Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is somewhat troubling news. It sounds like just rumors. Then again, the Fox/Disney deal started out that way as well. If Comcast, a company that is roundly hated by many for their horrible customer service, wants to buy Fox's assets, then that's going to complicate things. Like Disney, they have streaming aspirations as well and they have a lot of capital to work with. The fact this news is coming out may hint that there are some who suspect that the government won't let it go through. They've already obstructed the AT&T deal. This one is every bit as big. A lot can happen between now and next year so this is definitely something to keep an eye on.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Update....

If Comcast does make a bid, Disney could consider raising their bid in order to gain the assets. The report does stress that Comcast has not made a decision on if they will move forward. In many ways, it appears the media companies are waiting to see what happens with AT&T/Time Warner.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Spectacular Member

I'm rooting for Comcast to save the day. A way better home for FOX and its franchises IMO , with minimal interference . They are also not allergic to r-rated films.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Atom View Post
    I'm rooting for Comcast to save the day. A way better home for FOX and its franchises IMO , with minimal interference . They are also not allergic to r-rated films.
    They wouldn’t have the X-Men or FF film rights. They’d be transferred back to Disney.

More like killing the FF for good and making Disney marginalize the X-line further.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    They wouldn’t have the X-Men or FF film rights. They’d be transferred back to Disney.
    We don't fully know that yet.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    More like killing the FF for good and making Disney marginalize the X-line further.
    So be it......Disney marginalizing the Xmen in the first place is one of the many reasons why I don't want them to return. They don't deserve them and will pretend like nothing ever happened and will want everyone to forget how childish and petty they are.

So be it......Disney marginalizing the Xmen in the first place is one of the many reasons why I don't want them to return.
    ...Don't you realize how counter productive that is? Disney gets the X-Men, the marginalizing stops. As fans we win with this. If you prefer for the franchise to stay on a bad place(or even go to a worse one) just so Disney loses, then you're the one who's being petty and childish.

So be it......Disney marginalizing the Xmen in the first place is one of the many reasons why I don't want them to return. They don't deserve them and will pretend like nothing ever happened and will want everyone to forget how childish and petty they are.
    So you'd rather kill these two properties out of spite? Disney won't be the ones who lose, it will be us the fans. I do not want what has happened with the Fantastic Four and X-Men over the last decade to continue.

BANNED

So you'd rather kill these two properties out of spite? Disney won't be the ones who lose, it will be us the fans. I do not want what has happened with the Fantastic Four and X-Men over the last decade to continue.
    It was marvel comics killing the X-Men with Ike perlmutter, Disney had nothing to do with it¬¬

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    It was marvel comics killing the X-Men with Ike perlmutter, Disney had nothing to do with it¬¬
    Ike Perlmutter did this because of movie rights. Marvel has the movie rights = problem solved. It's not fair but it's how it is, we can only hope for the solution that makes everyone happy if we don't want everything to get worse.

Disney, Perlmutter, same difference. Either way they were excluding the X-Men and Fantastic Four from all merchandise and completely killed the FF comic because of the film rights. Something that will stop when get the film rights back. We'd cartoons, toys, games, and a big push in comics again.

BANNED

Disney, Perlmutter, same difference. Either way they were excluding the X-Men and Fantastic Four from all merchandise and completely killed the FF comic because of the film rights. Something that will stop when get the film rights back. We'd cartoons, toys, games, and a big push in comics again.
    Actually they're completely different, in the marvel Disney merger Ike kept full control of marvel comics, cartoon and TV while Disney shared control of the movie division. Thus it was marvel alone that sidelined the X-Men since Disney had zero control over the comics division

Actually they're completely different, in the marvel Disney merger Ike kept full control of marvel comics, cartoon and TV while Disney shared control of the movie division. Thus it was marvel alone that sidelined the X-Men since Disney had zero control over the comics division
    I don't think that's his point...

That's irrelevant to what I'm saying. Either way, the reason these properties are being sidelined is because of the film rights. When the rights return the properties will no longer be sidelined and there will be a push in marketing for them.