Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Have you ever felt soooo bored that nothing really seems to interest you at all?

First thread. I'm new here guys.

I want to ask a pretty broad question here. Has there ever been times and even places where you expect to find something new, fun, exciting, thrilling, fascinating, and DIFFERENT (in a positive or interesting way), but you either couldn't find anything or it just felt so underwhelming as to take a farther dive below your expectations than a penny falling off the top of the Empire State Building? For example, it can be in entertainment media, where you wished or hoped to find something you would actually love or like to a devotional degree or at least something fresh and different, but you either found nothing or just the same old mainstream stuff you already see everywhere, regardless of whether you like them otherwise or not and you feel disappointed or frustrated as a result, even with low expectations?

Now to come back to this question and raise it to an even more general scope, I would to ask, has there ever been a time where you feel bored and glum and that nothing seems to be of any interest to you and that you want something you want to look up to and that makes you extremely happy or interest or anything to cheer you up after a hard day, but you just can't seem to see or find anything at the moment and don't know what else to do?

That sounds like a little depression. Happens to most and usually passes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That sounds like a little depression. Happens to most and usually passes.
    It's not so much depression per se, it's just boredom and the feeling that nothing much seems to captivate your interest or attention at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperversal God View Post
    It's not so much depression per se, it's just boredom and the feeling that nothing much seems to captivate your interest or attention at all.
    That can still be mild depression.
    But are you talking about things that usually interest you seem boring, or you can't find something new when the old things are no longer interesting?
    Do those old things become interesting again after a few days or weeks?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

That can still be mild depression.
    But are you talking about things that usually interest you seem boring, or you can't find something new when the old things are no longer interesting?
    Do those old things become interesting again after a few days or weeks?
    More like you get tired of seeing nothing but the same old things, like for mainstream entertainment, and you want to find something new and different, and hopefully good and interesting, but you just can't seem to find them, at least not without searching the corners of the globe, day and night.

Maybe that instead of trying to find something new to watch, read, listen or whatever you should try to find something new to do by yourself.

Hobby, sport, swimming with piranhas. Try and pick.

More like you get tired of seeing nothing but the same old things, like for mainstream entertainment, and you want to find something new and different, and hopefully good and interesting, but you just can't seem to find them, at least not without searching the corners of the globe, day and night.
    Okay. Yes that happens. i gave up on the Big Two a few years ago. It takes a while to find other comics to replace them. And i don't read as many comics as I did when i was reading Marvel and DC.
    It takes a little more work to find new books to like, but i don't think it is a day and night, corners of the globe thing. Embrace the journey.

In addition to this discussion, post something that describes what new comics you do like and ask for people to suggest others that are similar.
    You have a great resource at available right here.

BANNED

Okay. Yes that happens. i gave up on the Big Two a few years ago. It takes a while to find other comics to replace them. And i don't read as many comics as I did when i was reading Marvel and DC.
    It takes a little more work to find new books to like, but i don't think it is a day and night, corners of the globe thing. Embrace the journey.

In addition to this discussion, post something that describes what new comics you do like and ask for people to suggest others that are similar.
    You have a great resource at available right here.
    But my scope isn't limited to comics nor am I a comic fan per se. This is about everything in general.

But my scope isn't limited to comics nor am I a comic fan per se. This is about everything in general.
    We have forums for other media as well. And there are plenty of other forums out there. If you are bored with everything in general, I would go back to my mild depression idea.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

If you are bored with everything in general, I would go back to my mild depression idea.
    Yes, I tend to agree with that. It's hard to see a good explanation so far that doesn't involve some mild depression. Sometimes I shift focus from one hobby to another and there is a period of being tired of a certain hobby area (not "everything in general"), but I always soon enough find something "new, fun, exciting, thrilling, fascinating, and different."

mild depression: "has there ever been a time where you feel bored and glum and that nothing seems to be of any interest to you and that you want something you want to look up to and that makes you extremely happy or interest or anything to cheer you up after a hard day"
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-06-2018 at 09:15 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Yes JBF, I think the OP should at least consider it. If it is some form of depression, no "new, exciting" find will feel right anyway.

This sounds a lot like you might be experiencing depression. You may want to mention it to your doctor if it persists. Talking about it may help you get to the root of the problem, or if it intensifies help you work on a plan.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I don't mean to pile on any more here and make you feel like you wish you'd never bothered to ask the question in the first place but, as pointed out, you sound like you might be suffering from some form of mild depression here. Sorry.

BANNED

Guys it's not real depression, it's just feeling bored and not being able to find things that interest you so much. In other words, everything is so boring and lame these days.

BANNED

Boredom is good for you. Sit in silence, alone with your thoughts, and stare at the wall. You'll figure something out.