07-2018 at 11:12 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

What do you think of her in the New Age of Heroes poster?

New Age of Heroes header.jpg
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

This new Silencer is going to be difficult for me to get used to.... I may give it a try after I watch the original a few more times...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-07-2018 at 09:39 PM.

I agree that Honor's armor is kind of uncool... but in the same time, an assassin shouldn't try to look cool, he or she should try to be stealthy and all. So I wonder why they chose a light grey armor over a darker shade or something... Then again, perhaps there is more to it than we suspect, at least it was hinted that it had been designed to suit The Silencer when Talia gave her the disk-thing which created the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I agree that Honor's armor is kind of uncool... but in the same time, an assassin shouldn't try to look cool, he or she should try to be stealthy and all. So I wonder why they chose a light grey armor over a darker shade or something... Then again, perhaps there is more to it than we suspect, at least it was hinted that it had been designed to suit The Silencer when Talia gave her the disk-thing which created the armor.
    Yes, I'm assuming we'll get a lot more information on the armor itself in the coming issues.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I actually don't mind her suit. The weird plates of armor jutting off it is pretty cool...totally see the baseball cap though lol. The first thing I thought of was actually a much less armored version of Issac's armor from dead space.
    Current Pull List
    -Marvel 2-in-1 (The Thing and Human Torch)
    -The Silencer

Some JRJR and Sandra Hope art for The Silencer : https://twitter.com/inkmonkeyhope/st...74888524746752

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Some JRJR and Sandra Hope art for The Silencer : https://twitter.com/inkmonkeyhope/st...74888524746752
    Nice! Woohoo!

Another preview from Bogdanovic, in what I suspect is the Armory hinted in the sollicitations : https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...40608826187776

I like her outfit too, she looks like a mummified assassin lol.

One thing I've been wondering though is Honor Guest her real name? You would think not but hopefully they explain it down the line.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

I liked it enough and JRJr's work is much more polished here than recent showings. But that preview art just sold me on the long haul, very nice.
    The armor is a little drab but that can always be modified, and I agree that anything happening to her family would be detrimental to the story. Did she appear in any of the Metal books?

Nope. None of the NAoH character has appeared in Metal. However, Silencer, Damage, the Immortal Men, the Terrifics and perhaps others have been mentioned or hinted at in Dark Days the Casting and the Forge. Silencer was also name-dropped in an issue of the current Nightwing run, can't remember which one, but the Judge was already there.

BANNED

Strange when you really think about it,a couple of name drops in a prologue comic for a line spinning out from the event but has no relevance to the event doesn't sound sensible to me. I think No Justice and the titles spinning out from that are the true beneficiaries and products of Metal. NAOH firmly seems to be a Dan Didio project imo.

And shouldn't this be on the Batman forums? Leviathan, Talia etc root it pretty firmly there.

I don't know... Leviathan (and the LoA) feels bigger than Batman to me (even if they are mostly constrained to the Batbooks, which I find kind of stupid), so I think it's fine for this thread to be here.
    By the way, if you want a lot of inking for The Silencer, Sandra Hope keeps uploading videos of her work on the comics : https://twitter.com/inkmonkeyhope

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCoyote View Post
    I liked it enough and JRJr's work is much more polished here than recent showings. But that preview art just sold me on the long haul, very nice.
    The armor is a little drab but that can always be modified, and I agree that anything happening to her family would be detrimental to the story. Did she appear in any of the Metal books?
    Yeah, if they kill off her husband it could hurt the story...unless they really do it right and make it a hard hitting moment. If they breeze over it that would suck.

I hope it doesn't happen, but every precognitive bone in my body says it will. Gah I already wanna know what happens next...Still wish this was at least bimonthly.
    Current Pull List
    -Marvel 2-in-1 (The Thing and Human Torch)
    -The Silencer