Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Breaking News: Comcast wants to still buy out Fox

https://screenrant.com/disney-fox-deal-comcast-bid/

https://www.mediapost.com/publicatio...usinesses.html
    Comcast Corp. is considering making a bid for the Fox TV-entertainment assets that Fox agreed to sell to Disney in December.

In turn, per a CNBC report, Disney is already preparing to top a Comcast bid, if one is made. The original deal had a price tag of $52.4 billion, which included the Fox movie/TV studio, FX Networks, Nat Geo, Hulu and international TV holdings.

Fox said it would be focusing on sports and news for much of its TV operations going forward. Last month, Fox outbid CBS and NBC — spending $3.3 billion — for a five-year deal for the NFL’s “Thursday Night Football,” according to estimates.

Fox had initially considered a deal with Comcast, but it was rejected as a result of regulatory concerns related to a deal with that company.

Executive Chairman of 21st Century Fox Rupert Murdoch, and his family, control 39% of the company’s key voting share and 17% of all outstanding shares.

Monday morning midday trading had 21st Century Fox’s stock up 1.5% to $37.28; Comcast Corp. Stock was down 1.6% to $40.44; and Walt Disney stock

Fox share holders , may vote against Murdoch and Disney.
    After Kevin Feige's peculiar comments of future xmen movies , Magneto and cool scenes. there may still be hope the deal goes to Comcast since President Trump and the government have not approved of the deal and Fox shareholders can vote against the deal. Am almost surprised this is toned down news. almost surprise since I am not naive.
    Last edited by hartttt; 02-05-2018 at 06:09 PM.

BANNED

If the government won't approve Fox going to a Disney, how do you rationalize holding out hope Fox goes to Comcast?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    If the government won't approve Fox going to a Disney, how do you rationalize holding out hope Fox goes to Comcast?
    exactly. this is all fake news.

and the article said if Comcast outbid Disney they would just offer more. Bottom line if Disney doesnt get them no one will.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    this thing is messy but its far from over. the deal was not yet approved before this news. I just pray Comcast does go for it this time. It never made sense to me that Murdouch favoured Disney just like that. I hope more details will come out soon.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Sounds great to me harttt. Disney would kill off everything and recast. I don't want! Keep things evolving and "mutating". X-Men !

Although then we don't get the comics situation resolved... or toys etc. Shrug. It's a catch 22.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Sounds great to me harttt. Disney would kill off everything and recast. I don't want! Keep things evolving and "mutating". X-Men !
    Its great news for real. Disney will kill the substance , not just everything.

Kevin Feige already thinks xmen movies is about magneto doing cool things with modern film technology.
    Last edited by hartttt; 02-05-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    Its great news for real. Disney will kill the substance , not just everything.

Kevin Feige already thinks xmen movies is about magneto doing cool things with modern film technology.
    Lol. How is that a bad thing? The X-Men mov8es are too stuck in the past. It's time for them to get with the times. And it will be great when Disney kills off the current FOX franchise. It's stale.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    Not really his fault, though...

(continued...)

BANNED

(continued...)

BANNED

(need I continue...?)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Very much doubt this will happen.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It's gonna be a long year...

I don't care about any other properties Fox has as long as Marvel ones go to Disney. I hope the rights are non-transferable if Comcast somehow has a winning bid.
    Also, I hope no who screams "monoploly" celebrates this as Comcast would be worse than Disney especially with Net Neutrality dying.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-05-2018 at 07:33 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yes Starjammer you have proved your point that Disney would repeat the things about the films that you think are why they should be given to Disney. Ok then
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Yes Starjammer you have proved your point that Disney would repeat the things about the films that you think are why they should be given to Disney. Ok then
    No, their point is that Feige isn't the first person who thought "lol magneo stuntz"
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

You seem to be mistaken. I was clarifying hartttt's point.