Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raker616 View Post
    So this was the first of the New Age Of Heroes books I decided to try and honestly it was the least I was looking forward to. But man was I wrong after reading the first 2 issues I can say i'm a fan of the character and the world we got introduced to. Also have to shout out John Romita Jr's art which i'm not the biggest fan of but works perfectly for this book. The mix of John Wick plus superpowers is a very cool concept and i'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for Honor in the coming issues. As someone who has stayed away from DC for awhile now I wanna highly recommend this series for anyone who wants to read something good you can jump right in to.
    Welcome aboard ! Hopefully, there will be some more readers popping out to help the book, I would hate it to end in six issues or just a little more than that ! I want a long ongoing damnit !

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Welcome aboard ! Hopefully, there will be some more readers popping out to help the book, I would hate it to end in six issues or just a little more than that ! I want a long ongoing damnit !
    This is a very interesting question. The Rebirth titles almost all seem to have had a 2 year commitment (with a couple of exceptions like Superwoman and Blue Beetle). But we have no idea what the commitment for the New Age of Heroes books are, and none of them are maintaining a 30k sales, which I would consider a true success. Hopefully Silencer will hold around 20k, which is my current benchmark for "still going."
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raker616 View Post
    So this was the first of the New Age Of Heroes books I decided to try and honestly it was the least I was looking forward to. But man was I wrong after reading the first 2 issues I can say i'm a fan of the character and the world we got introduced to. Also have to shout out John Romita Jr's art which i'm not the biggest fan of but works perfectly for this book. The mix of John Wick plus superpowers is a very cool concept and i'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for Honor in the coming issues. As someone who has stayed away from DC for awhile now I wanna highly recommend this series for anyone who wants to read something good you can jump right in to.
    Welcome aboard. Glad you're enjoying the book. I'm loving it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    This is a very interesting question. The Rebirth titles almost all seem to have had a 2 year commitment (with a couple of exceptions like Superwoman and Blue Beetle). But we have no idea what the commitment for the New Age of Heroes books are, and none of them are maintaining a 30k sales, which I would consider a true success. Hopefully Silencer will hold around 20k, which is my current benchmark for "still going."
    I think DC's expectations for these books are what's important here not the Diamond numbers. They may not have been expecting these books to maintain or even get 30k in sales. There could be a lower threshold for them then there are for other books even. We don't really know. Also we don't really get the full picture regarding sales anyway because the Diamond numbers leave out digital sales and sales in other countries as well. It could actually be doing bigger numbers but we, as fans, wouldn't be aware of it because we only get a limited look at sales and not a very accurate one either.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

THE SILENCER #6
    Written by DAN ABNETT • Art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC • Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and SANDRA HOPE “PAYBACK TIME” part three! Silencer throws down with Talia al Ghul in a diner, and they’ll use everything—including the kitchen sink—to kill each other! So sit back and order one murder with a side of bullets—and don’t forget the disco fries.
    On sale JUNE 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

They need to get Talia out those ugly clothes already. Looks like a fun cover though.

Oooh, feels very Han Solo! Han-or shot first!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Spectacular Member baycitybomber's Avatar

I caught up with the comic just now and I really liked it. The DCU doesn't have nearly enough headliner assassins/spies for my taste and this book is a much needed addition. Loved the worldbuilding as well, it's good that they're tying her to the LoA.

My only complaint is the costume. I'm just not feeling the Michelin Man look. I much prefer this design by Bogdanovic:

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    And a picture of Honor at MaulMart picking up a nuke! https://twitter.com/VikBogdanovic/st...19997133307910

Attachment 62777

Bogdanovic definitively makes the costume works better, but I must confess that I really like some of the scenes where Romita is drawing Honor in full gear, because he somestimes make the helmet an interesting contrast to the (red?) eyes of the Silencer.

Mighty Member

Is this book any good? I've been staying away due to them adding Bat elements like LoA and Talia.

If you've liked John Wick, you'll definitively like The Silencer. Even the LoA and Talia aren't depicted as they were during Morrison's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Is this book any good? I've been staying away due to them adding Bat elements like LoA and Talia.
    It's very good - excellent action scenes, really fun character dynamics. I'm a huge Batman fan, so the Bat stuff is a plus for me, but it's not necessary to read any Batman stuff to get it.

Add me to the its very good list. Right now my favorite of the New Age of Heroes titles.

Does anyone know what her superpowers actually are yet?

We know about the zone of silence, but isn't she super strong and durable? Or is that a function of her suit? I really have no idea!
    Current Pull List
    -Marvel 2-in-1 (The Thing and Human Torch)
    -The Silencer

Quote Originally Posted by Supershamu View Post
    Does anyone know what her superpowers actually are yet?

We know about the zone of silence, but isn't she super strong and durable? Or is that a function of her suit? I really have no idea!
    That is a very good question. You could say that it is comics, so her strength is just comic book normal. But she has been out for several years, so her muscles seem a bit better than you'd expect unless her exercise is very unusual.

I'm not sure, but I think that she has a certain degree of super-strength, from the way she handled Killbox (especially the way she literally tore out some parts of him). She his probably around Sideways' level of strength at best, however.

Edit : And some more art from Bogdanovic !

Last edited by Korath; 03-23-2018 at 10:06 AM.